Dash Cam Reviewers

The higher end (usually Korean but some Chinese too) have 12v straight in

Yes, ditto on the standard USB plug.

I have a 'Dice' camera that uses a non-common plug. I can never find the cable. A Fuji digital point and shoot I picked up recently uses the same type of cable, but the cable from it doesn't seem to work on the 'dice' cam. If i had known this was this type of cable, i wouldn't have bought the Fuji. Now I live in fear of losing this cable, too.

It's probably a standard plug, but not common or easily replaced.
(like a 3/4 sized micro USB)

it is a readily available connector, lots of digital still cameras use the same, it's not a protocol standard though so can be wired however they please

Yes, probably, just not readily available when you can't find the cable and want to find a replacement easily. :)

it's the one thing that gets complained about all the time, change the connector to Mini or Micro USB and you'll find customers will appreciate it a lot more
yes:Dthank you for your kindly understand.I asked my technician today,he told me the reason why we chose this USB cable.They also use 5 pin usb cable before.
As a big user of a few Innovv C3s and a C4 and as a potential future customer for your product I also want to echo the point jokiin has made.

I like just about everything about the Innovv camera except for the weird way I have to get it to use a USB battery pack and that hard pain to find if needed to be replaced power plug.

I also notice that my C3/C4 does not like to be directly powered by my computer or car built in USB for recording. Hopefully this is something you can over come with your camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a big user of a few Innovv C3s and a C4 and as a potential future customer for your product I also want to echo the point jokiin has made.

I like just about everything about the Innovv camera except for the weird way I have to get it to use a USB battery pack and that hard pain to find if needed to be replaced power plug.

I also notice that my C3/C4 does not like to be directly powered by my computer or car built in USB for recording. Hopefully this is something you can over come with your camera.

Thank you for your question, I lile to collect your opinions.And to solve the problems with my teams.
And I ask my technician,also tested by myself before.The C3/C4 camera can be powered by PC.But it will slower than other ways.
Because the when you connect the C3 camera with your computer,it will starts automatically.If you power off the camera by yourself.It can be charged faster.
The package include car charge cable and the USB cable.It can recording while charging.
Or can you give me more detailed information about this situation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your question, I lile to collect your opinions.And to solve the problems with my teams.
And I ask my technician,also tested by myself before.The C3/C4 camera can be powered by PC.But it will slower than other ways.
Because the when you connect the C3 camera with your computer,it will starts automatically.If you power off the camera by yourself.It can be charged faster.
The package include car charge cable and the USB cable.It can recording while charging.
Or can you give me more detailed information about this situation?
I don't think you understand what we are saying.
We are suggesting to replace the proprietary usb connection to regular mini usb so we don't have to carry extra cable and can use any mini usb out there.

Talks about the standard USB.
I tell all the precious opinions I collected from here to my boss.
They will adopt the opinions to change the USB cable to standard cable.
But they said the former procucts,such as #18 ,#26 ,C series Camera can not be changed now.If we change the USB cable now,we should redesign the PCB and other things.
It is more complicated than we thought.
But we will change the new product.

of course you can't change the old product, it's something they should consider when making new products

there are many customers who won't consider the product just because of the non standard cable, this is not new, they have been saying this ever since your first product

Talks about the standard USB.
I tell all the precious opinions I collected from here to my boss.
They will adopt the opinions to change the USB cable to standard cable.
But they said the former procucts,such as #18 ,#26 ,C series Camera can not be changed now.If we change the USB cable now,we should redesign the PCB and other things.
It is more complicated than we thought.
But we will change the new product.
Yes, what's done is done.
Need to improve what's coming. ;)

of course you can't change the old product, it's something they should consider when making new products

there are many customers who won't consider the product just because of the non standard cable, this is not new, they have been saying this ever since your first product

Yes,you are right.We have out of date for a long long long time.
It is the first time for us to touch the is forum,and the first tiem to listen the voice from you,from customers and also our distributor.
And we now make up our mind to change the situation.Because we realize that we need to change and have got to change.

And we now make up our mind to change the situation.Because we realize that we need to change and have got to change.

that's the first positive news I've heard from your company, I hope you follow through as you do have the potential to make good product with a bit of fine tuning

I am also happy to hear this. I'd love to test a new model on my hat at some point, and not having to worry about hunting down an odd type cable in case the one I am using gets caught on something and broken is really great news.

Yes,we have launched a new camera call"Nautilus Cam"Because we have produced a batch of this camera.
So we only can change the USB cable in the next batch.

Yes,we have launched a new camera call"Nautilus Cam"Because we have produced a batch of this camera.
So we only can change the USB cable in the next batch.

By next batch do you mean next time you get in a new shipment of Nautilus Cam or next batch as in new product?

The next time I get in new shipment of Nautilus Cam.
And also all the new products we are going to launch in the near future.We will change to standard USB cable.

Back