CR-500HD - Solutions for annoying blinking LEDs?

jmd494

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just ordered a CR-500HD and my biggest hesitation related to the blinking LEDs, which I think could be annoying during night driving.

I was planning to simply put black tape over them if I do find them annoying...but I'd rather find a more elegant solution if possible.

Any suggestions?

Only other solution I can think of is Plastidip if you have any.
I wouldn't permanently spray it with normal paint as you wouldn't be able to remove it easily. With Plastidip, you can just rub/peel it off if you no longer want o hide the lights. Make sure you use masking tape to cover the bits you don't want to spray etc.

I installed mine inline with the rear view Mirror and I see the bottom of the camera slightly I can press any of the buttons and remove the camera but the lights are not that noticeable.

Roberthodgson said:
I installed mine inline with the rear view Mirror and I see the bottom of the camera slightly I can press any of the buttons and remove the camera but the lights are not that noticeable.

By inline, do you mean right behind the mirror (so that the camera is mostly obstructed from the driver's view by the camera)?

when i had mine, i also installed behind the rear view mirror so you can't see the lights. if you want to know if it's recording, mount it a bit lower so you can just about see the camera button flash blue/red etc.

Correct its inline with the mirror I can see the bottom button ever so slightly

Back