Dashcamera CPL lens filter Manual adjustment ( How to adjust DIY )

I checked yours before I sent it, think it would be unusual to have moved by exactly 45 degrees, might be worth checking against another monitor, when looking from the camera side it should black out when 90 degrees from the correct position

Geez that was a quick reply, thank you . So the polarised sun glasses showing black on the horizontal would be different from the filter showing black on the horizontal ? So if I use niko's gauge it should show black on the 45% ? Totally confusing myself now which is not to hard lol. I guess I might have been expecting too much when I tried the filter out which made me think it required adjusting , I made one up for the Mini 0805 that did a mighty job but I must admit I never compared the night shots with other camera footage. I realise you have compromised the filter so that the night footage on your cameras is at it's best, Just a thought could you make a darker filter for old age pensioners that don't go out at night ? ( only joking, ha ha ). Sorry ,I did not realise you had already tested it. I do have a Dell laptop and the Mrs has a Hp windows computer but not sure what polarisation they are.

Not sure about the glasses, if you have an LCD TV is usually better, not aware of any that use 45 degree, computer screens though it seems fairly common

Thanks, I went back out to the car and without putting the camera on the mount I just held it, made it easier to adjust. I did the white paper test and adjusted the filter until it was as faded as possible. I went back to the computer and sure enough it was darkest on the horizontal, don't know if can improve it now the paper reflection is at its lowest. Do you think the thicker mount will give me more adjustment with the lens ?

Might try that, thanks for all your help. Hopefully I have got the filter adjusted correctly,that will teach me to leave things alone. I look forward to the pensioners filter ha ha.

Back