Courier Cyclist hits Jaywalker

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2

Note the windshield, and why I say a dash cam user needs a cleaner one than the typical driver.

cammer also needs a new camera. what was that, like 5 fps?

i noticed a street sign on the right - perhaps cammer was blocking the intersection (gridlock), and the ped was NOT actually jay-walking?

certainly confuses things in terms of who will pay to fix the infiniti they ran into ahead of the cammer.

The Cammer is driving on Bay street, Canada's version of Wall street, north bound. The peculiar towered building is Old City hall. Its in the Vicinity of 350 Bay. bayStreet2.jpg
Notice the South St Burger on the left (West side) of the street.

There isn't a stop sign, or traffic lights at Temperance and Bay. There isn't cross walk. The pedestrian was jay walking.

Now, the cyclist was driving in the middle of two live lanes. The traffic to the cammers right wasn't parked cars. I don't believe was the bicyclist was doing was right, as he was driving on the left lane. I am not sure that is legal.

Imagine if it were a motorcycle lane splitting. Don't laugh. A pedestrian with ear plugs walked into a moving fire truck not far from there, so its possible the same could happen with a motorcycle which is lane splitting.

I watched this a few times and only notice this now. Notice the phone on the bottom left hand side of the screen mounted on the dash. It appears there are videos being played.

I watched this a few times and only notice this now. Notice the phone on the bottom left hand side of the screen mounted on the dash. It appears there are videos being played.
I cannot see anything happening on the phone's screen - except for reflections of the cars as they pass.

On a separate note, the cam car driver should be fined for that appallingly filthy windscreen. How the heck do they manage to see properly to drive?

Yes its reflections. I could see what appeared to be image, never noticing it was changing as the cars went by.

I watched again and agree it's reflections... But did you notice the sweet BMW i8 that went by in the other direction? :)

That one will set you back a pretty penny, and here it will set you back a mountain of really ugly pennies.

Pretty nice car indeed, but i could never get myself to buy one, even with lotto money en mass.

This is why I have a thing about cyclists. :mad: They want to pretend risks don't exist. Most of the cyclists I see filtering or overtaking on the wrong side of the road are going WAAAY too fast to react if common and perfectly predictable situations arise.

I haven't read the video comments yet, but I bet it's full of "not the cyclist's fault because the pedestrian shouldn't have walked out."

Edit> No comments there yet. Time will tell.

Last edited:
I commented on YT on a bicycle video with wheeled hooligans in Frisco i think it was, only 10 % or so actually used the just fine bicycle path, the rest was all over the road and sidewalk with total disregard to any and all.
Guy was filming from bike using mobius 2.

I wrote " You need to turn off WDR, and your friends need to learn to cycle in a non hooligan way "

NEVER fill your washer reservoir with milk. ;)

Back