dash cam 1080p small size auto upload on home wifi connection

rollinator

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi there,

I have completely low knowledge on dash cams so I need some recommendation for the one I'd like to buy:

There are the features I'd like my dash cam to have:

- small size (no display required)
- min 1080p resolution
- front + rear camera, rear camera should have accu (charging should not be required too oftenly)
- records should be uploaded on home wifi connection (I just arranged extended wifi to have a good signal at my parking lot.
- price should be less than 200€/250$

what camera would be a good recommendation to buy?

Best Regards
Rolli

Welcome to DCT @rollinator :)

All but one of your requirements are easily met, but cams which can easily UL video files to your home wifi are very few. Only Blackvue and Thinkware have cams which can make this happen and they're costly. The intended purpose of wifi in dashcams is usually to allow use of an App for control, and to DL a file or two for on-site viewing or sharing through your phone. These wifi's are also slow, usually taking 3-4 times the file length to transfer. It's definitely not at the same level as wifi in other devices :(
The Blackvue DR900X would be the cam I suggest you look at, it seems to be the best in this aspect, but it's well past your budget.

If you can manage without the wifi UL requirement there are plenty of cams to choose from and some good ones which won't need but half of your budget.

Phil

Hi Rolli,

I agree with SawMaster. I bought my first dashcam about 4 months ago. Did loads of research. My desired feature set is pretty much the same as yours, and I settled on a BlackVue DR900X-2 and hardwired it.

Like he said, your desired feature set is a bit out of line with your budget.

The ability to automatically upload files to a storage device over your home wifi is easily done with the BV wifi-enabled cams and scripts or a third-party app. I use the Blackvue Downloader app, specifically designed for the BV cams.

Not super fast, but works great.

Last edited:
Back