DDPai M6+ Android connection issues

So, connection working all OK, once the Phone's data is switched off.

Pictures and videos downloading automatically when connected. - Not exactly quick, but acceptable - if you have a few saved - start it before you stop!
No apparent ability to stream saved videos (as indicated on Techmoan's review with an iPhone - or was that another model?!)
Occasionally app dies when driving (auto cut off to prevent distraction or Android flakyness?)

No vibrations - very firm fitting.

GPS Map isn't great - see Sunday's drive from Yorkshire to London....

M6Plus%20GPS%20Error_small.png

My secret lair exposed!
Mine's the damp looking Lotus Esprit...

Pictures and videos downloading automatically when connected. - Not exactly quick, but acceptable - if you have a few saved - start it before you stop!
No apparent ability to stream saved videos (as indicated on Techmoan's review with an iPhone - or was that another model?!)
Occasionally app dies when driving (auto cut off to prevent distraction or Android flakyness?)

Shame of its gps function,could you share its raw videos to us,and we ask DDPAI have a check of it?

Same as DDPAI feedback to other users,its new app will solve its gps map problem!and its new app will release about this weekend,please wait us for few days more!

Same as DDPAI feedback to other users,its new app will solve its gps map problem!and its new app will release about this weekend,please wait us for few days more!
Good news about the GPS fix.
The main issue outstanding is that to commence download of videos/snapshots, I have to still switch off Phone data. (Android). As I often stream BBC Radio iPlayer while driving, this has to be done when I arrive at my destination, which is inefficient, and not always possible.
The App needs to manage Android's need to toggle to 3G/4G data and maintain an internet connection AND a WiFi connection to the camera.

I think this is more of an Android issue than the app itself
On my Android handset I have turning mobile data off wasn't sufficient. If I put the handset into Airplane Mode and then enabled Wifi I could connect, byt I was still prompted for the Wifi key even though I had connected before.

Once connected, I could see several thumbnails corresponding to times I'd pressed the snapshot button. It looked like the phone was downloading the videos, but eventually gave up and reported a message like "Failed to download xxxxx.mp4", and I didn't get any route overview maps downloads either.

Not sure how best to proceed here - is the unit faulty or just temperamental with android handsets?

from experience I would say it's just the app, I've yet to see a really good dashcam app for Android, they're the worst for this, even most of the iOS apps are ok but not great, very few have decent apps for both platforms

Switched to using an iPhone 5 and a Wifi only iPad.
Did a hard reset on the camera to reset the wifi key to 1234567890.
Connected the ipad first, was able to connect to the camera, but iPad unable to play any MP4's :-(
Then switched to the iPhone, connected okay, but still unable to download any captured video.

If the switch off the car and return a few minutes later, neither device is able to reconnect to the Wifi. I have to "Forget" the connection and then manually reconnect.

I'm beginning to think that the unit is faulty... Is anyone else have similar issues?

Good Afternoon.
I'm having trouble in connecting my Samsung s4 to the cam via wifi,its not showing the dashcam on the wifi settings.
any ideas please..thanks.

Last edited:
Good Afternoon.
I'm having trouble in connecting my Samsung s4 to the cam via wifi,its not showing the dashcam on the wifi settings.
any ideas please..thanks.
You need to disable mobile data.
Android phones don't like WiFi connections that don't have internet

cheers for the reply.got it all working but how do i keep the dashcam wifi on in the house because after a few minutes it turns the cam off and the house wifi restarts up.
Do i just need to permanently turn the house wifi off to stop it from restarting,is it as easy as that?

Last edited:
Back