Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-

Lost my GPS yesterday.

How do I get the two halves of the case apart at the end? The photos show a small screw on one half and a tab on the other. For those that have taken it apart, does that screw indeed go into the tabbed portion?

If not, how has everyone managed to get it apart without breaking it?

Thank you.

---

OK, you have to take the panel by the wifi indicator off and get to the screw behind it.

I have unplugged the GPS module and even went so far as to remove the 3v battery. Still no GPS. Any ideas?

send back for warranty.

Is the upgrade to FW 1.1.1aE reversible... ? I mean, can i downgrade back to the stock firmware (i have 1.007e at this moment) if i'm not satisfied with the custom FW?

Jest said:
Is the upgrade to FW 1.1.1aE reversible... ? I mean, can i downgrade back to the stock firmware (i have 1.007e at this moment) if i'm not satisfied with the custom FW?

You can go back to 1.005 I have posted a link to it earlier in the thread Here it is Last time Im going to REpost it https://drive.google.com/?usp=folder&au ... U9FWEZWWlE

Last edited by a moderator:

I asked, because i have tried to go back from 1.007E to 1.005E without success ...

I searched the forum before for a hint how to do it... When i install the 1.005E on my SD card and start BlackVue with this microSD card inserted, it says, that the version information is different... (see attached recording >> http://youtu.be/3Wbn7ia5ti8 )

Jest said:
I asked, because i have tried to go back from 1.007E to 1.005E without success ...

I searched the forum before for a hint how to do it... When i install the 1.005E on my SD card and start BlackVue with this microSD card inserted, it says, that the version information is different... (see attached recording >> http://youtu.be/3Wbn7ia5ti8 )

Usually does that when the config files are different as in have a different language so check your files and if they are different take the card out when it says that and change the config to the same as in what you had in the version you had in the camera

someone asked for discharge gps
reset gps
[spoil]
MGalleryItem.php
[/spoil]
Jest, yes this process is reversible.
you can upgrade to 1,007 and back
When upgrading from 1.007, it is necessary to change the firmware file version.bin FW 1.005 to 1.007

Mio said:
someone asked for discharge gps
reset gps
MGalleryItem.php
WTF???

That is the browser GPS reset option.

how to connect to server??

wozzzzza said:
how to connect to server??

Fire up your phone, tablet, pc, whatever and have wifi on the BV turned on.

Connect to the BV wifi.

open your browser to https://192.168.8.1

That is it.

Never mind.

is it worth to flash the new firmware?
im still on stock and happy.

pit0711 said:
is it worth to flash the new firmware?
im still on stock and happy.
If you are happy its not worth the worry really

Mio, time for an update. I request following.

- Ability to turn off GPS in Parking mode

wozzzzza said:
Mio, time for an update. I request following.

- Ability to turn off GPS in Parking mode

since they've just released that in the official firmware (see the other thread) then I'm sure it won't take long

Hello, I have a new DR500GW and noticed its hard to read number plates when driving, something I think would be handy if someone was to sideswipe you and run. I assume using this CF with 12mbps recording will help. so I was wondering if there is a location to download the firmware. I ready threw a lot of this thread, and I realize you can PM Mio with my email, is this the only way to get the custom firmware? Not an issue if it is, I just don't want to bug Mio if this have changed at some point...

citris.87 said:
so I was wondering if there is a location to download the firmware. I ready threw a lot of this thread, and I realize you can PM Mio with my email, is this the only way to get the custom firmware?
If you have read a lot in this thread, than go back and read posting #901 in this thread again...

Thanx mate. When I say I read a lot of it, I mean about 30-40 pages, that's why I decided to ask. Thx again.

citris.87 said:
Thanx mate. When I say I read a lot of it, I mean about 30-40 pages, that's why I decided to ask. Thx again.

Just download the latest stock firmware from the Blackvue site or look at the forums about new firmware 1.008E

Its nearly as good as mio's and easier to load as well

Back