COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, maybe a huge fall in use of A&E means that there are now lots of people about with broken arms, legs, skulls, etc. :unsure:

Or maybe people are not having car/train/plane crashes because there has been a huge drop in travel, sport, etc.? :geek:

Of course, people still have strokes, heart attacks, COPD, sepsis, gall bladder disease, kidney failure, appendicitis, food poisoning, etc., etc., etc. - all avoiding the hospitals due to COVID-19!

"Doctors believe the unprecedented fall in A&E attendances is the result of many people being scared of going to a hospital in case they became infected, perhaps as a result of being admitted."

Your denial in the face of the obvious harsh realities your country is facing are really laughable at this point. :LOL:

I am pretty sure now, some Danes will stay at home, even if they have a birth mark that is growing and changing color, or can feel a lump growing in some place.
At least they have said in the news again and again that people should not stay home with stuff like that, and the hospitals are still there for the critical ill.
CUZ the Danish numbers of people going to the emergency room and own doctor have dropped off a lot and right from day #1
I assume its the same with the bloody polite British people, i know it is insane people can be that stupid, but some are,,,, even before corona.

My own father nearly choked to death a year or two ago from a boil in the throat, only cuz of a visitor called a ambulance did that not happen, apparently my old man will rather choke to death slowly than bother anyone.
I dont like doctors or hospitals either, and i do say i am not going there unless i am bleeding badly, so i am probably also the kind of guy that will turn up way too late with my cancer or whatever.

TBH it is a bit funny as going to a doctor or the hospital dont cost a dime here, so you would think Danes was there all the time, but even with confirmed hypochondriacs we are the same level as everyone else.

Last edited:
BTW last week 34 out of 98 Danish municipalities had not reported a single case in a week, 8 of them have not reported a singe case ever.

BTW last week 34 out of 98 Danish municipalities had not reported a single case in a week, 8 of them have not reported a singe case ever.
Time to remove all restrictions then?
Since you have enhanced your test, track and trace.

Not sure how many cases in my area, but there were no deaths today. For some reason they have just started building a field hospital, while down at the beach they are trying to work out how to safely reopen the public toilets since Boris has now reopened the beaches for sunbathing and watersports. I assume the field hospital is so that covid patients can be moved out of the main hospital and the main hospital can go back to normal, but there are quite a few field hospitals around the UK now, and only 2 with any patients, both nearly empty.

Yes. it seem like phase 3 openings pegged for July 12 will be moved up, and maybe expanded on, our glorious leaders will haggle over this the next 2 days.
On the Faeroe islands their professional football league are under way, as the first pro league in Europe

Maybe you will swop to local restrictions when there is an outbreak somewhere, rather than national restrictions for everybody, seems to be what is planned for here in a month or so once the app and more testing is in place.

Too bad Dolph the hippo are no longer here, he would fix this little corona issue in his own unique way.

Good to see that he sticks to social distancing rules, each household on its own hill when in the park enjoying the sun:

If someone really needs a hospital visit they will go there. What is missibg is what we in the USA call "The Bandaid Brigade": people with injuries needing only minor home treatments, or with non-emergency issues they could set up a Doctor's appointment for, but who go to the hospital instead. As much as I respect our Medical Heroes, they and I both know that hospitals are chock-full of diseases and infections in high concentrations- not the kind of place you want to go lounge around at. I recieved ashort training course about this when I was working Emergency Communications for a local hospital where I learned their infection-avoidance protocols including proper mask usage. Using a mask correctly is childs-play level knowledge, and we were told to use them if we responded to any communicable diease outbreak where our presence was needed. Further they said that at times it would be required of us as well as all of them. This is one of those times. I doubt they would recommend masks if they were not at last somewhat effective, and there';s some studies and a lot of empirical evidence backing this. For the life of me I can't see where a person could believe themselves to be intelligent and to still not clearly see that universal mask usage us beneficial, even when considering lesser home-made masks. Perhaps they clash aesthetically with their tin hats.

My info on this comes directly and indirectly through trustworthy sources from local and regional hospitals, and one of the largest ones in the State Capitol. They also inform me that they're seeing more open hospital beds than they can remember seeing before because elective procedures have been put off to allow room for Covid-19 patients who have not been admitted in the numbers expected. We have plenty of beds ready for the expected spike in cases which they expect from the premature loosening of social restrictions.

So here anyway, everything is OK even if not exactly 'normal' and nobody who needs medical care lacks that any more than in normal times.

Phil

Here you pretty much cant go to the emergency room ( in none virus times ) ideally you will be referred to that from your own doctor, or outside doctors opening hours the phone doctor.
I am like WTF why have a emergency room, at least call it something else.

BTW the phone doctors do house calls too, and they drive around in a taxi,,,,,, on my taxpayer dime,,,, why the hell cant he drive a cheap little car him self, taxa are quite expensive too here.
One of those guys in 2 - 3 days of work driving around in a taxi, he make more that i made in a month even in the best paid jobs,,,,,,,,, IMW that's a outrage, he may have a 6 year education, well i have 6 years of education too, not in repairing people but i still used as much time educating myself, but still BS if you ask me.

For the life of me I can't see where a person could believe themselves to be intelligent and to still not clearly see that universal mask usage us beneficial, even when considering lesser home-made masks. Perhaps they clash aesthetically with their tin hats.

Now that they're open again a business required me to wear a mask to enter their store. LIBERTY IS RUINED FOREVER! :wacky:

They've always had a sign on the door that says - No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service but for some odd reason that's never bothered anyone before. :confused:

Denmark have a masking ban, meaning you cant go around with a mask on disguising yourself, really not even if you are a Muslim woman.
But the law seemingly only apply to protestors and bank robbers, in the 3 - 4 years it have been in place less than 10 Muslim women have been fined or arrested.
also a immigrant gang called LTF ( Loyal To Familial ) got outlawed, so they changed their tag to just F, so now its illegal to wear a cap with a F on it.

dcx-71747804-20190802072300

The side of cultural enrichment that barely get mentioned.
Some real nice boys they are :p

How does a parent grade this answer? A parent posted this actual, not made up, not faked, not made to get attention online-answer asking that exact question.

97043257_10158398040040948_8359832797153591296_o.jpg

Jeff Dunham may end up with a lot more competition these days.
tumblr_c338892db68f747cb5c506f80b29433f_9f39eb5b_1280.jpg

96509459_237030134383860_4508154715065810944_n.jpg

Busy day for Trump!

Trump commences Operation Warp Speed, to develop a USA exclusive vaccine!

German ministers have reacted angrily following reports US president Donald Trump offered a German medical company “large sums of money” for exclusive rights to a Covid-19 vaccine.

“Germany is not for sale,” economy minister Peter Altmaier told broadcaster ARD, reacting to a front page report in Welt am Sonntag newspaper headlined “Trump vs Berlin”.

The newspaper reported Trump offered $1bn to Tübingen-based biopharmaceutical company CureVac to secure the vaccine “only for the United States”.

Unlike Britain, China, Canada, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Japan, numerous African countries, the World Health Organization (WHO), the Gates Foundation and the European commission, the United States did not send representation last week to a virtual global summit that raised more than $8bn for the coronavirus vaccine.

Instead, Trump – who for years has spread dangerous lies about vaccination – has appointed venture capitalist Moncef Slaoui to lead the effort alongside four-star Army General Gustave Perna to lead what looks like a unilateral push for a vaccine that the administration has dubbed “Operation Warp Speed”.

Trump talking about Operation Warp Speed compared it to the Manhattan Project, the US government project which produced the first atomic bombs.

They’d better come up with a good vaccine, because we’re ready to deliver it,” Trump said.

Trump prepares for trade wars with former international partners:

US President Donald Trump has sparked uncertainty and confusion for Australian defence companies after threatening to end offshore manufacturing for parts of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program.

Australia is among several international partners that contribute to the massive international global military program, which is run by American defence giant Lockheed Martin.

But Mr Trump has suggested the United States may pull back the international supply chains and do all the work domestically instead.

"It's a certain fighter jet, I won't tell you which, but it happens to be the F-35.

"We make parts for this jet all over the world, we make them in Turkey, we make them here, we make them there. The problem is if we have a problem with a country, you can't make the jet.

"We get parts from all over the place, it's so crazy. We should make everything in the United States. We're doing it because I'm changing all those policies."

International Reaction
“When the cards are down, you see who your friends are,” said Ontario premier Doug Ford, “And I think it’s been very clear over the last couple of days who our friends are.”

Trump announces "Super Duper Missile"
We have developed some of the most incredible weapons anyone's ever seen. And it's moving along very rapidly."
Trump teased what he called a new weapon that could attack at such a high speed it would overwhelm an enemy's defenses.
"We have, I call it the Super Duper Missile. And I heard the other night [it's] 17 times faster than what they have right now," Trump said.

Manhattan Project - USA didn't do that in isolation using nothing but its own research!

Last edited:
For the first time since day #1 have there been 0 new cases reported in Denmark. :cool:

That misile are indeed super duper if it is 17 X the fastest one out there, which i sadly think are a Russian missile, it should be Danish but it is not.

BTW of the Danish financial aid to companies, a whooping 261 million go to a group of companies who is owned out of tax havens and dont pay a dime in tax in Denmark.
I dont know why the are here at all, clearly my country are very sick, and long before the virus from China.

Such things just register with me as gut wrenching embarrassments.

Dog found infected with Covid 19 ..
So , cats and dogs can be infected with Covid 19 ...

Hmmm , interesting !
So the question begs !
What about fleas ? Mosquito's , can they spread the virus .
Cross species infection ! - Seems like the real deal , and adds more variables !
Also that all important human variable , people are capable of serious stupidity and as cam owners = Something we are sorely aware off !

So how far into the genetic structure ( other animals ) can Covid 19 make headway into ?

What about fleas ?
It spreads through throat / lung infections. Fleas and mosquitoes don't have throats and lungs, and even if a mosquito was to transfer it between humans through blood, it wouldn't then be in the lungs so it is not clear that it would spread further.

Dogs don't seem to be good at catching it, and although cats do seem to catch it easily, they are good at social distancing with other cats, so it is only when cats have multiple human friends that there may be an issue with spreading the disease - no feeding your neighbours cats!

It is a bat virus, designed to spread through large colonies of animals with poor social distancing, and probably needs mammals of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back