Garmin Constant Power Cable issues

Retrostyle

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone thanks for an advance for your help.

I just purchased a Garmin dash cam live, and the Garman constant power OBD cable.

I also have a new 2023 Nissan pathfinder.

When I plug everything in, it works great and as long as I’m using the vehicle, power is supplied to the camera. For some reason, it will stop sending power to the camera within 1 to 3 hours of locking the vehicle. The vehicle itself has a huge battery, so I can’t imagine it’s draining it that quickly. I’m thinking the Garmin constant power cable is just too sensitive and thinks the vehicle is losing battery charge.

I’ve also tried the 10 minute infinity modes. I actually have a dash cam mini connected to it as well that I put in my back window.

So bummed it’s not working, but ironically, the Pathfinder has a cigarette lighter adapter in the rear trunk area that is constant power so I’m most likely going to return the Garmin constant Power cable unit and use that instead. Just have to make sure right don’t drain the battery by mistake.

If it lost power as soon as I shut off the vehicle, I would say it’s a vehicle issue, but it will shut off anywhere from 1 to 3 hours after I lock the vehicle. Very weird.

Thanks!

Evan.

Could be, some vehicles do shut down circuits at pre determined times after ignition off.

Where/what are you connected too? On late model vehicles some fuses will turn off if they think a leak has occurred. If.. the rear cigarette lighter plug is "always" on, perhaps use that fuse as a source... but check to see if it too turns off in ~3 hours.

Back