Dash Cam Reviewers

hey now, i use "unboxing" videos just as a way to say "hey, this is what i just got, in the next few weeks after I test the cam, i will have a review for you." I think they can be useful in certain ways. But I always like to include a little more detail beyond JUST unboxing it. such as clips and sometimes a menu walk through.

with some of the cheaper cams I really want to be able to test them for several weeks to see if any issues pop up, since reliability has been an issue...

I'm not against those who post unboxing videos, even if it's for outdated items. If you have time and enjoy doing it, do it.

My earlier post was not targeted to you or anyone else. It's my personal thought/opinion. I just don't think creating unboxing video for old dashcams does anything different than millions of other videos that do the same thing. I can take a picture and upload in few seconds and viewer gets the info in a second compared to a lot of time on both sides for video.
It is useful for those new persons who search for that dashcam's unboxing before buying. For them, any video is a new video whether posted a year ago or just now. For fairly new items, it's a very useful video though.
I've watched unboxing videos of most dashcams discussed in DCT posted by early testers or buyers so when I see a new unboxing video posted, I read the post to see any difference but I don't even click the video. It's not like there is a bunny inside now instead. ;)

Waiting few weeks is good idea but issues are not related to only cheap cameras as it seems.

Last edited:
while not really being a fan of unboxing videos if it is also a walkthrough of what the contents are all about then I think it has some merit, I've seen people misinterpret what some things are for or why something is included so in those cases I think it's good to have some sort of explanation available

nope. it's for tying the dashcam to your rearview mirror in case your windshield explodes away from the car during a wreck so you can still find the camera afterwards. either that or for tying the keys to the steering wheel so you don't lose them.

although it COULD be for sawing thru the adhesive to remove the cam from the windshield, but not sure why you'd wanna do that...

Wow , love doing product reviews ...
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/3-budget-dash-cameras.12116/
Just starting to play with dash cams - Geez after watching Dash cams on youtube , I figured I desperately needed on or two or more ..
The videos in the link are my first 3 , and I am trying to develop a style that will hopefully show people what the camera can do ..
Currently waiting on a G1W-c , but the plan is to hard wire the cams to the cars electrical system rather than rely on what might be a dodgy system ( Cheap nasty USB power VIA cig lighter socket - I see many issues with this ) Not the time to get into it .
I have pulled the first camera apart , so as to make the lens focus adjustable.. Seems to be working well .. ( still a cheap nasty dash cam though )

old4570

Last edited by a moderator:
One can never have too many dashcams, said "evenolder4966" :D

We are one of dash cam manufacturer.It is ridiculous that it is the first time to "say something" at the forum.
But we indeed learn lots of thing from here.We need the reviews from the reviewers.That we can find the short-coming of our products.And to improve ourself.

We are one of dash cam manufacturer.It is ridiculous that it is the first time to "say something" at the forum.
But we indeed learn lots of thing from here.We need the reviews from the reviewers.That we can find the short-coming of our products.And to improve ourself.

There is a first time for everything ...
Even though I have been doing product reviews for a long time , dashcams are new ...
Quite simply ...
Number one seems to be image quality - Real high definition video - or better !
Number two seems to be reliability
If you have those two bases covered you are most of the way there ...

If you want to 'torture' test your dash cam, send it to me.

:)

If you want to 'torture' test your dash cam, send it to me.

:)
Tortured and killed ... ;)

iphonedestrozado.jpg

Tortured and killed ... ;)

iphonedestrozado.jpg
That reminds me of the scene from Office Space where they smash up the printer - what did that iPhone ever do to you :p

It would have looked more like a plasterers radio then!!

@Eve_Lyn - welcome to another manufacturer here. What models do you offer?

It would have looked more like a plasterers radio then!!

@Eve_Lyn - welcome to another manufacturer here. What models do you offer?
Can you make out the logo?

Looks like HETAI so maybe that's the brand @Eve_Lyn is offering.

16602.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah ok, so they're the manufacturer of the 808 and DR32 - forerunners of the Möbius I guess.

That's a very nice/sleek looking action waterproof camera.
Kind of innov c3 body but with lens built in.

NAUTILUS08.jpg

Yes, was wondering about the mount configuration. I don't think this is the 'waterproof' dashcam we've been hoping for, unless they can come up with an alternative rubber flap cover that has either the USB plug and connector molded in, or some provision of passing through the USB cable and sealing it up.
(Hint,hint...)

I'd also prefer a standard tripod mount thread.

Back