Dashcam Georgia (DGA) Compilation (?) 43

That first clip, you would assume there was a NO Left turn sign at the exit of that place, CUZ that sure was unfortunate. ( i see double full yellow lines though, so yeah maybe not need to be a sign there )

That car overtaking in the rain just to instantly turn Right, i am pretty sure behind you there was like 1(8 mile of empty lane, i do dislike when people pull stuff like that.
Yellow flashing arrow,,,,,, well if it had been me, i would have been the same, CUZ that is something i am not familiar with from home, CUZ here it is a solid green arrow, there is no red or yellow arrows here, also here the green arrow it is a single light by the side of the regular red / yellow Green tree.

I think ours make more sense as the green arrow ( L or R ) is a extra thing, so it is beside the 3 regular lights in a intersection, though they can work together and so you can have green for going strait like in PIC, but the traffic the other way they should have a red light so you can turn left on your green arrow just fine.
The norm however is the green turn light come on on its own and the light for traffic going strait will be red, and so if you want to turn you can.
The light in the picture clearly traffic going the other way do NOT have a green L turn arrow right there, in the old days they use to work in pairs, but these says with smart sensors traffic lights that is not always the case.
I am pretty sure if you have a green light you can go on your merry way and not having to look for any traffic to yield to

iu

Just like we also have the little red / yellow / green lights that only apply to cyclists.

So for instance here, the light for the pedal pushers will change to red before the R turn green arrow would come on. The light for strait car traffic might still be green though, again smart sensores traffic lights, some times smart some times pretty GD annoying.
If there cyclists must obey their little lights, if not there they must obey the big lights.
In the old days cyclists was smarter and so we did not need stupid BS like that, but Danes are not getting smarter, at least not in the eyes of those with their hands on the tax money.

iu

Also in the picture above, note there is light ( same ) on both the near and far side of the intersection, to me that is a blatant misuse of public funds, CUZ why the hell would you need that.
You have a light right there in your face, why the hell would you need another one just like it 20 M further away. :mad:

Last edited:
First Clip: Yes, people turn left out of the gas station all the time. The double-yellow line only indicates no-passing zone. The zoning approval for that particular gas station should have included a no-left-turn sign IMO, but politicians like tax revenue and probably would not want to upset the station owner, otherwise, fewer left-turning idiots to pay for their cheap gasoline. ;)

Car Overtaking in the Rain: Agreed; that's a pretty good sign that this person is rude to others all of the time, whether driving or not.

Yellow-Flashing Light: They started installing those a couple years ago here in Cobb County (and Metro Atlanta, I think). That particular intersection was a good place to put one of those. But, there are other intersections where they could be used (excellent sight distance), but for whatever reason (perhaps $$$), chose not to.

For bikes, the law here is that bikes must obey all of the vehicle road signs and traffic signals. Except for the extra cost, I like the idea of the small fixture for bikes, but then, a DUI person (in a vehicle) might confuse the two. :|

Yellow flashing arrow,,,,,, well if it had been me, i would have been the same, CUZ that is something i am not familiar with from home, CUZ here it is a solid green arrow, there is no red or yellow arrows here, also here the green arrow it is a single light by the side of the regular red / yellow Green tree.
Several European countries do use yellow flashing to indicate give way, never seen them in arrow form, but the give way / yield meaning is the same.
In UK, I think we only ever use flashing yellow to say: give way to pedestrians.

We do not need that for the pedestrians, at least not as long as there is a crosswalk painted on the ground, but even in other places where there is nothing on the ground you are supposed to give way.

Like for instance you come from a side road, and want to turn onto the other road, not only do you have to watch traffic on the road, if there is a pedestrian coming, the corners of that crossing is regarded as a unofficial crosswalk.
And as i recall those corners mentioned, well not just between them crossing your path, but say a pedestrian want to cross the road you want to get onto, well then that corner are still regarded as a natural crossing place.
And if there also is a bicycle path there, which you of course must also cross to get onto the other road, well you better yield to them too, or prepare to take your driving exam again as a minimum.

As it can be seen in my last picture, well many pedestrians do not give a damn, like for instance in sensored intersections, they will have to press a button to get green light, but if they arrive too late for that and so have a red light, well when the light for cars turn green they will cross anyway.
And TBH i can not blame them. 9 out of 10 times i hate sensored intersections, they bring so much bad with them outside of the huge additional price establishing them.

Last edited:
Hehe yeah that opening clip is stunning, one of those days where you wish you had a train horn on the car.
I am 100 % OK with some intersections being programmed bad, and so not least old people will get caught out,,,,,, i do not at all like old people being caught out in any way any where..

I was surprised that YouTube did not flag the background music that happened to be playing on the radio. It was somewhat lucky-appropriate for the clip.
Yeah, I don't recall showing any challenged senior citizens; I'd like to think that I've not shown those. Un-challenged senior citizens, though, are fair game. :)

Back