CPL Filter Installation?

djxpress

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a certain way the CPL filter needs to be installed? I know there is a little "clip" at the top and bottom that fit into the lens on the camera. Do I need to rotate the CPL filter or adjust it in any way? Still noticing a little windshield reflection in the videos when I'm in the sun.

I personally like to rotate the lens to dial out the specific areas that have the worst/most distracting glare.
If the glare spans across the windshield, you might not be able to dial it out 100% though

Is there a certain way the CPL filter needs to be installed? I know there is a little "clip" at the top and bottom that fit into the lens on the camera. Do I need to rotate the CPL filter or adjust it in any way? Still noticing a little windshield reflection in the videos when I'm in the sun.
The Viofo CPL comes already adjusted. CPL's won't completely eliminate the reflections.

CPL won't reduce reflections 100%. The tint is balanced just right to not affect night performance. If the CPL was cranked up to reflect even more reflection the video image would be too dark at night

If you did accidentally spin and play around with the location of the preset glass here is how to recalibrate yourself in the future.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/cpl-status.20524/page-23#post-305351

get the CPL by hand and while inside your car and point to windshield just rotate whole CPL mount / plastic to see the diff
if you see that default works when cpl mount in horizontal position than just install it, otherwise rotate the glass to make it work while plastic mount is horzontal
if you will try that on the dashcam you might not see deff on the LCD !!!

To make the reflections more obvious on the LCD, throw a piece of white paper, card, cloth, etc on the dash as the reflections from that will stand out more.

watch my Tips video, clearing explains CPL Filters and how to test them.
VIOFO A119S Dashcam - Tips

CPL won't reduce reflections 100%. The tint is balanced just right to not affect night performance. If the CPL was cranked up to reflect even more reflection the video image would be too dark at night

If you did accidentally spin and play around with the location of the preset glass here is how to recalibrate yourself in the future.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/cpl-status.20524/page-23#post-305351

I was getting Frustrated with all the different posts and different info on how to Adjust the VIOFO CPL filter,but this post by OCD Tronic using the Polarized Sun glasses worked for me,Thank you for this tip.

Back