Cove of scenic footage for bike trainer?

trex83

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yo Dashcam Pros! I exercise on a bike trainer at home (no health insurance), and would like to find some scenic road video footage to watch while doing so. It would be great to bike to some dashcam footage of a trucker who's recorded driving through the Rockies, in Scandinavia, or in Japan. Just wake up and travel, you know? A company called Velo Reality does this, but it's about $12/45 minutes...There's got to be some good Dashcam footage out there! Do you know of a YouTube channel, or something like this? Preemptive thank you! :)

I've thought of something like this for a while now. would love to be on my road bike when it's too cold outside. I'm thinking we'll see a bunch of channels on youtube or some apps coming soon for just this purpose. with incredibly cheap VR headsets and a smartphone, it shouldn't be too difficult. we just need some providers out there that record footage on some 3D cameras.

There is some channels on youtube that have footage captured on seenic drives, but often thay are fairly short.

One that come to mind is this guy, that allso post in here from time to time
https://www.youtube.com/user/blessedhomosapiens/videos

The ideal must be on the small fairly slow roads.

Not sure if someone do the same but filmed from a bicycle instead of a fast moving car or motorcycle.

I will save the whole of one of my next drives here in Denmark for you and put it in yourube in its raw format, that should be around a 1 hour drive in total.
The raw will be speedy as its on 80 kmh/ 55 MPH roads it will be taped, if you like to i can tape it in 60 FPS so it can be slowed down 50% and still look allright.

Let me know if you prefer to DL the video instead cuz then i can put it on MEGA for you.

Its no problem, got snappy upload :) but MEGA is often slow for me only allowing me to use 20% of my upload speed, youtube i think give me 100% speed.

Ps i only drive on roads where bicycles can allso drive, hate motorways to much and i have plenty of time.

Edit just found you some bicycle vodeos captured here in DK.

Enjoy your trips around Denmark.

Bikeride MTB around the town of Viborg

Bikeride around Bolling lake.

Going to work in Copenhagen on a bike.

Bikeride in unknown forrest MTB

Bikeride around the town of fredericia.

Last edited:
I have a few, I think.

Not too many that are long, and a continuous video, though.

I've thought of something like this for a while now. would love to be on my road bike when it's too cold outside. I'm thinking we'll see a bunch of channels on youtube or some apps coming soon for just this purpose. with incredibly cheap VR headsets and a smartphone, it shouldn't be too difficult. we just need some providers out there that record footage on some 3D cameras.

abarth, have you seen the current technology? BKOOL is pretty kool, and Zwift is neat as well. The downside is that it's not cheap...top of the line resistance trainer is a Wahoo KICKR for around $800. You can download any course using GPS data, and the trainer will simulate the climbs, descends, wind, even multiplayer drafts. I actually don't have one yet, but I've preordered for when I get back home. Been really stressed these days and need to cardio it away. But regarding the VR headsets, I saw one Italian company doing something like this. let me find...Widerun. Pretty cool, but it looks like their kickstarter failed. It's only a matter of time :D

There is some channels on youtube that have footage captured on seenic drives, but often thay are fairly short.
I will save the whole of one of my next drives here in Denmark for you and put it in yourube in its raw format, that should be around a 1 hour drive in total.
The raw will be speedy as its on 80 kmh/ 55 MPH roads it will be taped, if you like to i can tape it in 60 FPS so it can be slowed down 50% and still look allright.

Let me know if you prefer to DL the video instead cuz then i can put it on MEGA for you.

Its no problem, got snappy upload :) but MEGA is often slow for me only allowing me to use 20% of my upload speed, youtube i think give me 100% speed.

Dude, kamkar1, that's a really awesome gesture but too kind to accept. Thanks so much for the offer, but these other videos you shared with me are more than enough. Commuting to work in Copenhagen will be great fun, because it's not MY commute :) The American footage will also be interesting when used as a playlist. This is exactly what I was searching for. Thanks again man!

I have a few, I think.

Your scenic playlist is great, I'll be watching them...but not the stupid drivers list. That **** is just too frustrating, lol. But man, I don't get it. Why do you have all this Thailand footage?

I assume some one can afford to go on vacation, i only been outside Denmark 1 time on vacation, all the other times and countries have all been work related.

So my first thing to do if i ever win a little money is travel, for a year or more as i have no ties here.

If you translate cycling to other languages and search youtube you might find more, the netherlands is allso a big cycling nation, i assume you could even find some one that have taped some of the TDF stages.

I know every year during TDF ppl here can get into the TV studio and drive the alpe d'huez stage ( just the climp to the top ) on a static setup with a screen.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbBtdw-_SCqGDs6-_awaDg/videos

Last edited:
Why do you have all this Thailand footage?

I'm such an annoying person, I need to leave the US occasionally and hide in a distant country for a while until things cool down.

:)

I assume some one can afford to go on vacation, i only been outside Denmark 1 time on vacation, all the other times and countries have all been work related.

You should move to the UK. They give welfare people free vacations in other countries. I'm serious. Maybe they hope they won't come back?
:)

They use to do that here too, and thats one reason we are so fawked now even ppl that do qualify for a pension will have to be dragged thru hoops for the better part of a decade before they "maybe" will be able to get a pension.

And menawhile ppl that have been giver a erly pension have now moved back to where they come from and then get her pension mailed there.
For at least a decade it was common for socialworkers to give lazy kids in ther 20ties a pension just becuz they was not able to motivate them to work, and they ackknowlege this today but do not want to take the pension from the ppl that clearly do not deserve it.
There is ppl here that have been here for the best part of 3 decades and they dont speak a word Danish, and have proberly worked a handfull of years during that time, and we just keep trowing billions at ppl like that :rolleyes:

Ah man...I feel guilty here, being an unemployed EU immigrant.

Explanation is that my French wife got banned from the USA because of a super silly visa flaw, and after a few months I quit my job and followed her back to France. For maybe 6-9 months, I totally dedicated myself to language learning, and after being pretty fluent, entered the job market with confidence. It was so miserably depressing, because nobody would even make eye contact with me. "Bonjour, I have X years of experi...Non, merci!" Instant ****ing rejection, always. I pushed my resume to the point of being rude, but eventually ran out of steam. Got restaurant job via connection, but didn't know eating culture well enough to hold it. After so much negative responses, you really just lose hope. Too much stress has given me heart palpitations, which is why I'm quitting the EU, moving back to the US and getting a bike trainer. I need to exercise out of depression and cardio my heart. Wife will follow after paperwork, maybe a year from now.

I'm your average white dude, but France has left me feeling really rejected and worthless, along with other EU countries I applied to. I now totally understand why so many N. African immigrants are frustrated with feelings of discrimination, and stay out of the job market. If I were them, I'd be pretty convinced it was my skin. There's a lot of room for misunderstanding...but either way, **** that gangster/ghetto behavior **** many people exhibit. Anyways, unemployment really destroys you, and good community action/positivity is all that keeps you floating sometimes :)

I sat in a lot of government immigration courses like "Don't Beat your Wife 101" and "It's Illegal to Sell your Child 211," and the way these government employees make you feel is pretty ****ing bad. You are a criminal, instantly. Some of the incomers suck, and should never be allowed in, but the majority seemed to have good intention. Some Syrian dudes were (to me) as American as peanut butter and jelly, completely integrating, trying hard but struggling with language, while some Egyptian and Isreali guys were just walking definitions of anti-integration and will probably never even attempt to assimilate. Everybody was different...personally, I can't imagine myself ever feeling like I belong here, sitting at a small Parisian cafe table, elbows tight, wearing a scarf, hair gelled, and giggling about domestic politics or something. Personally, France was like a woman you are attracted to, try hard to date, get rejected by, and then you start wondering why you were ever attracted to her in the beginning.

Sorry for the rant. Thanks for your feedback on dashcam footage guys :) You've shown me exactly what I was searching for!

Last edited:
Ah man...I feel guilty here, being an unemployed EU immigrant.

Explanation is that my French wife got banned from the USA because of a super silly visa flaw, and after a few months I quit my job and followed her back to France. For maybe 6-9 months, I totally dedicated myself to language learning, and after being pretty fluent, entered the job market with confidence. It was so miserably depressing, because nobody would even make eye contact with me. "Bonjour, I have X years of experi...Non, merci!" Instant ****ing rejection, always. I pushed my resume to the point of being rude, but eventually ran out of steam. Got restaurant job via connection, but didn't know eating culture well enough to hold it. After so much negative responses, you really just lose hope. Too much stress has given me heart palpitations, which is why I'm quitting the EU, moving back to the US and getting a bike trainer. I need to exercise out of depression and cardio my heart. Wife will follow after paperwork, maybe a year from now.

I'm your average white dude, but France has left me feeling really rejected and worthless, along with other EU countries I applied to. I now totally understand why so many N. African immigrants are frustrated with feelings of discrimination, and stay out of the job market. If I were them, I'd be pretty convinced it was my skin. There's a lot of room for misunderstanding...but either way, **** that gangster/ghetto behavior **** many people exhibit. Anyways, unemployment really destroys you, and good community action/positivity is all that keeps you floating sometimes :)

I sat in a lot of government immigration courses like "Don't Beat your Wife 101" and "It's Illegal to Sell your Child 211," and the way these government employees make you feel is pretty ****ing bad. You are a criminal, instantly. Some of the incomers suck, and should never be allowed in, but the majority seemed to have good intention. Some Syrian dudes were (to me) as American as peanut butter and jelly, completely integrating, trying hard but struggling with language, while some Egyptian and Isreali guys were just walking definitions of anti-integration and will probably never even attempt to assimilate. Everybody was different...personally, I can't imagine myself ever feeling like I belong here, sitting at a small Parisian cafe table, elbows tight, wearing a scarf, hair gelled, and giggling about domestic politics or something. Personally, France was like a woman you are attracted to, try hard to date, get rejected by, and then you start wondering why you were ever attracted to her in the beginning.

Sorry for the rant. Thanks for your feedback on dashcam footage guys :) You've shown me exactly what I was searching for!
You've been in the "wrong" part of the EU. :rolleyes:

Zwift is great for trainer time. Makes it so much easier to ride inside when there is too much snow on the ground.

Back