CPL Status

Hello folks, quick report about the pre production CPL filter.

Tody ive notice that the plastic case of the filter is expanded, now its snuggles on the cam, and unusable.
Also, there is some coloring on the glass, its doesnt come off.

Im using the dvr 24/7 **

Guess it happens because of the heat.
The glass that will be sold with the production unit is different***

Tag- @viofo

a57c4c436090a219fb8fe6819b43ff87.jpg
b80a8cbca5ffff8ac7cc6843efd51939.jpg
ad4b7c14026ad332d4eaf810ff5df3c5.jpg

Oooops!

Back to the drawing board!

Just cancelled my order from yesterday.

Foxoffer very quick to answer messages and have refunded via PayPal 30 minutes after my request. Back to DIY...

Last edited:
It can be related to my dvr?
I have old version, without notches.
Ive did made them by myself with hot screwdriver.

About the glass, its common problem with cpl filters?
I think its between two glasses.

The production unit will use different plastic?

time to get a CPL.
actually 2.
Amazon as a seller preferred.
:)

Will this cpl be pre-adjusted and glued in....or do u have to rotate the round lens to calibrate?....(very hard to do on such a tiny lcd display).

Also, just got a black suede dash cover from CoverKing. Really helped cut back on reflections. Not really a fan of having it on my dash (but much better looking than the black bath towel I had taped on there)

Just have to wait a month to get the CPL.....

Will this cpl be pre-adjusted and glued in....or do u have to rotate the round lens to calibrate?....(very hard to do on such a tiny lcd display).

Also, just got a black suede dash cover from CoverKing. Really helped cut back on reflections. Not really a fan of having it on my dash (but much better looking than the black bath towel I had taped on there)

Just have to wait a month to get the CPL.....
The CPL will be fixed.

And how would one tell which end is top and bottom...so u dont install it upside down...or does it not matter?

it will work the same either way, the design though is to have the larger opening at the top (that will be clear when you see it) so that if in the unlikely event the filter glass did ever come loose it wouldn't fall out

And how would one tell which end is top and bottom...so u dont install it upside down...or does it not matter?

Its only in very rare occasion the video will be down side up.;)

it will work the same either way, the design though is to have the larger opening at the top (that will be clear when you see it) so that if in the unlikely event the filter glass did ever come loose it wouldn't fall out

Cool! that makes it so much easier....don't have to fiddle with it then.

In the mean time...I would recommend a custom dash cover...these are my results

DASH COVER installed- not a CPL.
jRdq5ixzlvXR6.gif

Cool! that makes it so much easier....don't have to fiddle with it then.

In the mean time...I would recommend a custom dash cover...these are my results

DASH COVER installed- not a CPL.
jRdq5ixzlvXR6.gif

a good dashmat can make a world of difference, @Dashmellow has done a bit of extra DIY with his using some black camo paint with very good results

how come it's already available on eBay?!

I ordered a CPL from FoxOffer....as well as a seller on ebay...says from China:

Did you read their description?
"We have two version CPL for A119 dashcam,one is OEM adhesive version,and the other one is Viofo lens cover version:"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G A119 4
Back