Dash Cams and the iPad

We do include the free OTG/USB card reader, but it's only compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android. (sorry apple)
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...r-android-smartphone-tablet-and-pc-mac.12819/

otg-street-guardian-2-jpg.15101

It's too bad the Apple Camera Connection kit only works on iPad as well. (not even iPhone 6 plus works)

But yes, we can always improve support next time to fill the iPad gap. The power users that absolutely need iPad access will have to get the Kingston wireless card reader or equivalent. At least the prices have come way way down on those lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had known of the Kensington before I bought the SD card adapter I probably would have purchased that instead. With Apple and their walled garden it's always been a double edged sword. Some of it they do for obvious security reasons by making it difficult to import just any old files into an iPad but some of it is so you have to buy their expensive and restrictive adapters. The USB adapter imports certain camera files and videos but won't let you transfer any other types of files.

It is frustrating that of the three types of camera I currently run on my 4 camera set-up, the only one I can't transfer files to the iPad from is the SG. Hopefully that will get remedied in the future. One solution might be to buy a cheap Chinese Android tablet to keep in my vehicle and use the OTG/USB card reader that came with the SG.

Edit: @Pier28, it is unfortunate that the SG9665GC doesn't work with the iPad and the Apple adapter but do we really need yet another promotional pictorial advertisement and a link from you for the Street Guardian? Here we are in a thread about Dashcams and the iPad and when it is finally confirmed that SG9665GC microSD cards cannot be read by the iPad you feel it's time to let everyone to know that you supply an OTG adapter for Android with lots of large photos.

The way you miss absolutely no opportunity to push your wares on here DashCamTalk is shameful really.

Last edited:
Back