Complete Review of G1W-C CAPACITOR based dash camera NT96650 + AR0330 1080p / 30Fps

Guys,
Are you aware of any firmware for G1W-C that will increase bitrate to 15 mbps? I heard that loading the one from G1WH will cause trouble with saving the last file.

I know but is there any way to get 15 mpbs out of this?

I bought one from gearbest. Seems genuine, has the 2013 firmware and does 30fps mov files at around 11,900bps according to daum potplayer. I run a Kingston class 4 32gb card which tested fine in other stuff.
Video is good, audio a little quiet.

After two days it locks up and doesn't get past the welcome screen or take video. Card about half full. I tried resetting it and it worked for another few hours then back to lock up.

Any tips or just send it back. Overall I am happy with the quality of the video, just want it to work.

FYI: My last firmware was 2013.1126.16. (issue: last file error because the unit didn't shut down properly)

For G1W-C user who have this kind of issues:
- Last File error
- unit didn't turn off properly
- Setting became default after reboot
Try this firmware. it will upgrade your firmware into 2014.0813.11 .
I've upload it to my Google Drive.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B90I_Yu3gbxGNDQ3NGg0Mi1xamM/view?usp=sharing
n.b. do it at your own risk!!!

TUTORIAL:
1. Download from the link above
2. Format your Micro SD
3. put the Bin File on root of your micro sd
4. Plug in the Micro SD
5. Plug in the USB (to power up the G1W-C)
6. The screen goes blank for few second, and then boot up
7. Check the firmware version. it should be 2014.0813.11
8. Format Your card using the G1W-C
9. Try to reboot if the problem still exist (mine works fine after 4-5times reboot)
10. Hope this work for you guys.

Updated new FW, files no more corrupted. Thanks

Just took a first ride today to work. Everything works fine as it should be.

When the sun shines on traffic light, red light or green light look the same: silver, bright color on recorded video. Only see clearly color when the sun behind the traffic light. I guess this normal, not camera fault. That would be a problem when a cop gives faulty ticket.

Just took a first ride today to work. Everything works fine as it should be.

When the sun shines on traffic light, red light or green light look the same: silver, bright color on recorded video. Only see clearly color when the sun behind the traffic light. I guess this normal, not camera fault. That would be a problem when a cop gives faulty ticket.
There's some filter that will reduce or fix this problem. I forgot the name.

...Only see clearly color when the sun behind the traffic light. .... That would be a problem when a cop gives faulty ticket.

You can still determine which light (red/green) by it's position in that event.

A question about the red flashing led. I thought it was just a light that flashed to indicate recording was on. I tested a new 16gb Samsung EVO card today and the led flashed with varying intervals, sometimes a few quick flashes, then some slow ones. Made me think that the led flashes when the card is written to. Makes sense as in testing this 16gb card on a win8.1 pc the graph of write speed was all over the place, from about 5MB/s to 12. Most other cards have fairly flat write speeds. It was also pretty hot in the car so that may be an issue.

Maybe this is why my other class 4 card caused lock ups, too slow to write, especially as there is a time overlap in files meaning whilst finishing one file the system has to start another one, so a slow write at that point may crash the system

Just a thought. Anyone else noticed varying led flashes when recording?

A question about the red flashing led. I thought it was just a light that flashed to indicate recording was on. I tested a new 16gb Samsung EVO card today and the led flashed with varying intervals, sometimes a few quick flashes, then some slow ones. Made me think that the led flashes when the card is written to. Makes sense as in testing this 16gb card on a win8.1 pc the graph of write speed was all over the place, from about 5MB/s to 12. Most other cards have fairly flat write speeds. It was also pretty hot in the car so that may be an issue.

Maybe this is why my other class 4 card caused lock ups, too slow to write, especially as there is a time overlap in files meaning whilst finishing one file the system has to start another one, so a slow write at that point may crash the system

Just a thought. Anyone else noticed varying led flashes when recording?
I just noticed the led flashes.
It is not always the same.
Today I observed 4 short and 4 long.
Or was it 4 long and 4 short?
Hmm...

Last edited:
I think there has been a lot of cost cutting by manufacturers so it's pot luck which one you would actually get now.

If you can spend a little more than the G1W maybe think about the A118 / A118C or the Mobius - they're all very popular on here. As you go further up the price range there are literally tonnes of different options but at the lower end you'll struggle to get better than the Mobius.

It sounds like the WickedHD G1W on Amazon is supplied by Foscam - to be honest I've got good things to say about Foscam home cameras but longevity of the G1W is usually the biggest issue - when they're working people are usually very happy with them though!

The NT96650 is just the processor that the camera uses - some of the clones use an older version of the Novatek chip which doesn't produce as high quality video.

Buying a G1W purely is like playing a lottery in terms of getting a good one or a bad one.

Are you wanting to buy it locally or import?

i have exactly same problem with my g1w-c as shown in this youtube clip:

please help me.

Back