COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to follow your theory, wuhan was cooler than london this January/February and Northern italy was also cooler than Wuhan.
Genetic map of Europe does not seem to give any clue.
The only difference seen so far (studied made in China) seems to be related to blood type A: those (seems) to be more susceptible to those with type O.
In northern Italy there are more people with Blood type A than China -as well as other EU country (but despite on national level O type is more common, Northern Italy has more type A than O ).

IMHO too early to draw any conclusions.

Today's Danish numbers.

Total tested: 12,351
Total infected: 1395
In hospital: 232
In ICU: 46
On ventilator: 40
Total dead: 13 ( again today so that's nice )

The Danish tactic are changing again, WHO have long recommended that the countries test as many as possible, something Denmark have not done, and have been criticized for.
So now the daily number of tested people should ramp up to 3000, but this seem strange when there are talks of the number of available tests are low.

As i recall i have the rare blood type, AB negative i think its called, only 11% of Danes have it.

And i am not sharing it with anyone,,,,, its mine ALL MINE i tell ya.

WHO have long recommended that the countries test as many as possible,
That is on the basis that the WHO want to kill the virus off like China has done by chasing every case, rather than let it spread and develop immunity like most countries are doing. If you are not currently trying to wipe it out then the additional testing isn't much use other than to give a better understanding of the spread. Given the number infected now there is no way that every infection can be traced forward and backwards to halt it. In a few weeks time when the infections start to slow down then it will get much easier, but we are not there yet.

It would be nice to know the real number of infections by taking a random sample, then we would know how long until we reach the peak and things start getting better, I guess that is what the Danish government is doing, and not complying with the WHO. None of the western nations are doing what the WHO recommends.

In China i would not be surprised if you put a 0 behind their numbers and it would be more accurate.
In the great perspective 30,000 dead are not much in China, and a number they could easy sweep in under the rug, along with a "maybe" number of infected of 800,000.

I don't have much faith when my own government dish out numbers for anything, so numbers coming out of countries like China - N Korea - Russia ASO i am even more reluctant to believe.
But with this like pointing fingers, it is always more easy to point at other people.

But here it is pretty sure that if they plan to say build a new bridge and its projected cost are 1.2 billion DKkr and build time are 3 years, you can be sure the end price will more likely be near 2 billion DKkr and the build time will be more like 5 years.
I can not find a single example to the contrary.

So much so that if Danes was supposed to build the Hoover dam,,,,,,, they would still be demanding dollars and still be building on it. :cautious:

Last edited:
That is on the basis that the WHO want to kill the virus off like China has done by chasing every case, rather than let it spread and develop immunity like most countries are doing. If you are not currently trying to wipe it out then the additional testing isn't much use other than to give a better understanding of the spread. Given the number infected now there is no way that every infection can be traced forward and backwards to halt it. In a few weeks time when the infections start to slow down then it will get much easier, but we are not there yet.

It would be nice to know the real number of infections by taking a random sample, then we would know how long until we reach the peak and things start getting better, I guess that is what the Danish government is doing, and not complying with the WHO. None of the western nations are doing what the WHO recommends.

There is not such a thing like either CHINA way oR herd immunity.
There is also S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong ways.
And it seems working.
Maybe also Japan way.

Last edited:
In China i would not be surprised if you put a 0 behind their numbers and it would be more accurate.
If you put a 0 behind a 0, it doesn't make much difference ;)

They will soon be found out if they are wrong, they can't relax restrictions much without infections building up again, and they couldn't hide that.

Germany just put new restrictions up on assembling, now its 2 persons MAX

Meanwhile in Sweden today.

f9f673de-9394-48db-bc48-fb2fe52eaf32.jpg

9fd9ea61-23ae-41e7-ba5e-b2e2bbdb4338.jpg

49febdec-55b8-4f3a-b81c-0a6fd0e54f4f.jpg

Meanwhile in Sweden today.
Well, they don't really have a problem, 21 dead is not a big number, and they are typically 95 years old with underlying health conditions, so may have been dying anyway.

Also note that their daily cases are not increasing, so they are not even heading for problems, which Denmark possibly is if it doesn't increase restrictions a little more, although Denmark doesn't appear to have much of a problem either, the latest daily increase is lower than previous.

Don't want to run things too slowly!

The image of Sweden was how America looked in Feb. Reminds me of this Katy Perry song.

That Katy chick is something else. :p
And she are both selling and wearing vinyl.

At least the ferry's to Sweden have stopped, and the bridge / tunnel i assume are fast to block when droves of Swedish zombies start to head towards Denmark for help in a few months.
I am wondering where they will get their drugs from soon, as i understand it Denmark are most often a transit country for drugs to Sweden and Norway, and probably whey they come here to shoot one and other.

The image of Sweden was how America looked in Feb. Reminds me of this Katy Perry song.
Sweden is further into the epidemic than USA, not behind.

True we Danes have trailed them in the statistics for a while / always, but lets see, with this time will tell.

I think you are nearly a week ahead of them, just that they have twice the population.

Neighboring town here in California is doing testing to anyone with symptoms without needing a referral from a doctor. First time I heard of this route. They're only doing 350 a day though.

March 22, 2020

HAYWARD, Calif., March 22, 2020—On Monday, the City of Hayward will open a testing facility so sick people, first responders, and health-care workers with recent suspected exposures to the novel coronavirus can be tested for infection.

People who present themselves for testing will first go through a two-step screening process for COVID-19 disease before being administered a test, which involves swabbing of the nasal cavities and back of the throat.

To be tested, people will be screened for illness, which includes fever, cough and/or shortness of breath, and/or other respiratory symptoms.

No referral from a medical doctor is required to be screened. Results can be available in as little as six hours or the next day in most cases.

The Center is outfitted with enough kits to test up to 350 people a day—and the Hayward Fire Department and Avellino are working with other Bay Area communities to help open additional testing sites elsewhere in the region.

Solvang will be fine :)

Solvang will be fine :)
I wonder what percentage of Danish blood is still in the population? Most places change very slowly, don't know about USA...

Seem to be a lot of Finns and Swedish over there too in some parts, maybe the proportion is about to increase!

I wonder what percentage of Danish blood is still in the population?

I went to that fake Danish Solvang town with a Danish girl a few years back. She asked every employee we encountered if they had Danish background. We found one old guy who owned the bakery and that was it. He also owned a restaurant. All of the workers were just regular Americans or from Latin America. The workers were happy to see a real Danish person :ROFLMAO:

I think most Scandinavians did not make it as far as CALI, probably settled in a more familiar climate along the route.
The Simpsons went all the way over here to get Grandpa Simpson free medial care. :) you got to visit the real thing, same as i would never go to Disneyland Paris if was inclined to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back