Complete Review of G1W-C CAPACITOR based dash camera NT96650 + AR0330 1080p / 30Fps

Hi all

I got my Blueskysea G1W-C 2 day ago, with the firmware of 2013.1112.18. Running it with my PowerGen Dual USB 4.2A 20W Car Charger and a mini USB cable, no problem as far.

One thing I find is that the contrast is little high on a bright sunny day, I wonder turning off the WDR may help? Since the firmware of mine doesn't allow me to turning the WDR off, so is it a better firmware to flash to the dash cam ? Thanks.

There is a example of the dash cam video below, I think this cam is very good value for money.

Last edited:
Hi all

I got my Blueskysea G1W-C 2 day ago, with the firmware of 2013.1112.18. Running it with my PowerGen Dual USB 4.2A 20W Car Charger and a mini USB cable, no problem as far.

One thing I find is that the contrast is little high on a bright sunny day, I wonder turning off the WDR may help? Since the firmware of mine doesn't allow me to turning the WDR off, so is it a better firmware to flash to the dash cam ? Thanks.

There is a example of the dash cam video below, I think this cam is very good value for money.
my g1wc has the same firmware.

does your nite videos have lights that bleed? (see previous page for an example.)

This is not a 'reply' as such but I did want to ask a question about the
Black Box G1W-C Full HD 1080P H.264 Capacitor Model.
Bought this a few days ago and it seems to be working fine. Is there a way to interface a GPS unit into the dash cam?
I have a Tom Tom unit, but would be willing to consider buying another unit if it is possible to marry the two units.
Great thread. Thanks in advance for the help.

Has anyone successfully updated the firmware on the G1W-C version??? I can only find out how to flash the H version and its not working for my C version from estore009 on ebay. Can it take the same firmware as the H version? maybe it just needs to be a different filename other than FWDM800H.bin???

firmware for battery and capacitor versions are different, if you got a battery version on there you'd find the last file would get corrupted all the time on shutdown as the battery version doesn't power down quick enough

Hi all

Video looks very good.
No fuzzy areas.

firmware for battery and capacitor versions are different, if you got a battery version on there you'd find the last file would get corrupted all the time on shutdown as the battery version doesn't power down quick enough

Sooooo this isnt nearly as moddable as the H version?? crap! figures....wheres all the firmware hacks for this version? lol

Hello G1W-C users. I just bought my unit from estore009 and love it. I personally had no issues with a Sandisk class 4 32GB card. I have a question regarding the recording over old files.. does this unit actually do that? Because I got a full card error today and checked that it is indeed full. I am not using the loop feature to record in intervals. Should I be using this feature to have my older files automatically erased or do I have to manually erase a full card? (And yes I searched or else I would not have posted this question)

Thanks for the quick response; I figured it had to do with the record loop setting. :thumbup:

No loop, no overwrite.

Review of C1W-C ( Capacitor based ) Dash Camera

This is a "brother" of well known budget dash camera G1W that got popular this year as a good value for money car dvr, which is based on popular combination of Novatek NT96650 CPU and Aptina AR0330 CMOS sensor with F1.8 lens aperture.

View attachment 2799

View attachment 2803

View attachment 2804

Overall G1W and G1W-C main specifications, performance and video quality recording is the same apart from G1W is uses built-in battery and G1W-C is based on Capacitor ( dual SuperCap ) which allows to save last recorded video clip and keeps time and device settings in the memory.

Till now there are only some Korean high-end dash camera manufacturers used capacitors instead of batteries, but end of 2013y showed more and more high-end dash cam manufacturers realising problems if using batteries inside dash cams, so they now going over to capacitor based dash cams. But we all know that Korean high-end dash cams are quite expensive and not all people can afford them.

G1W-C is the FIRST Chinese dash camera which is based on Capacitor. I haven't even seen yet any mid- and high price-range Chinese dash cameras based on capacitor ( 50-150 usd price range ). So for G1W-C developers being budget dash camera it is well made decision to start producing dash camera that can be affordable and at the same time with good specifications and performance.

Pros / cons of capacitor vs battery in dash camera.

Battery based dash cams has been reported having problems working in hot countries, due to battery overheating or even exploding. Many manufacturers advertise having battery in dash cam as positive thing, - you can record videos even without external power source, - yes thats true, but let's think in real life we all have mobile phones these days, so we can use them to record footage outside the car if needed. Most battery based dash camera will record around 20-30 minutes if fully charged and this is when they are new. ( latest Mobius and Innovv can record about 1h +/- ). After some period batteries lose their memory ( capacity ) and you are lucky if you can record few minutes footage. After some period of use batteries in many cases can die, so you end up in situation where your dash camera will not save last video file which is in most accidences is the most important video footage you want to keep as an evidence.

With Capacitor based dash cameras there are almost no worries with overheating issue, no exploding batteries, no risk of last file not saved. The only drawback with capacitor based dash cameras is that you can not record footage without external power.

Package content of G1W-C is standard as with most budget dash cameras.

- packaging
- dash camera
- suction mount
- miniUSB to USB2.0 lead
- miniUSB cigarette lighter charger / power adaptor
- user manual in English, Russian and Chinese lanugage

View attachment 2806

Menu interface is the same as on G1W

View attachment 2801

View attachment 2798

Main Features:

· FULL HD 1080P high quality resolution.
· NT96650+AR0330
· 120 degree A+ grade High Resolution Wide Angle Lens.
· Lens aperture F1.8
· Wide Dynamic technology ( firmware enhanced )
· H.264 video compression technology.
· Video recording in MOV
· Video recording bit-rate: average 12Mbps
· G-sensor function.
· Built-in microphone/speaker.
· Supports high capacity TF card up to 64Gb (Fat32 ).
· Seamless looping video.
· Support anti-shake function.
· Motion Detection.
· Support HDMI high quality video transmission.
· support auto ignition boot, turn off shut-down.

ADDED:
G1W-C works with Samsung 64Gb MicroSDXC ( MicroSD, Micro SDXC )

View attachment 2802

Specifications:

View attachment 2805
New camera - firmware version? G3 33dp v07 . I bought a camera with supposedly a 140 degree lens as in this thread http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/gearbest-g1w-c-41-99-after-coupon-code.6583/ How do I tell if is is really a 140 or just a 120 like most of the G1W-C models? What is the Carplate function for? tia

Last edited by a moderator:
New camera - firmware version? G3 33dp v07 . I bought a camera with supposedly a 140 degree lens as in this thread http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/gearbest-g1w-c-41-99-after-coupon-code.6583/ How do I tell if is is really a 140 or just a 120 like most of the G1W-C models? What is the Carplate function for? tia

120 vs 140 is very slight difference so unless you have both versions of camera, hard to figure it out.

Carplate is to enter your car's license plate so the video is proved to be taken from your car.

I turned my audio off.
I assume smaller file size since there's less data to be saved?

What are the advantages of having the audio on?

Great review. Thank you. I purchased two units G1W-C from Amazon Prime. My units have version 2013.05237.01. I use the Transcend 32GB Class-10 card. I purchased this unit specifically for the capacitor availability, however my unit does not save the last file on shutdown. The file becomes corrupted and not viewable. As the last file being the most critical in case of accident, is there a fix for this issue. Niko, do you have any suggestions? Thank you.

Back