Disappointed with Viofo for Abandoning A129 Duo Owners

This isn't the Viofo customer support page, but a public dashcam forum where users can give their opinions and knowledge based on experiences and what they've read from other user's experiences.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
There is only 1 person on here that works for Viofo.

It's not about bad feedback either, but feedback on which help can be offered or considered.
No I don't work for any dashcam manufacturer.
""Tester of Nextbase cams, Viofo cams and helper for the Viofo DCTeam. Test & Review for Viofo, Nextbase, BlueSkySea, Vantrue, Z-Edge, Vava, Oumax, & Conbrov
YouTube Channels: https://tinyurl.com/ydy63s62 or https://tinyurl.com/y748ebjs or https://tinyurl.com/y6vndfgj""
your just helper and Tester ! that makes sense!

I don't work for any of them as I said earlier.

When (as others have), I test a dashcam I will say if its good or bad.

The bit in dark blue? I try out firmware for BCHobbyist when he does them and no, he does not work for any dashcam maker either.

If something I find is wrong, poor or whatever, I say that.

Thanks for the YouTube links though.

I don't work for any of them as I said earlier.

When (as others have), I test a dashcam I will say if its good or bad.

The bit in dark blue? I try out firmware for BCHobbyist when he does them and no, he does not work for any dashcam maker either.

If something I find is wrong, poor or whatever, I say that.

Thanks for the YouTube links though.
I appreciated your clarifications!

I don't blame you, cowboy! freebies! ignorant!

Yes, name calling will get you far in life!

First off, you posted with an A129 PRO problem in the A129 DUO forum/thread. Go start a new thread in the appropriate section.

Second, you're slandering MULTIPLE users when you don't know a single thing about what any of them do, or how much support they have provided this forum. Just because someone is a dash cam tester does not make them a shill for a certain company.

If you want help, simply ask for it. The way you're going about things though is simply appalling. Give your head a shake.

your another tester freebie from Viofo great team here!

I just don't get your attitude on this.

The more people who use a device, the faster bugs can be squashed, improving the device.

There are 2 roads that a company can take:

1) Get everything right with a small group of testers, and release a perfect product that lags the release of current tech by months, while competitors get the jump. This is the road Street Guardian take.

2) Release your device with primary functions working, and then sort out the bugs after release. This is what most manufacturers do. Some don't bother with follow-up, some have haphazard follow-up, and some have reasonable follow-up.

I'm not saying one or the other is the right or best way to run your business, and often it's a mixture of both roads, but I'd be pretty annoyed if a user finds a bug and takes your attitude and doesn't report it, only to have that bug affect my dash cam when I need it most.

1) Get everything right with a small group of testers, and release a perfect product that lags the release of current tech by months, while competitors get the jump. This is the road Street Guardian take.

2) Release your device with primary functions working, and then sort out the bugs after release. This is what most manufacturers do. Some don't bother with follow-up, some have haphazard follow-up, and some have reasonable follow-up.
Given a choice between 'getting it fast' or 'getting it right' that's a no-brainer decision - right is right.

I'm currently dealing with some Wyze products that were released to the public long before the software/firmware was ready and it's been painful to say the least. On the other hand I've been running a SGX2PRO/PRO+ camera since September last year without a single problem - hardware or firmware. The one time I thought there was an issue it turned out to be a faulty micro SD card. I'll take that anytime compared to getting a product before it's ready.

Given a choice between 'getting it fast' or 'getting it right' that's a no-brainer decision - right is right.

But there's a fine line between making people wait for the 100% product, and losing them because they suddenly have a need.

The biggest problem with SG is they announce a new product way to soon, so people hold off buying until the new product is ready. By the time the new product is ready to be shipped, they announce the next best thing ...

People decide to buy something like the a129 when their current dashcam fails, with intentions to buy the quality product when it lands, but find they are happy with the a129, so wait for the next quality product that's just been announced.

Now ... the SG team aren't stupid, and they have made the decision that quality is the road to travel. It's the same reason there exists $20 drills, and $300 drills that do the same basic job. There will always be those that prefer to buy a quality product, even if it means waiting for a bit.

I'll take that anytime compared to getting a product before it's ready.

Some companies do ship way to early. I've had a couple of minor issues with the a129 that were resolved without interfering with my needs. One such issue really affected another users use scenario though.

I made the mistake of talking about one product we were working on when I thought it was close, things happen and we had to delay it, have a few products in progress at the moment but we no longer share details until first production is underway, I've pulled products off the market before and it's a costly exercise, having it out there when it shouldn't be can cost a lot more though

I've pulled products off the market before...
That was what brought Street Guardian to my attention as a company I want to deal with. A philosophy like that will likely never make you the biggest company in the world (too many people want 'cheap' versus 'good') but it will certainly make you well respected.

I made the mistake of talking about one product we were working on when I thought it was close, things happen and we had to delay it, have a few products in progress at the moment but we no longer share details until first production is underway, I've pulled products off the market before and it's a costly exercise, having it out there when it shouldn't be can cost a lot more though

Always a fine line between rushing an item to the market and making the item truly ready for prime time. Even the best beta testing won't catch every bug. That being said, the only way people come across problems is through every day use. If that guy sees a genuine problem, then all he has to do is post it. If others confirm, then its up to X manufacturer (Viofo, etc) to issue a resolution.

I'd hate to be in your shoes when a product gets pulled.. Ugh bet that isn't cheap!

it's not just the actual cost of the product but there's months of work beforehand that costs money that we never recover

Well Research and Development might not be a total wash. Sometimes a "bad product" is salvageable with a few modifications. And other times (Takata Airbag), the product is just a plain mess.

Well Research and Development might not be a total wash. Sometimes a "bad product" is salvageable with a few modifications. And other times (Takata Airbag), the product is just a plain mess.
we've had some of each, sometimes it's something you can fix, sometimes it's cheaper to give up, everything is a learning experience though and even the failures can be beneficial for things you do later

we've had some of each, sometimes it's something you can fix, sometimes it's cheaper to give up, everything is a learning experience though and even the failures can be beneficial for things you do later

The history of flight saw far more failures than successes in the beginning. And while failures are never the intended outcome, they do serve as a good learning experience.

1578099240122.png 1578099252613.png 1578099483772.png

Its been a couple months since I have logged on here. Any news on an update? The gsensor parking mode sensitivity issue wasnt fixed since the last time I was here but now there seems to be talks of a double frame issue? Can someone elaborate for me? I may have to check some footage to see if I suffer from the same issue

Its been a couple months since I have logged on here. Any news on an update? The gsensor parking mode sensitivity issue wasnt fixed since the last time I was here but now there seems to be talks of a double frame issue? Can someone elaborate for me? I may have to check some footage to see if I suffer from the same issue

Every 92 frames, rear camera duplicates a frame. Front will randomly drop a frame. These issues remain unresolved as the problem lies in the SDK kit and Viofo doesn't develop their own. So they'd need to pressure SDK developer to resolve the issue, and it appears, that isn't being done.

Last edited:
They can bring it to the attention of the SDK maintainer, but they are but one customer using the SDK. There is only so much pressure they can apply.

They can bring it to the attention of the SDK maintainer, but they are but one customer using the SDK. There is only so much pressure they can apply.

Streetguardian took control and devlopes their own. Viofo can very easily demand that a resolution be created to the problem. It's not a minor bug, but one that affects their whole A129 Duo product line. Either that or tell the developer they'll go elsewhere. Plenty of people out there to resolve coding issues and that will gladly take on a project for money. You make it sound like Viofo has no choice here.

Back