Dash Cam Reviewers

I've got a couple of cheap cams we tried as baby monitors which I might try out for looking out the window - just don't want the bird over the road with the big fake tits thinking I'm taping her!!
Rev, that's so wrong and so funny at the same time

I quite agree camera motion detector is rubish....

But who said you have to use that setting as all these cameras are designed to record when power is applied and it is such an easy job to trigger them with an external movement sensor applying power to them..

So, you're saying you want to hook up your dash cam(s) to an external thermal motion detector and wire it in through what?.....an open window or some other portal? This seems like a cumbersome and potentially problematic approach. And you say it is an "easy job" to trigger multiple cameras and have them powered by your car's 12V system. I dunno?

Oi you two - I'm a good neighbour who puts the bins out and all sorts - I just say it like I see it :) And they are big - and fake. Just a shame she looks like a slapped arse.

And I'm actually ordained so whenever I'm in the USA or Canada I can legally perform ceremonies - scary stuff :D

Pete btw, I'm trying to get hold of a new discrete camera which is higher end and has GPS - just having problems working out how to get it shipped here at the moment - no AV in though I'm afraid.

I could but it might cause more harm than good!

Oh...a pity. I guess I'll have to go back to having my girlfriend do that New Agey thing she does with the crystals and feathers and incense and such. There's nothing wrong with the cameras actually but I thought perhaps a little Holy intervention might give me some sharper video and better night time performance. You know, less of that demonic flashing and perhaps a little less grain....:confused:

In that case consider your phone blessed - now your girlfriend can save the feathers and incense for you :)

In that case consider your phone blessed - now your girlfriend can save the feathers and incense for you :)
She does it every opportunity she gets...with anything! It's making me ill. :eek: I thank you for my phone and........my phone thanks you. OMG it just rang!! Gotta' go.

THE ORIGINAL DASH CAM would like to invite the following to review our Dash Cams that have been successful in the retail world;

Niko

Mtz

Jokkin

I appreciate the vote of confidence but realistically I don't think people would want my review on a product as they'd assume there must be some sort of bias involved, even though I manufacture cameras I do participate here and try and help end users regardless of what brand product they have and can say whether something is good or not without any emotion attached or any hidden agenda, I've quite often recommended other cameras as good in a particular category or suitable for what the user wants etc because I believe it to be correct, some people, particularly new users might not see that and think there's some hidden agenda

To be honest though I don't think it's an issue as I don't see any manufacturer or reseller sending me their product for review, I quite often buy competitors cameras anyway just to see what they're doing, how well it works etc, just part of the research process but I wouldn't publish a review on their products as I suspect any criticism would be taken with a good deal of suspicion, again more so that new users might take things the wrong way

Niko, has a ton of experience with the cameras, has seen a lot of different solutions, knows what he's talking about and I value his opinion, I'll gladly listen to what he has to say about a product, good, bad or otherwise and know that what he says is an accurate representation of what an end user can expect but also with a technical understanding of the product

Mtz, again, heaps of experience with the product, knows what he's talking about and someone whose opinion I value greatly, although he's away for work during the summer and not as active as usual he's a great contributor and very helpful

Realistically for someone to be invited to review products they generally need to be active participants, have good general knowledge of the product, be helpful and be able to express themselves well, I've been involved with this sort of thing for quite a long time, on both sides, as a supplier, as a reviewer and have also been involved in beta testing and product development for almost 20 years and have done a wide range of products over the years

Later on I'll have some product that I'll be asking some users to review, not because I need it done but realistically I want some other people that are not connected to try the product and give their opinion which might be seen as more credible to end users that might be interested in our product, I can talk about it all day and of course tell you all the things I like about what we're doing, much better if it's not me offering the opinion though I'd think

I'll be asking both Niko and Mtz to look at the product pre-release, it will still be in beta stage but these are guys whose opinions I value so I'd like to get their feedback as well on some of the fine tuning we'll be doing that will help shape the release product, we're fairly active on firmware updates and release about one a month as it is but I'd like to get the firmware as polished as possible prior to release, I believe the feedback from these two guys would be helpful in that respect, providing they have the time to contribute of course, they obviously have other things to do with their time

Once we get to release stage I'll look at it more from a product review perspective in who to get to look at some finished product and what different people might offer etc

I would say to anyone that wanted to be considered as a reviewer start by publishing a review on whatever you own already so that any prospective manufacturer or supplier can see what you bring to the table, if the review is worthy perhaps DashCamMan will add it to the main site, that's a sure way to get attention, something interactive, video review, sample footage, install examples etc all make it something people want to view, scattered throughout the site here there's plenty of bits of info people have done already, pull it into a proper review if you want to get noticed I guess

so here is my G1W-C review. if you check out my original g1w unboxing video or my earlier videos I hope people can see I have made a big improvement. there is always more improvement to be had, and i will continue at it.

I hope to keep this unboxing/first impresions then 1 month or so later final review process going. I think if i reviewed the g1w after a week or two it would have been far more positive than my critical final review. although i dont want to completely bash any camera unless it truly is terrible. i think every camera could be suitable for someones needs.

some people really might just want that $40 camera that has awful video quality, but good enough to see what happened in an accident, and dont care to be able to read license plates.

you can see my other reviews in the link in my sig below.

Last edited:
my blackvue dr550gw-2ch review:

my mobius review:

i really need to work on my audio mixing....i use headphones and it always sounds way better and louder but then once i upload it its too quiet.

I'd would do it

here is a link to some of my previous work

I have DOD LS300W camera in my car, which I bought not so long ago. From time to time it saves on the memory (32 GB) unreadable files / directories with "machine language" names. I, of cause, cannot delete them, so I have to format it. O! I assumed, after creations of such files, camera does not continue to save. I see it on the screen of the camera (no more camera symbol and data shown).
May be it the memory. I inserted another one, and will monitor the behavior. However, if on another memory would be the same results, so I would need advise on the camera.

Hi, I am new to DashCamTalk - My boyfriend is a truck driver and I need a good Dash Camera.

It needs to have a few things

HD
Night Vision capabilities
Continuous Recording Mode

I was wondering if there are any out there that are rechargeable that he doesn't need plugged in the Cigarette lighter constantly cause he won't like the clutter....

I was looking at Thinkware Dash Camera F550 but it only works while being plugged in...

Please help! I am not tech savy and nobody at Future Shop or Best Buy knew much about Dash Cams

Last edited:
Thought I chime here as well so I'm on the list of possible reviewers for the next big thing in Dashcams. ;)

Starting from cheap a$$ $10 camera from eBay, I've had quite a few of them reviewed since then and I'm in IT so that may help in figuring out issues sooner than someone using CD/DVD tray as a coffee cup holder. :D

My first $10 dashcam C600 from eBay:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/out-of-focus-blurry-c600-dashcam-videos-and-pictures.5724/

G1WH from Gearbest:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/g1wh-from-gearbest-com-review-30fps-1080p.6640/

G90 A3 from Gearbest:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/gearbest-dome-g90-dashcam-with-ambarella-a7la30-review.6546/

Z7 from Gearbest:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...hcam-review-and-comparison-against-g1wh.6849/
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/gearbest-dome-z7-vs-dome-g90.7106/

G90 A7 from Gearbest:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...70-review-and-comparison-against-a7la30.8095/

G95A from Gearbest:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ella-a7la50-2-7-1296p-hd-dashcam-review.9800/

+ several others.

I'm not a big fan of 'Unboxing' videos, specially when the product is already out there in the market for months or years.
When there are already gazillion's of unboxing videos of the same product, it's a waste of my time to create, edit and upload the video plus waste of disk space and it's a waste of other viewers' time as well to go through the same thing in my video.
It doesn't add any value whatsoever unless the supplier wants me to create it.
Minor changes on box packaging or contents can be explained better with words and a picture. Features and functionality changes are more important.
If I'm beta testing or reviewing a brand new model that just released or soon to be released, then it makes perfect sense to create 'Unboxing' videos.

What I do ASAP is create real time videos from the dashcam and compare with other dashcams in the same conditions/situations.
That gives better picture/video of how that unit compares and lives up to its spec.
I try to clean my windshield as much as possible but I'm not obsessed with it.
If I can see cleanly, the dashcam should also be able to take good video.
I'm not spending 1/2 hour everyday to clean car's windows just because I don't want any smudge in dashcam videos.
Normal everyday situations is what the reality is and reviews should reflect that, no need to setup like a Google car.
Also, I'm not replacing my windshield every time there is a sandblast spec or small chip that shows some tiny reflection in the videos.
No sir, well of course if supplier pays for the replacement.;)

I live in a very unique place (Denver) where it's not uncommon to have 70 degrees at noon and snow in the evening and scenic roads to 14,000ft mountain peaks.
Pretty drastic environment and temp changes to test new gadgets. That adds fun but also adds challenges due to frozen windshield and condensations etc...
Who else can post a video of playing soccer one warm sunny day and post the same field under a foot of snow next day? Not that I'll take dashcam videos of a soccer field but that has happened many times here.

Hopefully, several dashcams are on their way now to me for more review. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I chime here as well so I'm on the list of possible reviewers for the next big thing in Dashcams. ;)

Starting from cheap a$$ $10 camera from eBay, I've had quite a few of them reviewed since then and I'm in IT so that may help in figuring out issues sooner than someone using CD/DVD tray as a coffee cup holder. :D

My first $10 dashcam C600 from eBay:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/out-of-focus-blurry-c600-dashcam-videos-and-pictures.5724/

G1WH from Gearbest:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/g1wh-from-gearbest-com-review-30fps-1080p.6640/

G90 A3 from Gearbest:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/gearbest-dome-g90-dashcam-with-ambarella-a7la30-review.6546/

Z7 from Gearbest:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...hcam-review-and-comparison-against-g1wh.6849/
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/gearbest-dome-z7-vs-dome-g90.7106/

G90 A7 from Gearbest:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...70-review-and-comparison-against-a7la30.8095/

G95A from Gearbest:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ella-a7la50-2-7-1296p-hd-dashcam-review.9800/

+ several others.

I'm not a big fan of 'Unboxing' videos, specially when the product is already out there in the market for months or years.
When there are already gazillion's of unboxing videos of the same product, it's a waste of my time to create, edit and upload the video plus waste of disk space and it's a waste of other viewers' time as well to go through the same thing in my video.
It doesn't add any value whatsoever unless the supplier wants me to create it.
Minor changes on box packaging or contents can be explained better with words and a picture. Features and functionality changes are more important.
If I'm beta testing or reviewing a brand new model that just released or soon to be released, then it makes perfect sense to create 'Unboxing' videos.

What I do ASAP is create real time videos from the dashcam and compare with other dashcams in the same conditions/situations.
That gives better picture/video of how that unit compares and lives up to its spec.
I try to clean my windshield as much as possible but I'm not obsessed with it.
If I can see cleanly, the dashcam should also be able to take good video.
I'm not spending 1/2 hour everyday to clean car's windows just because I don't want any smudge in dashcam videos.
Normal everyday situations is what the reality is and reviews should reflect that, no need to setup like a Google car.
Also, I'm not replacing my windshield every time there is a sandblast spec or small chip that shows some tiny reflection in the videos.
No sir, well of course if supplier pays for the replacement.;)

I live in a very unique place (Denver) where it's not uncommon to have 70 degrees at noon and snow in the evening and scenic roads to 14,000ft mountain peaks.
Pretty drastic environment and temp changes to test new gadgets. That adds fun but also adds challenges due to frozen windshield and condensations etc...
Who else can post a video of playing soccer one warm sunny day and post the same field under a foot of snow next day? Not that I'll take dashcam videos of a soccer field but that has happened many times here.

Hopefully, several dashcams are on their way now to me for more review. :D
hey now, i use "unboxing" videos just as a way to say "hey, this is what i just got, in the next few weeks after I test the cam, i will have a review for you." I think they can be useful in certain ways. But I always like to include a little more detail beyond JUST unboxing it. such as clips and sometimes a menu walk through.

with some of the cheaper cams I really want to be able to test them for several weeks to see if any issues pop up, since reliability has been an issue with some cams. but at the same time im usually to excited to wait 3-4 weeks to upload a single video on the cam I am testing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back