dashcam for 24h video with low resolution and bitrate

hchkrdtn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I´m desperate to find right dash cam for my needs. All I need is continuous video (divided in as less as possible files) for at least 24 hours which can be accommodated by 32gb sd card. I don´t need sound, I don´t need wifi, gps, motion senzor or super resolution. On the contrary, I look for very low resolution - like 320x240 and 30fps is fair enough for my needs. I prefer smaller size of final video. Also I don´t really need expensive camera because the device will stay in car overnight and I don´t want to attract thieves as much. I bought some cheap dashcams which were promising 320x240 resolution, but they still record quite big video (probably using old and ineffective codec) so that I can record only about 11 hours to 32 gb card. Does anybody have an idea about some suitable dashcam? I was doing quite deep and long research, but all webs reviews or comparisons are focusing only on maximum resolution and features I don´t care about. Thanks.

Hello,

I´m desperate to find right dash cam for my needs. All I need is continuous video (divided in as less as possible files) for at least 24 hours which can be accommodated by 32gb sd card. I don´t need sound, I don´t need wifi, gps, motion senzor or super resolution. On the contrary, I look for very low resolution - like 320x240 and 30fps is fair enough for my needs. I prefer smaller size of final video. Also I don´t really need expensive camera because the device will stay in car overnight and I don´t want to attract thieves as much. I bought some cheap dashcams which were promising 320x240 resolution, but they still record quite big video (probably using old and ineffective codec) so that I can record only about 11 hours to 32 gb card. Does anybody have an idea about some suitable dashcam? I was doing quite deep and long research, but all webs reviews or comparisons are focusing only on maximum resolution and features I don´t care about. Thanks.

Check out the Mobius, does 1080P @ 30 FPS, 720P @ 60 FPS & 30 FPS and also 848 x 480 at both 30 and 60 (I'm guessing), file size can be set to 3, 5, 10, 15 minutes or maximum (FAT32 limitations applicable). Format can be set to MOV or MP4 and the sound can be turned off via the configuration utility.

Haven't used the 848 x 480 resolution but you should easily get 24 hours or more of video.

Last edited:
thanks, do you actually own that camera? If you do, could you please try to record 848 x 480 in 30fps in MP4 and tell me the size and length of the video?

thanks, do you actually own that camera? If you do, could you please try to record 848 x 480 in 30fps in MP4 and tell me the size and length of the video?

For a 3 minute recording

wvga.png

You'll need a 64GB card as it adds up to approximately 46GB for 24 hours.

Last edited:
Back