Travels of a tiger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
garmin
Hi I’m new on here trying to promote my YouTube channel Travels of a tiger featuring dash cam videos and wondered if similar people are on here to help each other out it would be great to hear from anyone thanks

Welcome to the forum.
I put videos up of idiot drivers i pass, or rather they most often pass me as i stick to the max speed.
But really its just something i do for myself and i am not promoting my youtube channel + it is a mess as its also mixed up with other stuff of mine like RC cars.
I am planning on deleting the other parts as dashcam have been predominant in the past years, and then i can make a new channel for my other stuff.

I have no clue as what to do promoting a channel, it sound like some social media thing, and i dont do those in any way or form, if you dont count youtube that i guess are a social media.
When i split off my own stuff i will also make all my uploads of that private as that i am really just sharing with a few people ( very few, like one most often )

Welcome to the forum.
I put videos up of idiot drivers i pass, or rather they most often pass me as i stick to the max speed.
But really its just something i do for myself and i am not promoting my youtube channel + it is a mess as its also mixed up with other stuff of mine like RC cars.
I am planning on deleting the other parts as dashcam have been predominant in the past years, and then i can make a new channel for my other stuff.

I have no clue as what to do promoting a channel, it sound like some social media thing, and i dont do those in any way or form, if you dont count youtube that i guess are a social media.
When i split off my own stuff i will also make all my uploads of that private as that i am really just sharing with a few people ( very few, like one most often )
Thanks for welcome I’m just trying ways of getting more views I enjoy making videos and sharing them my local paper featured one last week got about 300 views from it and increased views on more of my dashcam clips so I’m trying to build on that and thanks for replying

I would assume that with the internet there should also be some guides to how to nurture / grow your platform, i even think i saw something to that order myself one day digging thru my channel to see if there was things i have forgotten to disable.
Personally i have been "following" a Russian dashcam channel, due to their big level of stupid and out right deadly traffic over there, but that channel seem to have stopped now so i dont really watch that any more, and after 3 - 4 years i have pretty much seen it all, though with the poor level of Russian drivers you some times got a surprise.
Myself i have just gotten 20 - 25 followers on youtube, and to be honest i wish they wouldn't, i always get a surge in my stomach when a new person start to follow me.
Then again my videos of idiot drivers i do want people to see, and i have also turned one especial stupid and dangerous guy in to the police.
I dont follow anyone myself, or that is i do book mark a youtube channel if i find it interesting, but i dont use youtubes system of following or liking, if i like a video i comment on it, only in this forum i click like buttons.

I usually post up my Dash Cam videos on YouTube for my own amusement and to make others aware of the idiots that are out on the road....

Here's my channel (scroll down to "My Dash Cam Videos")

https://www.youtube.com/user/98snakeeater

That being said, some of my videos tend to blow up due to other influences....

Take this playlist for example:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE0qn_0YxxOIMc7pP3V8reOAS6QDDzbIk

I had been eating lunch at a local McDonalds when I noticed a towing scam going on.

My Dash cam (and GoPros) captured their criminal activites and I posted them on YouTube.

Then Inside Edition picked up on the story and ran it a couple weeks back.

Now one of my videos, which previously had only 700 views now has well over 110,000 views in just a matter of days

On a sidenote, the tow truck driver seen above was arrested on assault charges and due to countless complaints and video footage of their racket, the DCA pulled their license and Cyclone City Towing is no longer in business

driverarrested.jpg

Yeah getting exposure on the popular social media have also made a few of my videos explode with views, doing nothing most of my videos get 30 - 40 views, but if some one re post on some form of social media things take off.
And then i usually get some POed comments on youtube, cuz it seem like " how dare i point the finger at other motorists" are the norm for many people.

Thanks for your help since the local paper picked up a video my next aim is to make the national paper i post on social networks ive made compilation videos so maybe just put individual incidents on from now on and see how that goes

Back