Constant script error (referring to Google maps)- what to do?

duncam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My BlackVue DR600GW shows this "Script Error" message as soon as I play back the video:(. I am unable to use the dashcam because it interrupts all the time. I'll attach a couple of screenshots in the hope that someone out there can tell me how to sort this out.Capture 1 BlackVue.PNGCapture 2 BlackVue.PNGCapture 3 BlackVue.PNG

Thanks for taking an interest, jokiin :)
...an updated version of the player...
When you say "the player", do you mean the Blackvue DR600?
"Updated version"- is that the firmware for the DR600?
I am sorry for being so ignorant of the terminology! :rolleyes:

Thanks for taking an interest, jokiin :)

When you say "the player", do you mean the Blackvue DR600?
"Updated version"- is that the firmware for the DR600?
I am sorry for being so ignorant of the terminology! :rolleyes:

I mean the playback software, if uses Google api's to get map data, the api's do expire after some time so the program would need to be updated to keep functioning

When I open the Viewer (which I presume to be the playback software), and hit the Information icon at the top right corner of the screen, I see "software version: 2.40-HD-E", and below that "firmware version: unavailable" as shown on the attached screen-shot.
So, do I need to update the software version, or the firmware?
I am most grateful to you for your generous help(y)
BlackVue Capture.PNG

Hello Jokinn, and many many thanks for your help :woot: Your prompts have got me there in the end :banghead: I have downloaded and installed the "legacy" software for the player, and all is working properly again, without any of these constant "script error" messages:cool::cigar:
My best wishes, and warmest thanks!

Back