COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need, when we see the daily new cases dropping, the restrictions can be relaxed, a little at a time, so that the hospitals stay reasonably busy.
If you change the testing then it is hard to judge when it is time to relax the restrictions, everyone complained when the Chinese did that!

Most of the European countries have now levelled off on daily new cases, so we may already be at the peak, and less restrictions will be needed soon...,,

Those “new cases” depends too much upon how many tests being done. And no countries have really done mass testing.

Those “new cases” depends too much upon how many tests being done. And no countries have really done mass testing.
True, but as long as you are consistent with the testing, it is only the shape of the curve that matters, not the quantity.

I tried to watch the 18:30 news, but my temperament today would not allow that so had to abandon the stream after a few minutes.
Instead i stuck a camera out my kitchen window, set it to ISO 400 and a 20 second exposure every 30 seconds, will let that one run until tomorrow.
Hope it will make a nice night sky 4K time lapse.

True, but as long as you are consistent with the testing, it is only the shape of the curve that matters, not the quantity.

No, it depends if the sample tested represent correctly the population.

If they did A LOT then you might be rather confident your tests, represent somehow it.
IMHO they are just rushing to do them (tests), they are too few and scattered around.Cases capita.jpg

Mar.26 -- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that the state suffered 100 more fatalities as hospitals brace for a continued increase in the number of coronavirus cases. Cuomo spoke at a press conference on Thursday.

N.Y. has many people who have been on ventilators for 20-30 days. Many of those on such long term ventilator support are not expected to survive.

This may be the first time many people would be jealous of the boy in the bubble.
He can not catch this virus because that bubble he must live in keeps the entire outside world away.

I did not think I would ever see gas prices this close to what we paid in the 1990's.
I still remember when gas was over $4.00 a gallon.

Snap 2020-03-26 at 21.24.50.png

Last edited:
I thought seeing $2.50 was cheap o_O I wonder how low it will go.

If I recall correctly in the 90's gas was $0.50 a gallon and gas taxes were about the same making us pay $1.00 for gas.
I believe gas taxes have increased since then. I do not know how much.
Since many people around the globe are staying home they are not using much gas.
Thus the price drops.

All eyes on USA now We’re in 1st place :hungover:

Attachments

• 48E9E667-F789-4832-B383-C89C8C35317A.jpeg
    48E9E667-F789-4832-B383-C89C8C35317A.jpeg
    420.9 KB · Views: 9
In the 90ties i would have killed for cheap 4 USD/gal gasoline.

Just kidding in the 90ties 1 L ( just about 1/4 GAL ) was 1 USD here ( in today's USD exchange rate )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back