Dashboard is reflecting on windshield

wolf2600

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just installed a Mini 0806 and took the car out. Watching the video, I'm getting a lot of reflection of the dashboard on the windshield.

Anything to be done about this?

Lucky for you there is a CPL filter for the 0806, or you could get a black dashmat.

Ah. I do have the CPL filter, just hadn't installed it yet. Thanks

you will need to tune / dial it in by rotating it untill you can see reflections go avay. if you put a white paper on your dashbord while you do it it will make it easier to see what happen on the little screen as you rotate the filter.

Similar question guys...my street guardian 12RC is working nicely but at night seems to pick up quite a large reflection from my car stereo and phone (which is attached to the air vent via a magnetic style bracket). Can anything be done about this?

I don't know how it picks up all of that from the reflection! Might be something to do with the curvature of the screen o_O

Ignore the black area bottom right, that's just the dotted section next to the rear view mirror. I'll move the camera slightly to the left at some point but I stuck it on pretty well first time around lol

Untitled_zpsamwmcurd.png

In my rear camera i have right up against the glass, and using only 60 deg FOV, i have reflections of the headlights of oncomming cars at night.
Dosent bother me too much, there is offcourse allso a little in the daytime but its not as easy to notice that time of day.

You can also check out this page on reducing reflections: http://glarminy.com/2015/11/30/glar...y-driver-fatigue-eye-strain-causes-solutions/

Basically to summarize:
1) Don't use reflective cleaning products on your dash. If you've used Armor-All or something similar remove it with alcohol or cleaner.
2) Attach non-reflective materials to your dash or use something like dashmat. Personally it's ugly. While filming I throw on a suede blanket but I try not to use it for regular driving and deal with the reflections.

You are supposed to clean your dash ???

I would love a dashmat, but i cant fine one that fit my little Suzuki. :(

Back