COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Danes, while puking their guts out ASO are scrambling up the charts, we now see around 2000 Daily new cases, and it is expected to double in the coming weeks.
A range of 30 or so municipalities have not gotten strengthened restrictions as a result, older school kids have been sent home to remote teaching, and again everyone that can are requested to work from home.
Restaurants - libraries - cinemas ASO have been shut down, not even lowered number of people like it have been for a while are Okay, Restaurants are still okay to do take out.

Seem like the hospital workers are going to spend X mas at work,,,,,,, which i myself have done for 5 years or so in the 90ties.

2558 new infected today ( new record ) just 3 dead VS 133 in Sweden ( though number for 2-3 days )
Swedish ICU beds are almost depleted now, since Friday Sweden had 18.820 new infected.

Sweden are at 7200 dead in total now, Denmark are at 904, so no matter how i look at it seem like their approach are not as good, though Danes could of course start to die at a tremendous rate, but somehow i do not see that happen.

Denmark are at 904
Your total for the year is the same as the USA had in 6 hours yesterday!

Sweden has now gone over the peak of it's second wave, it will be interesting to see how long it takes Denmark to reach the peak.
Deaths always increase at this time of year, we need the excess death figures to find out how many extra deaths there are this year, they are showing Sweden still normal, but they are a few weeks out of date, presumably there will be an excess spike. Blaming covid for all deaths where someone had had a positive test, even if deaths are at normal numbers for the time of year is not right.

3132 infected today and 14 dead, only good thing is 111.357 have been tested, and people are queuing up for hours in the cold weather,,,,,, though many also cant be bothered with the long waits.
Most regions have days of wait for a test, and one region cant even give a estimate when you will be able to be tested.

200 more in hospital and we match the all time record from the spring, 342 in hospital but only 40 or so of those in ICU and of those only 28 or so are on a ventilator.

69 municipalities now have strengthened sanctions in regard to where people assemble in larger numbers, so restaurants close 100 % again ASO

Last edited:
only good thing is 111.357 have been tested,
That is why you are catching up with UK now on the total cases graph!
China still winning, Switzerland and Austria have not been doing well recently, no skiing this winter!:

1607632391163.png

That is why you are catching up with UK now on the total cases graph!
China still winning, Switzerland and Austria have not been doing well recently, no skiing this winter!:

View attachment 54558

This notion of yours regarding who is "winning" or "losing" which has been on display here since the begining of the pandemic is truly disturbed. This is especially so as you continue with your death camp "excess deaths" narrative which ignores the disruption and expense to society, the pain, suffering and untold grief that has been visited upon countless families all over the world with lost loved ones, decimated national economies, lost jobs, lost educational opportunities and all the rest of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Oxford vaccine trial got peer reviewed and published, so now we know what happened:
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32661-1/fulltext

Sad to see 5 deaths in the trial participants:
1 road traffic accident,
1 blunt force trauma,
1 homicide,
1 fungal pneumonia,
1 covid-19.

All but one in the control arm, including the covid death.

Result: 100% effective at preventing hospitalisation and death from covid-19, and pretty effective at preventing most other deaths!

Add a few more to yesterdays record number of new infected, and you have today's numbers, on deaths we did a lot better then the Swedes which had 160 dead in 24 hours and we had 9 today.
The Swedes will very soon need help, in just about any form they can get it, most ICU wards are full or very close to full, staff collapsing or outright quitting their job ( Sweden it seem also had bad priorities for hospital staff so like here in Denmark they had problems there for years )

137,897 people received their first doses of the Pfizer / BioNTech jab in the first week of UK vaccinations.
Long way to go, going to take many months unless they speed things up! Also, a lot of them have gone to hospital workers who were probably already immune!

The scientists are starting to find the human genetic differences that make some people vulnerable, soon we will have covid drugs customised to your DNA:

The team, led by Edinburgh University researchers, spotted five genes that raised the risk of severe illness, pointing them towards a handful of drugs that are expected to help susceptible patients. The medicines will now be prioritised for clinical trials.

The Swedes will very soon need help,
They do appear to have reached the peak of the second wave for infections, Germany is looking worse, they avoided most of the first wave so are going to get a higher peak, and at this time of year that is bad news, good thing there is no flu about this year. In England, despite all the newspaper stories of infections and government lockdown restrictions, the second wave deaths didn't reach the height of the January flu deaths, the hospitals are still unusually empty:

1608231910364.png

We are now past what ever peak we had before, +500 in hospital, and 4036 new infected out of 115.000 tested in the past day, also 17 dead.
The restrictions have also been turned up, so if you dont have your X mas shopping done now,,,,,, well your X-mas are going to suck.

The restrictions have also been turned up, so if you dont have your X mas shopping done now,,,,,, well your X-mas are going to suck.
If they are going to keep numbers down then those restrictions will need to continue until the warmer weather arrives in spring!
I guess Denmark is doing better than Germany now because your weather is significantly warmer and damper than Germany with you having all that sea around you and being close to sea level everywhere.

A study of several countries and sanctions in those earlier in the year have been published in Science today, Denmark did rather well even comparing to countries with much stricter rules imposed.
My friends Nephew wanted him and of course his mother to come to Germany where he live to spend Christmas, and probably okay with his mother, but his uncle was not big on spending 10 days in quarantine in Germany ( at nephews house )

Here wizz kids in lab coats and masks are expecting this to continue going up and probably not peak before Jan / Feb next year.
So looking forward to see today's pestilence numbers that get released around 2 in the afternoon

In regard to the Danish weather it do look as if more records will be set this year.
1: The year with least snow days ( only 0.3 ATM )
2: The year with least days of all day sub zero temperatures ( none so far )
3: The fall with least sun hours, on average the past 3 weeks or so the sun have been seen ( shortly ) a few places for a hour or so.
4: The year with least days where the temperature dipped below zero for any time. the record is from 1974 and have 0.2 days.
5: If we dont get a temperature one of the remaining days of the year below 8 degrees frost, than that will also be a new record as right now the coldest temperature ( night time ) have been -7.8 deg C

Last edited:
A study of several countries and sanctions in those earlier in the year have been published in Science today, Denmark did rather well even comparing to countries with much stricter rules imposed.
It really seems like the weather is a big factor, in the UK we have seen the second wave moving south as the colder weather moves further south, now only the very south west has not seen the second wave, our south west weather is similar but a bit warmer than Denmark. I don't think the lockdowns make much difference, they just slow the spread down a bit, unless they are very strict.

Here wizz kids in lab coats and masks are expecting this to continue going up and probably not peak before Jan / Feb next year.
Here, those guys always overestimate by a long way!

But, yes, you have still had very low numbers of deaths, not much above average on excess deaths, so probably there is still not much immunity and it will keep spreading in the winter weather unless you have a very strict lockdown. With the current damp weather you may do better and peak in early Jan. You do not want snow, snow is what caused most of your deaths, skiing in Austria! Austria and Switzerland are really bad at the moment, probably more to do with low humidity than cold.

Well if anyone show up with a welder here, they better also put bars on my windows and confiscate my grinder and hacksaw , cuz one way or another i am going out, and as things are ATM i would not recommend any government official to stand in my way.
There was a articles on some news outlet here, seem like the Chinese in Wuhan are partying hard now,,,,, like pretty normal, no masks and lots of merry drunk people dancing.

Well no good news from the eastern front.
Including rapid tests the number of new infected people in the past 24 hours are 5591 out of 140.000 or so tested, 52 more gone into hospitals and 6 more for a total of 52 on ventilators, and 15 fresh corpses.

Total # of infected after 1880 have been cleared are 87.560.

Graph of daily new infected here.
pestilence.jpg

cuz one way or another i am going out,
It is good to get out, you need some sunshine to make vitamin D for your immune system to protect yourself from the virus, a good amount makes the symptoms far less severe. Nobody should be locked up inside!

Well no good news from the western front.
I won't be surprised if it levels off now due to the warmer weather we have at the moment, the steep rise was caused by the cold, but don't expect to go back down for a month or more.

seem like the Chinese in Wuhan are partying hard now
They have enough immunity to stop it spreading, not quite the same in the rest of China, there is still some virus about and it could take off again. Australia has another outbreak in Sidney despite closed borders, with no immunity you need to be really careful!

810 tourists coming here lately have been found to be infected, no idea what happened to them, but is retrospect of what we did to the poor mink, you have to be a bit scared. :)

810 tourists coming here lately have been found to be infected, no idea what happened to them, but is retrospect of what we did to the poor mink, you have to be a bit scared. :)
Like the mink? Yes, good reason to be scared:

1.5 million mink are missing

Do you have a covid app, I can imagine it might help in Denmark with numbers still being quite low, here it is impossible to know if it is working, google and apple hide all the data! Ireland has been doing quite well though, one of the few places to have decent use of their covid app, 34% of people have downloaded it. Doesn't seem to be helping much in Germany though!

Yes we have a APP; but like anything else here digital with a government fingerprint,,,,, it dont work terrible well.

9c3c5d985675f450bddd991bc986f689f052006e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back