Did I do anything wrong?

Rajagra- Yea I really wished I had a rear camera to see where he came from. Considering all the traffic was red he what? turned right on red and gunned to 80 and I cut him off? I did stop and look before I moved on to the road there wasn't anybody moving so I have no clue. I've been driving for 10 years and never had a ticket and only been pulled over once and given a verbal warning and I try and be a safe driver. We had to get over to the far left lane past the intersection that's why I moved to the middle lane but still unless he was going 100+ I don't see how I could have cut him off by going 50. If I can save up some more I'll probably get another SG9665GC for the rear for situations like this. I just remembered I did see him in my rearview mirror right before he got on my left and rev bombed me so I didn't flinch when he did it. Granted idk how that would work out if I wasn't expecting it and got startled and swerved into him.

Gibson- Don't know if you remembered but this is adalex from the TN forums :p I talked to you when I saw your accident and that's what got me in to the dash cams :p. In retrospect I just should have gone right at the light just to avoid him and gone around since we were furniture shopping and there was a store straight past the overpass.

Guess that makes 3 of us in TN.

He was probably going extremely fast, you pulled over to the middle very quick after turning right, I bet you cut him off. Now he was probably breaking the speed limit but for your own benefit it will be worth spending a little more time before changing lanes. bikes are hard to judge distances and speed, you admitted you didn't even see him, the concern would be someone going even faster or perhaps even closer when you turned, I don't think I could have judged his speed in that time so its one to learn from.

He was probably going extremely fast, you pulled over to the middle very quick after turning right, I bet you cut him off. Now he was probably breaking the speed limit but for your own benefit it will be worth spending a little more time before changing lanes. bikes are hard to judge distances and speed, you admitted you didn't even see him, the concern would be someone going even faster or perhaps even closer when you turned, I don't think I could have judged his speed in that time so its one to learn from.
if that's true what took the biker so long to come up beside the OP?

if that's true what took the biker so long to come up beside the OP?

I can answer that question since I consider myself a forensic examiner (read a lot of Conan Doyle stories). From the evidence at hand, the OP didn't notice that when he cut over to the middle lane, a motorcyclist was already occupying the lane. He was on his way home after getting milk for his newborn baby, the wife had died giving birth to that child, their first. The motorcyclist delayed passing to the left of OP for a few seconds to see if OP was going to cross over another lane. He didn't want to leave the newborn as an orphan, hence the delay.

lol, I was going to say we cant be sure without a rear camera but if I were to guess based on a number of assumptions, id say he was getting is stuff together

Lets assume for a second the bike was going significantly faster than the car at the time the car switched lanes, I think that's a fair assumption based on the speed he went off at. So his bombing along when the car pulls out in front of him, he drops the anchor, spends a moment or two getting his act together and cleaning his underwear, then pulls along side and Perhaps he pulled along side earlier and tried to wave his attention, when that failed he reved the crap out of his bike.

From a bikers perspective, cars pulling out without looking (keep in mind the driver admitted he didn't see him) are a real problem, it doesn't excuse him acting like an idiot but it does make sense. Its just a lesson to learn imo, biker needs some anger management classes (and possibly learn the speed limits), car driver needs some more experience.

my point was the fact that I stopped and looked to my left and all the traffic was stopped. I didn't see him because he wasn't there when I pulled out on to the road. unless he was speeding up to the light and it turned green and he blew through that speeding too but I couldn't have seen him at that point anyways since he would have been behind other cars that were stopped at the redlight.

For reference if anybody was curious
https://www.google.com/maps/place/7...2!3m1!1s0x88c2e4613f683dcb:0x7132917182e2e466

the outlet at the strip mall to the left is where I was. and as I said the light just north of that was red for the north and southbound traffic.

Dee- I looked in the rear view mirror probably about 10 seconds before he pulled to my left and rev bombed me. I didn't hear him before that and he never tried to wave. I looked and he was there and then 3 seconds later he pulled up and revved and starting cussing and then sped off. I didn't see any reason to check my rear view mirror since the traffic was stopped and nobody was moving so if the light did turn green they would be coming up from behind and would just pass me normally and besides the fact that it took 10 seconds for him to "appear" out of nowhere and rev bomb me. If you look there's one car that comes up on us but the biker had slowed down. I wish I had kinda followed the other car to ask him if he saw where the biker came from.

Last edited:
He may have 'goosed' it when the light turned green, covering quite a bit of ground from the time you saw the stopped traffic.

I had a situation kind of like this on my bike. I accelerated pretty hard when a light turned green because I saw oncoming traffic that was probably going to go straight through the intersection, and I needed to make a left turn.
It wasn't all that dramatic, no sound barrier broken, but I was concentrating on making the left turn before the oncoming traffic reached the intersection, I didn't noticed the girl running the red light. It was a near miss that left me flopped over in the intersection. My fault? Kind of. Could have avoided it by being more careful, remembering people do run red lights. I was lucky. $600 of body parts that I could bolt on, and no injury to speak of.
This 'rider' seems like a jerk, and like mentioned, he probably won't last long riding bikes.
I just saw another video where bike riders had a confrontation with some rednecks in a pickup truck, and got angry when one of the riders approached the pickup to have a 'discussion' and the driver pointed a gun at him.
:)
Will see if I can find it.

I kind of doubt the group of riders is innocent, but the guy who pulled the gun has some explaining to do.

Last edited:
All I can say is thank goodness guns aren’t available to law abiding citizens over the counter over here,

are there many gun related deaths concerning road rage in the US?

my thought are, if I ever get the opportunity to visit the US, I won’t be saying boo to a fly, its one thing having a shouting match with someone but thinking they might pull a gun at you is another thing completely

Texas :)

I dont think guns in relation to road rage is that bad over there, i assume most know how to be a decent gun owner, to me they kinda have to or it would be murder and mayhem all over the place with all those guns in the hands of Americans.

I am pretty sure if Danes got ther hands on guns we would be ****ed up, i doubt we would be able to handle that.
The Americans on the other hand have decades of practice so they should do better.

I dont fear going toe to toe with a American over there, i just hope if he bust a cap in me they do me the honor of putting me in the ground over there, please dont ship my dead ass home to Denmark.

...are there many gun related deaths concerning road rage in the US?...
I've only heard of two that I can remember, related to road rage that is, and in one case the perpetrator had previous emotional issues so it may have happened anyhow under different circumstances. It's a big country so I'm sure there are more but it's nowhere near as prevalent as the media like it to appear.

I think probably a handful a year get reported as road rage.
There was one in new mexico last year where a child passenger was killed.

i heard of one here in houston. but it wasn't road rage and nobody died (or was even injured, at least by bullets)... some illegal immigrants from mexico were trying to force a man towing a deep-sea fishing boat to pull over on the freeway, presumably to steal his truck/boat. they even tried ramming his truck with their truck but he refused to stop. so then they started shooting at him. he returned fire, blowing out one of their tires. the truck full of mexicans crashed into the barrier and the guy with the boat never stopped till he got to the police station. i know i sure as hell wouldn't have stopped either!

too bad he didn't have a dashcam - that's a video i'd love to see!

Bullet points:
  • Florida. No one drives very good there
  • ...they also never keep right and love riding the left lanes
  • Douchebag on a motocycle

Bullet points:
  • Florida. No one drives very good there
  • ...they also never keep right and love riding the left lanes
  • Douchebag on a motocycle

lol well said I've noticed that all the time about the left lane. I know the left land is supposed to be the "passing lane only" however if somebody rides in it going 70 in a 55, you can bet anything you want that somebody will be riding your a** going faster than 70. I've been in situations where I'm going through a construction zone (45) and I'm going like 4 or 5 over and somebody tailgates me and then have somebody blow by me going like 55-60.

I've been in situations where I'm going through a construction zone (45) and I'm going like 4 or 5 over and somebody tailgates me and then have somebody blow by me going like 55-60.

I know what you mean, on my drive to Italy (from England), I drive on A and B roads though France and Switzerland, I love their county and I’ve not come across very bad drivers, or speeding drivers, maybe a lot to do with the way the French hide speed cameras and the penalty for not observing it

but when I get to Italy, I take the motorways, after 6 years driving to my home there, I find most Italian drivers think they are kings of the road and will risk life and limb, to prove a point, or to get passed you if they think you overtook them to prove your car is faster than theirs.

A few examples, a few years back, the motorway between Bologna and Florence was still only a two lane stretch dating back from the 60’s but since then increase traffic meant that both lanes would have traffic speeding along on them, now this stretch of motorway was full of bends as in the 60’s most of that road followed the contours of the mountain and there were few tunnels. Lorries would be on the near side so most cars were on the out side lane, I still remember me in my Lotus Elise doing between 85 and 90 MPH on the outside lane when I had lights flashing me from behind, so I pull in the the nearside lane with the lorries dropping my speed to about 60mph, what did I see passing me at over 90mph? this Fiat panda 0 to 62 maybe in 3 days :)

taking death deifying bends on the motorway as if his/her life depended on it, Now maybe 90-95% of the motorway from Milan to well passed Eboli (in the south) is all 3 or 4 lanes motorway, and bad driving still hasn’t stopped. whatI’ve discovered is Italians like to tailgate you if they catch up with you, never mind why you can’t go any faster they will be up your ass, and example,

driving along near side lame when the 3 cars in front of me start to move over to the second lane as they come up to a lorry so we all move over and speed up a bit, in doing so we catch up other cars in the second lane so me and the two cars in front of me pull over to the third lane and over take the cars in lane three, when new in lane three catch up to slower moving cars so me and the car in front pull out to the forth lane and overtake, so at this moment in time there are four lanes and everyone is overtaking, no one is hogging in a lane, just that all of us are going faster than the lorries in the near side lane, me being the last car in the forth lane I see this BMW or Audi come right up my a$$ as if I should move out of the way except there is no where to go as all the lanes have slower moving cars, and by now I’m doing around 130Km (in Italy thats the speed limit on 4 lane motorways), the Lotus hasn’t a great top speed but in the right hands (not mine, should be able to do 0 to 62 in around 6 seconds and its as light as a father, so we the lan in front of me clears I floor it hitting 125mph in no time, and then pull in, looking in the rearview mirror I see these BMW’s or Audis only a spec in my mirror, then see them pull in and there’s no one in land 2,3 or 4 for them to overtake, the sad part is that around 2/3 minutes later then will be able to pass me as they have a better top speed, but its fun to leave them standing in the outside lane after they have been flashing their lights to get people to move out of the way

sorry for this long post, maybe didn’t come across as good as if one actually saw these powerful cars flashing away and then left for dead in the outside lane

Last edited:
Why would you directly go into the middle lane?

He may have 'goosed' it when the light turned green, covering quite a bit of ground from the time you saw the stopped traffic.
Yes, bikes can cover a hell of a lot of ground real quick from a standing start.

A lot of car drivers don't understand this.

But the actual problem is that a lot of bike riders don't understand that the car drivers don't understand it.

Back