Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-

JodiBB said:
Yop, and it still doesn't work. I've tried empty card and also card with content copied from old 16gb card. But with the same result :(
try formatting then running the sd card through H2testw http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Sys ... estw.shtml
that will tell you if its a fake or not, lots of fakes out here that wont work properly as you describe.

Last edited by a moderator:

wozzzzza said:
try formatting then running the sd card through H2testw http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Sys ... estw.shtml
that will tell you if its a fake or not, lots of fakes out here that wont work properly as you describe.

Oh yes, that's true, I think there are more nonworking plagiarism of known fabricators availiable worldwide than origin working memory-cards from them.
eB... makes it possible to broadcast them.

There may be just one partition on the micro-SD-card, not "some partition".
Some here I have read about an special SD-formater-program fur using SD-cards with the DR-500 - don't know where to download this.
Perhaps Wozzzzza can help to tell where it's source for downloading.

MyFirstSLK said:
wozzzzza said:

Oh yes, that's true, I think there are more nonworking plagiarism of known fabricators availiable worldwide than origin working memory-cards from them.
eB... makes it possible to broadcast them.

There may be just one partition on the micro-SD-card, not "some partition".
Some here I have read about an special SD-formater-program fur using SD-cards with the DR-500 - don't know where to download this.
Perhaps Wozzzzza can help to tell where it's source for downloading.

Its in the Download section of the Blackvue site It wont however format 64gig cards satisfactorily U have to use the program already suggested earlier in the thread

guiformat to FAT32 with 32kB cluster Copying from a good card to another already bad card wont work

The manufacturer states it supports up to 32gb cards so why not stick to that and have less problems

I tried format it in some partition software, also guiformat and it didn't work. It works on my phone, tablet, laptop, also H2testw was OK. :roll:
But, i tried one thing, format it in my motorola phone, and after that, IT WORKS! :eek:
I don't know why, because it's FAT32 with 32kB cluster, as before, but now it works.

My 64GB now unreadable, getting it replaced. Would like to roll back to stock Blackvue 1.008 to give it a try on 16GB card. Can I do a firmware update to 1.008 on a blank formatted 16GB card or is another protocol required?

Hey guys,
I'm back with new issue :/
I've tried official 1.008 fw because of sound problem. But it didn't help. So, I'm back on latest custom firmware. Everything is ok, but I have trouble with wifi connection. When I try to download some file from camera via wifi to my android, connection everytime fails. Sometimes in the middle of downloading, sometimes near to end. But always fails. It worked before, so I don't understand where is the problem.
Any idea?
Thanks

i've tried looking through this thread, but there are too many replies. anyone know off the top of their head how to revert back to the original firmware?

Depends which version you want to revert to. Try about reply 900 it tells you there somewhere. We had to read through it to find it.

I haven't been here for a month and this thread has died in the arse, what gives? Mio stopped doing updates etc..??

I don't think a recent English custom firmware has been recently released. Also Pittasoft released an official v1.009 of their firmware with 10Mbps bit rate. Many users are ok with that quality.

I don't think a recent English custom firmware has been recently released. Also Pittasoft released an official v1.009 of their firmware with 10Mbps bit rate. Many users are ok with that quality.
How to set to 10mbps?? I checked on compression normal. It is still 7.5mbps.

Hi, can this firmware be flashed on DR500 HD? non GPS WIFI version

I have the same question. I would like to buy lite version without gps and wifi as rear camera. Thanks

I know, but I would like to know, if I can use custom fw on this camera.

been a while since I have been here, any happenings of late?? any new custom firmware version newer than 1.1.1ae?

I have an issue with my GPS, the speed read out and time works ok but the map doesn't show any location of where you are or been.

Back