Dash Cams and the iPad

@Dashmellow

The Street Guardian SGZC12SG comes with a USB/OTG microSD/SD card reader. (plug into any android phone/tablet)

jqVv0gF.png

The SG9665GC comes with a smaller keychain USB microSD reader at this time.
EDIT: SG9665GC also comes with USB/OTB reader shown above
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...r-android-smartphone-tablet-and-pc-mac.12819/

HBu6DZS.png

We are looking to include the bigger more functional USB/OTB reader with ALL SG products in the near future.

I'm pretty sure I included an extra bonus OTB reader with your recent SG9665GC order. Let me know if I didn't, as I'd be happy to send one your way if needed.

I know this won't help with your iPad, but if you get a cheap android Tablet as you said, you're good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dashmellow

The Street Guardian SGZC12SG comes with a USB/OTG microSD/SD card reader. (plug into any android phone/tablet)

jqVv0gF.png

The SG9665GC comes with a smaller keychain USB microSD reader at this time.

HBu6DZS.png

We are looking to include the bigger more functional USB/OTB reader with ALL SG products in the near future.

I'm pretty sure I included an extra bonus OTB reader with your recent SG9665GC order. Let me know if I didn't, as I'd be happy to send one your way if needed.

I know this won't help with your iPad, but if you get a cheap android Tablet as you said, you're good to go.

Thanks @Pier28! Yes, you did include both readers pictured above! Much appreciated! As an iPad guy I need a "Lightning to SD Card Camera reader" and this works quite well for transferring files to view on the tablet. It might be time to reconsider a Chinese android tablet though to carry around in my vehicle.

Last edited:
...I wasn't talking about viewing .MOV files on an Andriod tablet while I'm out and about as I can do that on my iPad. What I was referring to in that post was an Android app that provides the capability to adjust the settings on Mobius cameras while out on the road using an OTG adapter.....

Oops, sorry about that. Kind of missed that point when browsing through the thread.

Oops, sorry about that. Kind of missed that point when browsing through the thread.

No problemo. If you're not a Mobius guy it would be easy to miss the reference in the previous post to therau2000, the author of the Mobius Android app.

awesome, thank you. i was also considering the kingston mobilelite here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00KU2E9IW
perhaps it's able to stream directly to my iphone to elimiate the need to store an ipad in the car.

had that. liked it for a while, maybe because I had nothing else to compare it to. it's always been quite finicky. it does not like any 64GB card I put into it. it reads the 32GB cards from my mini just fine. it'll read USB flash drives well.

I now have a RAV power wireless reader. it works much better for my uses and has read everything I've put into it. and at a much faster rate as well. reads cards from my panorama as well as my mini and other USB storage I've attached to it. it also has a much bigger battery than my previous Kingston mobile lite so it'll last much longer between charges, too.

had that. liked it for a while, maybe because I had nothing else to compare it to. it's always been quite finicky. it does not like any 64GB card I put into it. it reads the 32GB cards from my mini just fine. it'll read USB flash drives well.

I now have a RAV power wireless reader. it works much better for my uses and has read everything I've put into it. and at a much faster rate as well. reads cards from my panorama as well as my mini and other USB storage I've attached to it. it also has a much bigger battery than my previous Kingston mobile lite so it'll last much longer between charges, too.

thanks for this. i purchased one for 37 shipped and it works as advertised. the only thing i wish it allows is skipping ahead on videos, it requires you to watch the entire video

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00PZND21Q

nevermind... when you tap and hold a file with the ravpower filehub, you have the option of opening it in VLC, which has the ability to do so..

you're welcome! glad I could steer an iOS user to it instead of the Kingston. as far as skipping through the currently playing video, you can. just use the use the video timeline to "scrub" to the point of the video you want to go to.

i dont have the bar on top where i can scrub, but i do in VLC

i was playing it thru my iphone 6. however i did as you suggested (force quit rav filehub) and it showed up. thanks again

Hi guys,I have recently purchased the G1WH dash cam which I find has been a cheap good purchase so far,my question is I have a iPad Air so if I purchased the apple lightning card reader would I be able to transfer and watch the footage on my iPad in Mov ,thanks in advance .

Hi guys,I have recently purchased the G1WH dash cam which I find has been a cheap good purchase so far,my question is I have a iPad Air so if I purchased the apple lightning card reader would I be able to transfer and watch the footage on my iPad in Mov ,thanks in advance .

I've yet to hear concrete proof it works, but it sounds promising. The only question is if the usual industry standard DCIM folder is required to be there or not.
https://www.google.com/search?q=DCIM
Some have that folder while others do not.

I should add that it didn't work with my GT300W or GT680W, so it seems to be dependent on the file structure the camera creates regardless of whether the DCIM folder is there. This problem was the reason I started this thread a year and a half ago. (see post#1). With other cameras I have had no issues. I haven't thought about this topic for quite awhile so when I get some time I will explore this again further. For example, I have yet to try this with a card from my SG9665GC which for some reason never automatically launches Image Capture on my iMac the way every other camera's volume does.

The G1wh is my first dash cam and I'm pleased with so far and for about $38 it's a steal

I should add that it didn't work with my GT300W or GT680W, so it seems to be dependent on the file structure the camera creates regardless of whether the DCIM folder is there. This problem was the reason I started this thread a year and a half ago. (see post#1). With other cameras I have had no issues. I haven't thought about this topic for quite awhile so when I get some time I will explore this again further. For example, I have yet to try this with a card from my SG9665GC which for some reason never automatically launches Image Capture on my iMac the way every other camera's volume does.
If you get it working for the SG9665GC please post as I was unable to get it to work. Mobius files worked great though.

Back