Dashcam Georgia (DGA) Compilation 42

Hi,
Seems like you have a lot of idiot drivers just like we do.....Down Under. :arghh:

A personal comment. if I may...(Also available on YouTube. > How to stop the windscreen wiper chatter..)

Your windscreen wipers need a slight adjustment....in that the main wiper arm is twisted & not flat errr, straight.

You can see the rubber wiper blade is stuck on one side & not returning to the centre where it should flick back over to vertical after sweeping to the right.

You just need to bend the main arm so that the rubber wiper is vertical when not contacting the windscreen. (y)
Use 2 "shifting spanners" to perform the minor adjustments.

Hey Michael; thanks for the tip. I checked out the video and it makes perfect sense. I replaced both front and rear wipers a couple months ago and they are not currently chattering because the rubber is still fresh. No doubt, when the chattering starts up again, I'll give it a go (a lot cheaper than replacing wipers).

Yes, Cobb County is infested with idiot drivers, especially around the Marietta Square. :)

It is always "those " kind of people that spread all over the world.

I think the more METH you sell the bigger your wheels get, some are hilarious

I dont think i have ever owned a car with rims bigger than 16" and i sure as hell never fitter after market ALU wheels to a car.

I tend to keep my vehicles stock, unless I'm not happy with the wheels that came with it... If that vehicle was of the "base-sticker-price" variety, or if I didn't like the wheels that came on it, I have usually upgraded to wider width and diameter from the same manufacturer as the vehicle. One exception: 1972 Nova Coupe: Switched out stock steel rims (came with "baby moon" hubcaps) for "US Mags"; many years later, though, I switched out the US Mags for a set of Chevy rally wheels (14 x 7, with chrome "deep dish" trim rings). I had a 1984 S-10 with stock 14" x 6" steel rims and hub caps; switched those out for a set of 1988 Camaro rally wheels (15 x 7). My 1997 Ford Ranger came with 14 x 6 (or 7?) "deer paw" aluminum wheels; switched those out for 1998 Ranger 15 x 7 "Euro Silver" steel wheels and added narrow chrome trim rings. Also added the narrow chrome trim rings to 2006 Ranger stock wheels. Except for the Nova's US Mags, I've never bought a set of after-market wheels.

In 2006 i got a brand new Suzuki Gran vitara SUV, the seller was very surprised he could not sell the set of 18 " ALU wheels and low profile tires to me too, so i assume he had to sell those to someone else.
Even if i do not go off-roading, well i do prefer to have a set of MS tires on my 4x4 / SUV, and for sure no EURO boy racer low profile tires.

Before this i had a 1997 Mitsubishi L200 EXT cab pickup, its factory tires would make me stuck on a level wet lawn, my Land rover and hard core off roader friend laughed his ass off, CUZ he was very Land Rover fanboy.

A year / 2 later having put a set of OK yokohame MS tires on the EXT cab + wheelbase pickup i was with my friend and the land rover owners club, off-roading in a military terrain they some times borrowed, there with proper tires i SHUT my land rover fan boy friend up CUZ the Mitsubishi went everywhere he went aside for one long hill with a hole about midway CUZ that would have chewed up my panels due to the long wheelbase, so i drove up there to the hole, and yelled to my friend i am stopping here CUZ i do not want to ruin my new car.
So no smart ass remarks after that :)

Its kinda the same, the people in the US just slamming a nice old pickup,,,,, i dont get that at all, i would put a lift kit on instead, or maybe some bags to have it variable.
But i am not driving any car that get torn up by driving over a bottle cap left in the street.

My friend got a nice 1958 Chevy apache stepside in the mid 90ties, never got it on the street so until 2021 or something it was just a partly stripped garage queen.

tumblr_p7x28cSOGE1wxv8ejo1_1280.jpg

I always liked the clean styling of the Suzuki; never liked the Nissan and Hyundai offerings. We have RAV4 (on our third one now, 1998, 2005, 2012 (the red one in a lot of my videos)). I increased the tire width one notch (Cooper Tires) and it made a noticeable, but subtle improvement; we have the RAV model that has the larger wheels, and without the parasitic spare tire on the back. Over 90k on it now; no major issues so far. Also, forgot to mention earlier (except for the Mustang GTs), even if I'm happy with the wheels, I always end up increasing the tire width by one notch. It never hurts anything and always ends up looking and handling better. I did make the mistake of getting 60-series tires on one of my Rangers (I think it was the 1997) and I returned them the next day. I was surprised they took them back without a fuss or fee; of course, I had to pay for re-mounting.

Yeah, I don't understand why people don't think ahead enough when buying a carcass. It almost never works out well for the carcass or the owner. Unless you already have a body or repair shop with extra storage and resources to do the job right, it's a losing proposition. I suppose most successful restorers get their project vehicles from those that previously failed. ;)

One success story I encountered though, and I believe it was a 1958 Chevy Apache Stepside... A fraternity brother and his dad restored one of those. It was slightly lowered, painted a deep copper metallic, had 5-spoke Camaro SS rally's (circa 1969) and the bed floor was lined with varnished wood planks. It looked better than anything I just now looked at online.

The apache stepside was according to seller ready to be registered and inspected, it was NOT
Seller paid for new windscreen to be flow in from the US, and 2 new front fenders in fiberglass, but other than a few acetylene torch cuts in various frame parts to make room for headers on the early 90ties small block some how bolted to the ( i think ) original 3 speed transmission.
O and then the mounts for the motor / transmission, just 3/4 steel cut with blow torch, no dampning what so ever in it, i assume CUZ with new motor it all landed in different place so you had to do custom mounts for that, and some US guy dident bother.
But the damn thing was in a reasonable good state otherwise, even the motor, which my friend for some strange reason still took apart, CUZ when he got it we drove in it for a week or two on temporary plates.
Alsi i had to reskin both doors, they was a mix of old street signs and putty,,,,, lots of putty.

Later the 1985 Dodge ram charger he got,,,,,, that was a mess of epic proportions, and it should never have sold to anyone.
Really my friend should NOT buy used cars CUZ he is NO GOOD at it, the same also apply thge the Mercedes wagon he drive now, which he for unknown reasons got instead of a brand new / few years old Dacia wagon he had which was 0 problems and 0 owner costs.
Mercedes already cost him a ton of money he do no longer have as the rest of his inheritance was sunk into that and a Yamaha motorcycle that worked for a year and now collect dust in his garage with what we assume is a brokem CARB.

O and did i forget to mention gasoline price here, well very - very far from the cheap stuff Americans put in their cars.

I guess some people never learn; I suppose the poor guy doesn't have a wife to reel him in, haha.

Oh crap; now you got me started... :) Gas here is around $4; it was around $3 when Trump left office. At one point, the Biden price was over $5; when it went down to $4.50 after he siphoned off most of the reserves (NOT what the reserves was intended for), he said "Look what I did!"

nope like me, having a significant other is,,,,,,,, well it would be hard, but for sure doable, but neither of us can do with regular CUZ we are not regular ourself.
For one thing we demand a extreme high level of trust, something many others seem to cut corners with in many aspects, we dont really have any corners at all.

Also why i just have that one friend, i find it extremely hard to find others to slap that moniker on.

My last girlfriend, well just turned a corner, it is 40 years ago.

EDIT: Gasoline here is 7.5 USD / gal and it have absolutely no tie to red / blue - left / right being in charge.

Last edited:
Well put; congrats on the 40! Here, we're 30-something; she made us get married on the first of a month so I would be less likely to forget it.

My video is performing better than usual; got 1 dislike though. People should have to give a reason before hitting the dislike button. If I knew what was disliked (and if it was a legit dislike), I might be able to improve for the next upload. I'm working on the latest GoPro footage now; it took me over two years to catch up with that. After the next comp (#43, which will be a short one), I'll step back in time to the first BlackVue footage (to late 2018) from the 2005 MINI Cooper Sport, and later the 2019 Ranger. The BlackVue (with rear cam) requires a different workflow, which I'll have to figure out. The GoPro (1080p, 60 fps, medium FOV) worked well. I'm not looking forward to that backward step (to 30 fps) with combination of "4k" front and reverse-image 1080p rear. I'm probably not going to try to fit the rear video on a cheezy representation of the rear view mirror. Even Volvo Dashcam's implementation of that seems a little off to me.

Well maybe it was for the better me and Stina broke up, later she became one of the foremost taekwondo fighters here, and with my class back then, she would probably have had to kick my ass on a regular basis.

Back