Status
Not open for further replies.
tested_positive.jpg
Edit: (just in) + Sen. Ron Johnson

whitehouse.jpeg

9/26/20
trumpers.jpg

The Masque of the Red Death by Edgar Allan Poe - Plot​

The story takes place at the castellated abbey of the "happy and dauntless and sagacious" Prince Prospero. Prospero and 1,000 other nobles have taken refuge in this walled abbey to escape the Red Death, a terrible plague with gruesome symptoms that has swept over the land. Victims are overcome by "sharp pains", "sudden dizziness", and "profuse bleeding at the pores", and die within half an hour. Prospero and his court are indifferent to the sufferings of the population at large; they intend to await the end of the plague in luxury and safety behind the walls of their secure refuge, having welded the doors shut.

Prospero holds a masquerade ball one night to entertain his guests in seven colored rooms of the abbey. Each of the first six rooms is decorated and illuminated in a specific color: blue, purple, green, orange, white, and violet. The last room is decorated in black and is illuminated by a scarlet light, "a deep blood color" cast from its stained glass windows. Because of this chilling pairing of colors, very few guests are brave enough to venture into the seventh room. A large ebony clock stands in this room and ominously chimes each hour, upon which everyone stops talking or dancing and the orchestra stops playing. Once the chiming stops, everyone immediately resumes the masquerade.

At the chiming of midnight, the revelers and Prospero notice a figure in a dark, blood-splattered robe resembling a funeral shroud. The figure's mask resembles the rigid face of a corpse and exhibits the traits of the Red Death. Gravely insulted, Prospero demands to know the identity of the mysterious guest so they can hang him. The guests, too afraid to approach the figure, instead let him pass through the six chambers. The Prince pursues him with a drawn dagger and corners the guest in the seventh room. When the figure turns to face him, the Prince lets out a sharp cry and falls dead. The enraged and terrified revelers surge into the black room and forcibly remove the mask and robe, only to find to their horror that there is nothing underneath. Only then do they realize the costume was empty and all of the guests contract and succumb to the disease. The final line of the story sums up, "And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all."

Last edited:
The man who infected Liberty Vallance :)

man-shot-liberty-valance-2.jpg

Brazilians are flocking to the beaches,,,,, i think you can expect numbers to soar down there soon.

97a05495-2cab-41d1-8ef9-550fefcdf3da.jpg

FWIW, that photo of Rio is a month old. The numbers in Brazil certainly haven't been good but they have been falling since then.

Brazilians are flocking to the beaches,,,,, i think you can expect numbers to soar down there soon.

97a05495-2cab-41d1-8ef9-550fefcdf3da.jpg

So, @kamkar1, you are apparently right about this story. Seems there have been at least three big waves of crowds of Brazilians flocking to the beaches going back to at least June. The one last month didn't seem to have too much of an effect on the numbers but that may not last long.

Yeah with this is just take 1 rotten apple to ruin the whole batch if it get to fester in among the good apples too long.

Some weeks ago they digged graves in the sand of the same beaches in protest over the handling of corona.

thumbs_b_c_5bf841bc1b2ed916d4e58c2d189d0e3e.jpg

Hehe yeah i am not so sad that i seem to have misplaced my ABC mask, then again i got it when i was 16 or something so it is probably not worth much today.
ABC = Atomic - Biological - Chemical, back then it was the latest and greatest in the Armed forces here, where i got mine from in spite of the armed forces here never wanted anything to do with me.
BUT ! i got a lot of stuff from the army over the years,,,,, also really nasty stuff tho not anything like novichok, more like things that can make smaller or larger holes in things and many small holes fast or 1 big hole in one go.
I would like to say things have improved but 10 years or so ago someone drove up to a barracks on a weekend, overcame the 1 probably unarmed guard there, and drove of with a car full of xxx guns,,,,,,,, and thats about as incompetent as it get with army and firearms safety :rolleyes:

Looking at the Russians, it seem like their biological warfare products, well it cant even kill their own citizens when they use it on them,,,,,,,, at least i hope it is them, it would be a mess if stuff like that was on the open market for anyone to get their hands on.

Last edited:
Bill Gates on monoclonal antibodies and other things:

Interviewer: I know the Trump administration had put limits on stem cell research by the federal government and Regeneron I believe uses embryonic stem cells or was developed with that use, would that be an issue moving forward for widespread use and distribution?

Bill: Well not outside the United States certainly... :geek: ... It is ironic that Trump... now we need Leadership...

Trump: In the clip shared on Twitter Wednesday evening, the president described how he "felt good immediately" after taking the emergency antibody ****tail, which he praised as a "miracle from God", "a cure", "incredible the way it works", "it was China's fault".

(China deaths per million population total = 3, Trump's USA deaths per million population yesterday only = 3.)

Last edited:
Australia just powered up their defensive shield again ( closed borders ) some will probably call that a overreaction.
Not me though, i am just a wanna be Aussie so my opinion dont matter in this.

In the US the FBI arrested militia people for wanting to kidnap a governor that in their perspective put in too tough corona rules.

The politics of how the pandemic has been handled has polarized America, and at this point everyone has already made up their minds about the upcoming Presidential elections, their own beliefs on how the pandemic should be handled, and what role the Government should have or have had in the matter.

I won't delve into the politics any deeper as that subject is not appropriate or allowed here, but I will close in saying that at this point nothing will surprise me, and it will likely be as I've long said that 2020 will become a more important and noteworthy year in US history than 1776, and that is not something which makes me happy at all.

I wish everyone understood that extremism has never worked in a free society and it never will :( What you wish on others is what you will get too and that is also an 'always' thing :cautious:

Phil

I've long said that 2020 will become a more important and noteworthy year in US history than 1776,
Had to look the date up, seems it was the year that some in the US decided to make political changes through the use of guns instead of political negotiations like most other countries that were part of the empire.

1776-musical.jpg

If only Phil had said 1792 i would have been all over it, CUZ

1792 the year Denmark banned slave trading and keeping, and in the newcomer nation America the #1 foundation stone for the presidents palace was put down.
A house the British burned down in the war of 1812, Theodore Roosevelt named the new building the white house in 1901.

One could argue the 1812 war was a naval war to a large degree, not the kind of war the British was accustomed in loosing.

BTW i found out the Americans have tried to buy Greenland before, in the good old 50ties i think it was, for a measly 100 mill USD in gold,,,,,,,, Trump will have to up that to a substantial larger number for us to even. consider it.

And like Apple we will take 30% off the top on any mineral deposits found up there. :) and when Denmark sink in the sea every Dane must be granted American citizenship, And a new state named Danica will have to be made for us, on Greenland - on the US continent- or the sunny side of the Moon / Mars

Last edited:
One could argue the 1812 war was a naval war to a large degree, not the kind of war the British was accustomed in loosing.
Well the burning of the White House was in retaliation for the burning and destruction of rather more in Toronto, the war was really about the Americans attempting to expand their territory, something that almost never ends well to this day:

The Americans then set fire to the Parliament, Government House, and several other public buildings, and destroyed the local printing press. The Americans claimed that they were seizing public goods intended to support the British forces.

History do indeed have a tendency to repeat itself.
Thats one of my reasons for my bleak perspective on the future of Denmark.

Had to look the date up, seems it was the year that some in the US decided to make political changes through the use of guns instead of political negotiations like most other countries that were part of the empire.

1776-musical.jpg

"Political negotiations? Who are you kidding? (only yourself obviously) Your denial of that facts and your historical revisionism is astonishing!

Relations between the Thirteen Colonies and Britain became increasingly strained, primarily due to resentment of the British Parliament's attempts to expolit, govern and unfairly tax American colonists without their consent (or negotiation) Thus the American Revolution began with rejection of British authority and moves towards self-government. In response, Britain sent troops to reimpose direct rule, leading to the outbreak of war in 1775.

When peaceful protesters defied a government order and demonstrated against British colonial rule in Amritsar, India, on 13 April 1919, they were fired upon by British Troops until they ran out of ammunition, killing between 400 and 1,000 protesters and injuring another 1,100 within 10 minutes.

Between 12 and 30 million Indians died of starvation while it was under the control of the British Empire, as millions of tons of wheat were exported to Britain as famine raged in India. In 1943, up to four million Bengalis starved to death when Winston Churchill diverted food to British soldiers and countries such as Greece while a deadly famine swept through Bengal. Speaking about the Bengal famine in 1943, Churchill said: “I hate Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion. The famine was their own fault for breeding like rabbits.”

Members of the Kikuyu tribe in Kenya were detained in camps, described as "Britain's gulags" or concentration camps, where they were systematically tortured and suffered egregious sexual assault. Estimates vary between 20,000 and 100,000 deaths.

"Political negotiations like most other countries that were part of the empire.?" :eek:
What a joke!

The demise of the extremely brutal British Empire all around the world, always imposed by military and naval force just seems to really kill you, Nigel, to the point of denying that it ever actually occurred.

+100.000 new infected in the past 24 hours,,,,,, that is for all of Europa that include Russia and Ukraine, just Denmark which just had 482 new cases.

That remind me, i forgot to buy me some tea today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back