COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Celts should appear to have "nordic genes"?? If they are CELTIC genes, why should they have "nordic"ones????.....
We are talking about specific genes here, not general maps of who are Celtic and who are Norsemen, the genes don't necessarily travel with those groups, they can come in later, or earlier than the migrations of those groups, and also get lost during migrations.

I'm suggesting that protection is given by a gene or group of genes that have travelled with those for blond hair. So although the haplogroup I1 map I linked to above is a fairly close match, it doesn't include the Celtic area of Turkey, while Turkey does have a lot of blond hair, that is where Boris Johnson is thought to have got his blond hair, within the green area on your map, and Turkey happens to currently have infected and death figures almost identical to Denmark. If I try to match it to red hair, it doesn't work, that is a completely different distribution, despite being a characteristic of the the Celts, and also the south Norwegian Vikings, although I see in Kamkar's cider image above, some Danes are also red headed. Genetics is very complicated, but death rate and Blond hair match up rather well, and better than your map of the celts!

...include the Celtic area of Turkey, while Turkey does have a lot of blond hair, that is where Boris Johnson is thought to have got his blond hair,....

... Genetics is very complicated, but death rate and Blond hair match up rather well, and better than your map of the celts!

Seems like the celts in turkey have nothing to do with boris johnson's hair

"...Johnson's paternal great-grandfather was Circassian-Turkish journalist Ali Kemal[570][571][572] who was a secular Muslim; his father's other ancestry includes English, German and French; one of his German ancestors was said to be the illegitimate daughter of Prince Paul of Württemberg and thus a descendant of King George II of Great Britain.[573] This would make him and Elizabeth II6th cousins twice removed. Through Mary of Teck's connection to Frederick II Eugene, Duke of Württemberg they would in that case also have a closer genealogical link as 5th cousins twice removed. Johnson's mother is the granddaughter of Elias Avery Lowe, a palaeographer, who was a Russian Jewish immigrant to the US,[574] and Pennsylvania-born Helen Tracy Lowe-Porter, a translator of Thomas Mann..."

"but death rate and Blond hair match up rather well,"
Ah, it's a trichologist analys.
That's why there are like 75% male deaths. Most of women dyed their hair blond.

Genetics is very complicated: yes. But hair color/coronavirus is a new untested fields.
Not dna, simple hair color.

Prince Charles you now, Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, despite sounding rather nordic tested positive BUT has not blond hair....

Allow me to come with something that can not be disputed, well i hope so at least, it is from the Danish media so . :cautious:

Today's Danish numbers:

Total tested: 14,870
Total infected: 1715
In hospital: 350
In ICU: 87
On ventilator: 78
Total dead: 34 ( +2 over the past 2 days )

If these numbers keep up, we Danes are lucky or doing something right,,,,,,, i am inclined to think lucky.

2503graph.jpg

Genetics is very complicated, but death rate and Blond hair match up rather well, and better than your map of the celts!
Hopefully the death rate does not get confused when seeing white hair and thinking it is blonde.

US case graph VS the Danish one, i think in the US the corona related stuff have been left to NASA.

DKgraph.jpgUS graph.jpg

US case graph VS the Danish one, i think in the US the corona related stuff have been left to NASA.

View attachment 51062View attachment 51063
Denmark is on a different path to USA, Trump wants it over in 3 weeks, forget about overloading the hospitals!

Yeah he seem very optimistic for his country, i do not share that optimism i am afraid.
I remember looking at the corona map just a week ago, and in the US there was a handful of little dots, now it look like someone emptied a pump gun at the US map :(

Maybe cuz i found a letter from the tax man in my mailbox today, seem like i owe 12 GBP in back taxes.

Several days ago (Saturday) I mentioned the work of Ed Yong, the long time staff science writer for The Atlantic. Many have been anticipating his latest commentary on the COVID-19 pandemic. Here it is. It is a well researched, thoughtful, fascinating and frightening read that in the end offers hope for the future. It is lengthy but well worth your time.

How the Pandemic Will End - The U.S. may end up with the worst Covid-19 outbreak in the industrialized world. This is how it’s going to play out.

A state representative sent this message this morning:

90704619_842958019553358_999154000303489024_n.jpg

Please keep this in mind.

Last edited:
Several years ago, I read a fascinating article about a group of researchers who were studying common everyday objects for microbial contamination as part of a wider effort to reduce hospital born infections. In their findings gas station pump handles were one of the worst sources of contamination. Other similar ones were shopping cart handles, credit card reader keypads and stili, doorknobs, kitchen and bathroom faucets, computer keyboards, TV remote controls, car dashboards, touchscreens, etc.

Much of this is self evident but there were some unexpected findings like neckties. How many of us have been to a doctors office or hospital where a physician is wearing a white coat and wearing a necktie on his nicely pressed shirt? How many of us have worn a necktie and straightened, tightened, loosened or adjusted it periodically at some points during the day. How many of us have cleaned or disinfected our neckties...ever? Think about that next time you see a doctor making the rounds in a clinic or hospital wearing a necktie. Ask them about this topic.

Door mats were one of the worst sources of microbial contamination in any building whether it is a residence, business or hospital. Door mats were magnets and growth environments for microbes. Every time you walk into a building after stepping on a doormat you carry all kind of microbes into the building and the area near the entrance is usually the most contaminated in any building.

Finally, (and this is a BIG one in these days of COVID-19) is restroom electric hand dryers. They should be avoided at all costs. In fact, with what is going on right now they should be disabled! A study from the University of Leeds in the United Kingdom found that the amount of bacteria nearby and in the air around hand dryers is 27 times higher than the amount when paper towels are used instead. This is especially true of the high velocity jet hand dryers that have become so popular in many public restrooms. They blow nearly five times more bacteria around the entire restroom than around basic hot-air hand dryers. You don't even need to be anywhere near someone using an electric hand dryer to get contaminated by viral particles in the air you breathe.

See: Restroom Hand Dryers May Spread More Germs - Bacteria counts in the air around the machines far exceeded those around paper dispensers

The Dirty Truth About Hand Dryers

Wash your hands and dry them with paper towels instead of using the electric dryer!

dryercontaminate.jpg

Last edited:
Finally, (and this is a BIG one in these days of COVID-19) is restroom electric hand dryers.
I rarely use them anyway unless it is particularly cold outside, hands are built with an internal heating system and dry pretty fast without any assistance! Just shake most of the water off and leave it at that.

I rarely use them anyway unless it is particularly cold outside, hands are built with an internal heating system and dry pretty fast without any assistance! Just shake most of the water off and leave it at that.

I haven't used them for years either, ever since learning of this study six years ago. Shaking water off your hands tends to spread germs around though and touching anything with wet hands, such as the door handle when you are leaving a public restroom is also rather unwise.

I haven't used them for years either, ever since learning of this study six years ago. Shaking water off your hands tends to spread germs around though and touching anything with wet hands, such as the door handle when you are leaving a public restroom is also rather unwise.
Shake the water into the sink where the germs get flushed away!

Not sure about the door handle, I would have thought you would pick up less if your hands were wet, although it might aid what was already there to survive longer. If possible I always use my foot to open the door on the way out, although some designs make that difficult.

Hand dryer in public toilets
Shake the water into the sink where the germs get flushed away!

Not sure about the door handle, I would have thought you would pick up less if your hands were wet, although it might aid what was already there to survive longer. If possible I always use my foot to open the door on the way out, although some designs make that difficult.

Well, if the door happens to be closed and your foot technique won't work I hope for your sake that if you touched the bathroom door handle with wet hands that some poor Italian or other person of Mediterranean heritage wasn't there just before you! ;) Hope too that your aim into the sink was as precision and perfect as you seem to think it is. Hey what's a few germs splashed here and there onto the faucet handles as long as you're leaving the room anyway? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hand dryer in public toilets

Well, if the door happens to closed and your foot technique won;t work I hope for your sake that if you touched the bathroom door handle or with wet hands that some poor Italian or other person of Mediterranean heritage wasn't there just before you! ;) Hope too that your aim into the sink was as precision and perfect as you seem to think it is. Hey what's a few germs splashed here and there onto the faucet handles as long as you're leaving the room anyway? :rolleyes:
Your supposed to wash the germs off your hands before leaving, so germs on the faucet handles don't matter, assuming they are automatic turn off as they almost always are here, then you can't leave germs on the door handle either. But I don't understand why you think you are more likely to pick up germs on wet hands than dry hands, I would expect it to be the other way around, any studies to show the truth?

If paper towels are available after drying your hands off use the paper towel to open the door knob then dispose of the paper towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back