COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illogical; our government is still trying to slow the infection rate, everyone should follow the instructions for the the common good.

Of course from a personal point of view, this would be an excellent time to catch it. If hospital care was needed, they are currently waiting for patients after halting all non-essential work, so the care would be excellent, and of course once you have had it and are immune, you don't need to worry about being infected any more, or worry about infecting anyone else. In fact if you know that you have had it then you are free to break all the quarantine rules :)

You have also unwisely made the assumption that I haven't already had it, when you have no evidence of that being true, about 1 in every 1000 UK people have already caught it, with a 0.2% death rate, mainly elderly.

Nice try! You are simply being hypocritical, smoothly attempting to elide your own words.

And if you'd already had it you wouldn't be admitting to being terrified about the possibility that your mail is contaminated.

Police officers in Equador were reportedly ordered to block a major airport runway using municipal vehicles yesterday by the city’s mayor ahead of an Iberia plane landing from Madrid, Spain which has been badly hit by the coronavirus outbreak.

The jet was reportedly carrying 11 crew members who were due to stay in the city overnight, but it was eventually forced to divert to another airport, as did a second passenger jet. The scenes took place at Jose Joaquin de Olmedo International airport in Guayaquil, the biggest city – and second most populous in Ecuador. The airport is the city’s second busiest, and the police actions eventually forced the Iberia jet to divert to the country’s capital of Quito instead before flying on to Amsterdam.

Helicopter view of the blocked runway.

Today Danish politicians must have had a good day, spending far more money belonging to others than usual.
So for now a 100 billion DKkr ( 14.2 billion USD ) cash handout are put up for Danish companies and workers affected by the crysis , and they will up that in a heartbeat if need be, the Danish GNP i think are around 300 billion USD
Any one company cant pull out more than 60 millions, and other restrictions.

Mainstream economists have been warning for years that the astronomical amount of debt in the world today is unsustainable and un-repayable and how this will eventually come home to roost in the worst possible way. They've been saying that for years and yet somehow we keep squeaking by. With the amount of fiat money being printed all over the globe in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in addition to the massive existing debt, along with the simultaneous sudden severe contractions in economies all over the world means we are very likely heading into an eventual collapse far exceeding the Great Depression.

Denmark use to borrow money in some country, and then give it to another country most likely in Africa, and then just pay the loan,,,,,,,,, i kid you not, what a insult to the tax paying man / woman.
And the African country that got the mony ( the ones that was not skimmed off here ) well after the dictator and his people got their cut, maybe a few villages got a goat to share.

PM has called for everyone to stay home on Sunday. Looks like they want to see how it goes if a lockdown has to be put in place.

March 22nd onwards, no commercial flights will land. Elderly have been advised not to leave home. Markets, restaurants and in some states public transport has started shutting. Schools, colleges closed and exams have been cancelled.

173 reported cases and 4 deaths so far.

PM has called for everyone to stay home on Sunday. Looks like they want to see how it goes if a lockdown has to be put in place.

March 22nd onwards, no commercial flights will land. Elderly have been advised not to leave home. Markets, restaurants and in some states public transport has started shutting. Schools, colleges closed and exams have been cancelled.

173 reported cases and 4 deaths so far.

It's hard to imagine a city like Delhi in total lockdown. At the very least maybe you'll get to see a dramatic reduction in air pollution levels similar to what occurred in China.

Lets hope India don't reach the same death numbers as with the Spanish flu, cuz as i recall India was where most was killed by that flu.

It's hard to imagine a city like Delhi in total lockdown. At the very least maybe you'll get to see a dramatic reduction in air pollution levels similar to what occurred in China.

Yes, kind of unimaginable for places like Delhi and Mumbai. Saw a video of NY a few minutes back, streets, Time Square, all empty.

I'll take the pollution over this any day of the year.

Un. Bleeping. Believable!! (or weirdly all too believable)

Senator Dumped Up to $1.6 Million of Stock After Reassuring Public About Coronavirus Preparedness

"After assuring the public about the government's coronavirus preparedness, Republican Senate Intel chair Richard Burr, in one day, sold off up to $1.6 million is stock. A week later, the market began its fall. His committee was receiving daily briefings around this time." Burr was one of just three senators who in 2012 opposed the STOCK Act, signed into law by President Obama that explicitly barred lawmakers and their staff from using nonpublic information for stock trades and required regular disclosure of those trades.

Secret recording obtained by NPR shows that Senate Intel Chairman Richard Burr raised alarms about Coronavirus weeks ago in a private meeting with well-connected constituents -- concerns he never shared with the public.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/19/8181...-questions-about-private-comments-on-covid-19

Yet another self dealing kleptocrat with his hands on the levers of government!!

Last edited:
A couple of the funds I have money in are already below principal, overall still not in red. Markets have taken a serious beating and sadly it's most probably going to get worse. Not particularly worried though, eventually all of it will bounce back.

A friend advised pulling out back in Sep/Oct saying he's got information from his money advisor that a major fall will happen soon, surely they couldn't have known things are going to go the way they have.

So isent that insider trading ?

That was my first thought too but technically there's some sort of distinction in the insider trading laws pertaining to elected officials. If you read the article I linked it goes on to say, "In opposing the bill, Burr argued at the time that insider trading laws already applied to members of Congress." Apparently, it doesn't otherwise they wouldn't have passed the law I suppose. It will be interesting to see what happens now (or not) to Senator Burr what with Republicans in control of the Senate.

Last edited:
A couple of the funds I have money in are already below principal, overall still not in red. Markets have taken a serious beating and sadly it's most probably going to get worse. Not particularly worried though, eventually all of it will bounce back.

A friend advised pulling out back in Sep/Oct saying he's got information from his money advisor that a major fall will happen soon, surely they couldn't have known things are going to go the way they have.

Your friend was basically right on the money. The market was in the longest bull market in history and in the midst of a classic late bull market blow off so it was ripe for a big plunge anyway but nobody could have anticipated a waterfall decline like this of ten thousand points in such a short period of time

Aaaa looking out for #1 i see.

Danish politicians recently passed a law, that mean no matter how much they screw up they can never be held accountable, a slap on the wrist are the worst that can happen if you don't count loosing your comfortable seat in the house of power.
But criminal actions against them, that's not going to happen.

Had i been a MP and part of what they do now, i would resign my seat after this as the laws they have been passing are a outrage, eve if it in the current situation are probably the best you can do.
But resigning at least mean that i will not be capitalizing if those laws are not rolled back.

Its the same if you invite me into your house, you can do that and have your entire 401K in cash spread all over your floor, that would not bother me one bit if i was alone there, but is someone else was there the mear chance of that person doing something that could potentially reflect bad on me would drive me insane.
Probably to a point where i would have to ask you to do a strip search of me before i run away from your house.

That was my first thought too but technically there's some sort of distinction in the insider trading laws pertaining to elected officials. If you read the article I linked it goes on to say, "In opposing the bill, Burr argued at the time that insider trading laws already applied to members of Congress." Apparently, it doesn't otherwise they wouldn't have passed the law I suppose. It will be interesting to see what happens now (or not) to Senator Burr what with Republicans in control of the Senate.
I think he will be just fine in regards to the stocks, and ethic complaints seem to fall in favor of the majority as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back