Custom firmware BlackVue DR550GW-2CH

Any updates on the firmware fix? My wifi still doesn't work.
today added a custom firmware to upgrade the memory card, it may help in the correction of wifi
http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=585.0

acqnm.png

I only installed up to 1.2 because it seems to be running fine.

Should i install 1.3? is it more stable?

also should i install the older 1.3 or the new 1.3 as above post?

I only installed up to 1.2 because it seems to be running fine.

Should i install 1.3? is it more stable?

also should i install the older 1.3 or the new 1.3 as above post?
1.3 - better
ive tried to register for the site, but cant get past the captcha since it all in russian i presume.
from all over the world are registered, no problems

Have a question regarding the motion detector in parking mode for the latest custom firmware.
As far as i know setting motion detection to 0 in the stock and older firmware didn't disable it but instead it recorded all the time.

Last night i was testing my new setup on my drive way.
The DR550 is just 7 months old but the power Magic Pro i installed is new.
At the moment i have DR550GW_2.002_1.3 Custom firmware running.
And the Power Magic Pro is set to shutdown at 11.8volt or 12hr as i want for a typical working day.
I set the Motion Detection sensitivity to 1 according my knowledge about the 0 setting bug in stock firmware.
At work my car is parked in a busy street and don't want to record everything.

So this test was on my drive way and the car is parked approx 20meters from the road and the nose of my car is pointing on a 90 degrees angle to the road.
Left side of the car is the wall of my house and right side my neighbors car and their house.
Behind the car only my 2meters high fence
This morning i checked the sdcard and noticed it was recording a lot (almost continues).
Only time it didn't record a lot was when it got dark but then it was triggered by passing cars.
The distance from my car to the road is 20meters so even then setting it to 1 triggered the motion detector.
In light and dawn conditions the camera was continues recording in park mode due to over flying birds and passing cats.
It even triggered on the light bulb in the living room of my neighbor across which is approx 30 meters.

Setting it to 1 will mean that it triggers on birds and cats walking by at a distance of approx 20 meters.
So the first test didn't work well and the Power Magic Pro shut it self down after 10hr parking mode as my battery went below 11.8 volts.
In my opinion the motion detector is way to sensitive and the due to the almost continues recording my battery went empty way to fast.
Which makes the parking mode for a day at work useless.
The battery is new and in the summer my car (diesel) will start with just 11.8volts but in colder conditions as today (5 °C / 41 ºF
) it has difficulties so i hold my breath for the winter. ;-)

So to make a long story short.
Does the latest custom firmware have the motion detection fixed meaning setting it to 0 it only records when the g-sensors are triggered.
Or is it still recording continues.

After another day of testing the latest firmware there is something else i found as a possible bug.
But first i want to say setting the motion detection to 0 is indeed 0.
Meaning the motion detection isn't working as i expected.
But now another bug.
The g-sensor isn't triggered in parking mode.
It doesn't matter which sensitivity you set it to it won't trigger.
It only triggers if i give my camera a really strong slap.
I set it to 100% sensitivity meaning it is set to really sensitive.
So temporally disabled my Power Magic Pro and Parking mode as it is useless now.

Alexsoll, when are you getting a DR600 installed? I'm ready for some software updates.

How is it comparing to your X2 after these tweaks? I guess quite similar on the latest firmware?

How is it comparing to your X2 after these tweaks? I guess quite similar on the latest firmware?
And what do you think?
Which is better? ;)

Right now? It's a hard one with the improvement in the latest X2 firmware on high brightness.

I bet it's very close - I saw the pic with the lorries and the 550 looked best but it was on a different day with different vehicles parked so not easy to tell.

Where was the thread that shows you how to restore back to original firmware? I can't find it~~

Found it :) i will try this now

@Celsian If you formatted the card before it did the update - I would take the card out and double check what you actually have on the card.

The steps to return to stock should be as simple as:
  1. Reformat your card in fat32
  2. Download latest firmware from BV site
  3. Copy all folders to the SD card - including the BV folder itself - this is important!! (So you card will look like this for example: F:/Blackvue/Config) where F is the card, and I used the config folder purely to show it's under the main BV folder.
  4. Insert in camera and switch on.
  5. At this point mine did give me a problem, so I left the card in the camera and cycled the power - it then picked up the firmware and updated.
If your updates are failing, then I would suspect either step 1 or 3 were not done correctly. :)

I just did it. it worked perfectly. the first time it also said " different version or something like that"

Then i just rebooted it and then it picked up the update and worked fine.

The custom firmware + Australian heat kept corrupting the sdcard.
maybe the increased bitrate + Aussie sun made the unit too hot.

The other week it went up to 40+ degrees Celsius. That was when it corrupted,

I may try again when 1.4 is out. and hopefully its around winter time :)

Today I looked at it, everything works fine.

9b5f4ee7e05e.jpg

cd971bbfa4c7.jpg

custom firmware_1.4

Back