Defaults reset (latest Jan 24 2018 firmware)

@Helle85

and there is another possibility for the setting reset when vehicle parking:
the built-in RTC battery need 2 hours to be full recharged, if you drive very short everyday, the battery may not be full recharged, so the camera will lost setting when parking without hardwire kit; just as Joiin have expounded.

So there is a built-in battery. It's the official statement of MEG.

Edit to add: maybe that battery is dead or unable to charge? Maybe that's the actual cause of the default/factory reset issue?

I install the hardware kit WITHOUT parking installation (yellow and red to 12V ignition) and drive every day 1 hour to work nonstop and lost also my settings.
Cannot imaging thats the reason...

What do you want to "charge" without battery? The capacitor? 2 Hours?

That's what they told me... If it's still doesn't work they said they gonna maybe replace the cam.

"charge" without battery?
Small tablet battery for saving settings, capacitor for saving correct last file.
Now I am not sure which stay in 0906. But in 0903 was MS621FE.

Okay, maybe, but you cannot charge these type of battery I think!?

I've charged on portable USB battery charger in home or in car plus at least once or twice a week I drive for long distances and still resets. In fact in longer drives I noticed another problem but that's another story (dash cam overheats and reboots over and over - so have since set the screen to turn off after 30secs - hasn't happened anymore).

So I don't think its a charging issue. It has happened after having it fully charged connected to Anker 10000mAh USB Power Bank.

It seems the resetting issue is a well know problem, I guess it is related to hardware problem and can't be solved.

Really? You want to say that a product was released without any long term tests?
Bacause thats what it is! A STANDARD "FEATURE" LIKE SAVE THE SETTING DOESNT WORK IN 2018??????? WTF!

And the develepors anounce a NEW hardware kit that we should buy instead to update/or solve the problem in the old version!

Ridiculous!

Thanks for the report! Looks like I should buy another camera. I still have some old 805 and 806 and looking for a new dashcam.

I really wanted this camera since I think its the only capacitor dual channel model with a ton of features. I ordered it last night from newegg, but I'm in the process of cancelling my order because of all the firm ware issues and now it seems that this might even be a hardware issue with no remedy at hand, from what I've read so far. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this gets resolved and then I would definitely order again.

Back