New dashcam footage

Mplay020

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I did crop the video a bit to remove the gps data, but thought I post a couple of clips of me being cut off. It’s a viofo a229 plus

Never overtake on a roundabout, then there is no problem and no risk.
Ohh, and do use your indicator lights to let people know which direction you are going to go!

Not much you could do to reduce risk in the first one!

Completely agree about not overtaking on a roundabout. I was just expecting the car to go straight in the second clip as the car was in the right lane and is supposed to go right or straight on the roundabout. Imho I did leave plenty of room to stay out of trouble in case of an idiot driver slowing down and cutting across :)

and is supposed to go right or straight on the roundabout.
I don't know about your law, but she probably had the right to continue around even though she was in the wrong lane, you have to allow for people to do this even if it is unusual. She should have indicated that she was continuing, but if you had hit her, it would have been your fault anyway under our law.

Nothing wrong with your driving in the above clip.

I don't know about your law, but she probably had the right to continue around even though she was in the wrong lane, you have to allow for people to do this even if it is unusual. She should have indicated that she was continuing, but if you had hit her, it would have been your fault anyway under our law.

Nothing wrong with your driving in the above clip.
It is marked on the road before the roadabout that you need to be in the left lane if you want to turn left, although the paint is pretty much faded. I do think it would have been her fault though, not so much because she's taking a left, but because she's cutting into my lane

Hi guys 'n' gals,

It all gets back to the "general public" NOT knowing the "Rules of the Roundabouts."

More instructional videos & testing is required at the license testing venues.

In Australia, people think that the "give way to the right" still applies..... but it DOES NOT pertain to roundabouts.

If you are the1st vehicle to arrive at the roundabout & it's MT, then you are allowed to proceed to your exit lane.
This, of course depends on....if it's a multi lane roundabout where you position your vehicle in the appropriate lane & you must indicate well before entering it & indicating when/where you intend to exit.

As I mentioned....not enough people know the "Rules of the Roundabout."
I've nearly been T-Boned by idiots (mainly 4 x 4's & utes) arriving from the right...well after I've entered the roundabout on many occasions & they have the temerity/hide to beep me for getting in their way..

Absolutely crazy drivers.

Stay safe & be wery, wery cwareful.

Most drivers here never use their indicators so I already take that into account :) If they do, it's usually after they brake, lol.

not so much because she's taking a left, but because she's cutting into my lane
I can only see one lane on the roundabout, so she can't be cutting into your lane! There is no lane divider.

I can only see one lane on the roundabout, so she can't be cutting into your lane! There is no lane divider

You approach this roadabout with two lanes, so it would be weird if it was only one lane on the roundabout itself. I'm pretty sure there used to be deviders but they haven't put new paint.

Back