Dashcam paid off today!

In a situation like this in Alberta, Canada; I wouldn't be able to report any car behind me since no front plates.
I do like the car's look of no front plates in our province. But in situations like this one, yeah, I wish we do!

To me it simply looked like the taxi driver simply thought you were trying to cut in, probably not even aware of you pulling left to let the ambulance through and given that you can understand why he is annoyed with you.

As far insurance scam and accident, think that’s your imagination going wild. An accident is the last thing a taxi driver wants, you’re forgetting that that is his livelihood, where his money comes from. Even the simplest of accidents are investigated and he’s not allowed to drive until both the investigation has finished and the cab has been repaired, so no income for what could be weeks.

If you have reported it then I hope for the taxi drivers sake that the people reviewing it can see that you have made a mountain out of a mole hill, my opinion obviously.

To me it simply looked like the taxi driver simply thought you were trying to cut in, probably not even aware of you pulling left to let the ambulance through and given that you can understand why he is annoyed with you.
I'm not convinced that the taxi driver even knew that the camera car was going to move into his lane at the time he decided to speed up. Like you suggest, I suspect this is more of an imagined incident than a real one. The ambulance was long gone by the time the incident happened so the taxi driver likely didn't expect anything unusual.

Once in the wrong lane, it might have been wise to continue to the next junction and then turn back. It is almost always doing unexpected/unplanned things that leads to accidents.

The urge to do something stupid and dangerous, and often too late, once you have realized you made a boo - boo in traffic, are great.
As said what you should do is carry on, do a 180 in a safe place, and then get back on track, or just let your Nav unit reroute you,,, which at least here in Denmark do not mean a HUGE detour.

Who has quit the forum?
Hopefully no one has!

One of the advantages of dashcams is that you can review what happened and gather opinions and advice from others. Sometimes they will match your opinions, sometimes they won't, but hopefully you can learn something from the responses.

Sometimes recorded video can be misleading. If you find that others don't see what you wanted them to see, maybe that is not good video for reporting driving standards, whatever actually happened and whoever was actually at fault!

Always do your best to avoid accidents, even if they are someone else's fault.

Hopefully no one has!

One of the advantages of dashcams is that you can review what happened and gather opinions and advice from others. Sometimes they will match your opinions, sometimes they won't, but hopefully you can learn something from the responses.

Sometimes recorded video can be misleading. If you find that others don't see what you wanted them to see, maybe that is not good video for reporting driving standards, whatever actually happened and whoever was actually at fault!

Always do your best to avoid accidents, even if they are someone else's fault.

I commented on how I saw it and still maintain that it was a mountain out of a molehill and worse it was report to the company that manages black cab licenses.

If my comments weren’t what the OP was expecting then not too sure what to say except maybe you shouldn’t post for comments on a public forum. Years ago a Quality Auditor once told me if you’re not prepared to accept the answer then don’t ask the question.

Back