COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember that even the high death toll in italy is under reported, nursin home for elderly are having very high death rate.
I imagine that is going to happen everywhere, and there is really nothing that can be done about it.

They will get counted once we get a figure for the number of excess deaths for the year, although these are people that were quite likely to die of flu anyway in the next year or two, so the excess for the year may not be that high and we will be back to normal numbers in a couple of years. They did sort of die of old age rather than Covid-19.

Thats bad Mmkay !

I do hope on the other side of this there will be medals for doctors and nurses,,,,,, and questions to others.

OMG! I live way out in the middle of nowhere in a sparsely populated rural area. Today we got a little break from late winter weather as it was a nice mild spring-like day. About a half hour ago, I saw a couple walking past my house, out for an evening walk. I was in my barn bringing some firewood in for the evening as it's about to turn really cold again tonight and I didn't really get a good look at them as they walked by with their backs to me out in the road. They weren't neighbors I immediately recognized. Maybe they're visiting someone nearby for the weekend?

People come by my place all the time, walking, jogging, on bicycle and on horseback. So, just now I saw them walking past my house again on their way back down the hill on their return back to wherever they started their little journey. They were both wearing surgical masks!! I couldn't believe it!

It's at least a third of a mile or more between my place and any other house in any direction and there's not another living soul they would have come into direct contact with for miles in any direction other than a few random cars or trucks on their way home from work. It's just fields and forest out here.

Freaked me out! I hope this isn't some indication about how weird things are going to get. With what has been going on there's been some sense of comfort and safety in living out in an environment like this, at a time like this.

Last edited:
Freaked me out! I hope this isn't some indication about how weird things are going to get. With what has been going on there's been some sense of comfort and safety in living out in an environment like this, at a time like this.
you're not in the thick of it but plenty of crazy sights every day if you get into any city right now, common sense isn't common at all it seems :eek:

you're not in the thick of it but plenty of crazy sights every day if you get into any city right now, common sense isn't common at all it seems :eek:

I can imagine. I see a little of that when I make my rounds in town but all in all most people seem quite rational. But this? It's wild! Hope it doesn't portend bad things to come. The US had a big jump in cases today but there are none reported in my area so far.

Last edited:
OMG! I live way out in the middle of nowhere in a sparsely populated rural area. Today we got a little break from late winter weather as it was a nice mild spring-like day. About a half hour ago, I saw a couple walking past my house, out for an evening walk. I was in my barn bringing some firewood in for the evening as it's about to turn really cold again tonight and I didn't really get a good look at them as they walked by with their backs to me out in the road. They weren't neighbors I immediately recognized. Maybe they're visiting someone nearby for the weekend?

People come by my place all the time, walking, jogging, on bicycle and on horseback. So, just now I saw them walking past my house again on their way back down the hill on their return back to wherever they started their little journey. They were both wearing surgical masks!! I couldn't believe it!

It's at least a third of a mile or more between my place and any other house in any direction and there's not another living soul they would have come into direct contact with for miles in any direction other than a few random cars or trucks on their way home from work. It's just fields and forest out here.

Maybe they were looking for some toilet paper...:unsure:

Maybe they were looking for some toilet paper...:unsure:

Hah! No toilet paper out this way. :)

The thing of it was that they looked just like any other couple out for a stroll on a nice evening, chatting and stopping briefly to look and point at different mountain peaks and features out in the 100 mile vista from the road out in front of my place. Except for the surgical masks!

Last edited:
I have a friend who often corrects me. He says it's not common sense, because it's not common. It's good sense and few have it.

Danish doctors PSA
5116b077-f1ea-4ea0-8486-1c609c358681.jpg

Tomorrow I'm moving out into the hills in hopes of the isolation offering me better protection :cool: I did my last trip to the local grocery store today after work to get a few things, and same as it's been the shelves are bare of all disinfectants, TP, paper towels, breads, meats, rice and similar staples, and just about anything easily cooked which stores well. Around here pre-packaged "Ramen noodles" are normally considered the lowest form of food, bought only by the very poorest who cannot afford anything else. I'm given to understand that they're better in many other parts of the world but from experience ours are pretty nasty even if they will keep you alive. It's almost funny that the shelves are bare of these too, but it points out how serious this has become when people are buying them because nothing better can be had :cautious: Canned goods are more available, the rest is about the same. There is enough food, but you probably won't find exactly what you want.

The virus is rising in my State along the expected curve- about 33% daily overall with the 'hotspots' being worse. Locally it's about doubling daily; again this follows what has happened in most places at this early point of infection. So I expect what is coming next here where I am now to be doubling daily for the next few days until it becomes another 'hotspot' , and then those numbers will become very significant :( I feel sad and concerned for those I'm leaving behind but I can't help them now. Two more States are implementing 'lockdowns' to varying degrees- nothing total but essentially nobody may leave their property unless there's an overriding reason to do so, and should stay inside as much as possible. I think it's safe to say that this is soon going to happen here in SC, and in almost all the other States too as the infection rates rise rapidly. If people will obey these restrictions and do what they can to avoid spreading this disease voluntarily then this may be the extent of the restrictions, but if that doesn't happen then I expect we will all eventually find ourselves ordered to stay entirely inside our homes as has been done in Italy. So sad to see pictures and vids from NYC and other places where people are not doing this- it is those people who will be to blame if further restrictions become necessary :mad: As I've gone outside to smoke my awful cigarettes I've noticed there's an eerie stillness, especially for a Friday night when people are usually out visiting, going to bars, shopping, and spending their paycheck but not tonight- the last time I've seen things this quiet was 9/12/01 and it's flat-out spooky. Absolutely nobody is out there tonight, not one single soul :eek:

There are more and more reports forthcoming about the airborne transmission rates probably being higher than previously thought, and that N95 masks are probably useful for protection even if they're not fully effective. When something is this virulent then any help you can get becomes significant. But even if they are effective, if they are not used and removed correctly whatever benefit they may have is cancelled out- same with gloves- so if you choose to use these things then please find out how to use and remove them correctly so they're not being wasted. Tools used properly can be a godsend, tools used improperly are more of a threat to you than a help ;)

I'll likely be missing from DCT for at least a couple days as I resettle, and maybe longer according to how I'm able to access the internet from up there. I plan to drive down to the nearest city and park outside some of the places which offer free wifi if I get too severe a case of internet withdrawal :LOL: but that can't happen if we get a lockdown order :unsure: If I'm stuck with using the dial-up connection only I'll try to drop in as best I can.

Best wishes to all my friends here- please stay safe so we can hopefully get back to mostly discussing dashcams again soon

Phil

If I'm stuck with using the dial-up connection only I'll try to drop in as best I can.
You can still use modems? I assumed they didn't exist any more!

Try to enjoy your holiday, and be careful when you get back; even after the infection rate has dropped right down, there will still be a few about for many months, spread throughout the population and probably not taking much care since nearly everyone will be immune so there won't be much risk of spreading it to friends/family.

Google translate of an italian newspaper on how a hospital was overrun and how they coped with the situation.
Since then things have gotten worse, ambulance may need 2 hours to reach homes and paramedics might suggest older patients with small injuries not to go to the hospital due to the risk of being infected.

Tomorrow I'm moving out into the hills in hopes of the isolation offering me better protection :cool: I did my last trip to the local grocery store today after work to get a few things, and same as it's been the shelves are bare of all disinfectants, TP, paper towels, breads, meats, rice and similar staples, and just about anything easily cooked which stores well. Around here pre-packaged "Ramen noodles" are normally considered the lowest form of food, bought only by the very poorest who cannot afford anything else. I'm given to understand that they're better in many other parts of the world but from experience ours are pretty nasty even if they will keep you alive. It's almost funny that the shelves are bare of these too, but it points out how serious this has become when people are buying them because nothing better can be had :cautious: Canned goods are more available, the rest is about the same. There is enough food, but you probably won't find exactly what you want.

The virus is rising in my State along the expected curve- about 33% daily overall with the 'hotspots' being worse. Locally it's about doubling daily; again this follows what has happened in most places at this early point of infection. So I expect what is coming next here where I am now to be doubling daily for the next few days until it becomes another 'hotspot' , and then those numbers will become very significant :( I feel sad and concerned for those I'm leaving behind but I can't help them now. Two more States are implementing 'lockdowns' to varying degrees- nothing total but essentially nobody may leave their property unless there's an overriding reason to do so, and should stay inside as much as possible. I think it's safe to say that this is soon going to happen here in SC, and in almost all the other States too as the infection rates rise rapidly. If people will obey these restrictions and do what they can to avoid spreading this disease voluntarily then this may be the extent of the restrictions, but if that doesn't happen then I expect we will all eventually find ourselves ordered to stay entirely inside our homes as has been done in Italy. So sad to see pictures and vids from NYC and other places where people are not doing this- it is those people who will be to blame if further restrictions become necessary :mad: As I've gone outside to smoke my awful cigarettes I've noticed there's an eerie stillness, especially for a Friday night when people are usually out visiting, going to bars, shopping, and spending their paycheck but not tonight- the last time I've seen things this quiet was 9/12/01 and it's flat-out spooky. Absolutely nobody is out there tonight, not one single soul :eek:

There are more and more reports forthcoming about the airborne transmission rates probably being higher than previously thought, and that N95 masks are probably useful for protection even if they're not fully effective. When something is this virulent then any help you can get becomes significant. But even if they are effective, if they are not used and removed correctly whatever benefit they may have is cancelled out- same with gloves- so if you choose to use these things then please find out how to use and remove them correctly so they're not being wasted. Tools used properly can be a godsend, tools used improperly are more of a threat to you than a help ;)

I'll likely be missing from DCT for at least a couple days as I resettle, and maybe longer according to how I'm able to access the internet from up there. I plan to drive down to the nearest city and park outside some of the places which offer free wifi if I get too severe a case of internet withdrawal :LOL: but that can't happen if we get a lockdown order :unsure: If I'm stuck with using the dial-up connection only I'll try to drop in as best I can.

Best wishes to all my friends here- please stay safe so we can hopefully get back to mostly discussing dashcams again soon

Phil
Stay safe Phil and if I can help just PM me and I will try to gather up what I can for you.

Stay safe Phil and if I can help just PM me and I will try to gather up what I can for you.
Thanks my friend (y) Signing off- time for me to become a hillbilly again :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Just don't go "Deliverance" mental up in them hills Phil :)

Today's Danish numbers.

Total tested: 11,657
Testes positive: 1326
In hospital: 206
In ICU: 42
On ventilator: 35
Total dead: 13

23 people have been fined today for breaking the assembly law, and the owner of the water pipe cafe too, for the people its a 1500 DKKr fine each ( like running a red light )
The owner of the water pipe cafe get a 5000 DKkr fine as i recall.
I can also hear kids run around outside in the sunshine, probably on the school across the street,,,,,, this is not supposed to happen ( poor parenting )
I am visiting my sister today to get fed, and to give her the spare key to my car, cuz if i come down with anything she will have to take care of both our parents, and to do that she will need a car.

Today Spain have reported in +300 dead,,,,,,, that's a not nice at all number for 24 hours, they are probably heading the same way as Italy :(

At the lakes in Copenhagen where people like to walk ASO, well it have been made 1 way for pedestrians, and do people get it.
b682be58-109a-4016-b472-f092aab0a999

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back