Disassembly ( Inside ) Mini 0803

Thanks for the teardown. Future battery changes will be pretty simple or swapping one for a capacitor.

That space looks pretty tight for a capacitor. Anyone know of one that'll fit?

I'm sure I could find something that fits, provided it has just enough power to shut down cleanly and keep date/time.

Also a mod could be, remove the battery put a small hole and use some double core wire and use a capacitor external to the device and hidden in the vehicle.

Last edited:
Hope you bent the pins back on the board before assembly :)

Also impossible to put the CMOS on a longer cable like mobius as it's mounted directly on the pcb.

Also impossible to put the CMOS on a longer cable like mobius as it's mounted directly on the pcb.

U have good eyes ;)
Yes, one pin I accidentally bent when opening, but for sure I bent it back before putting all together.

I notice that you have one with 1080p written on it and clear lens, my 2nd one is like that, both of mine are E-PRANCE from same seller,
What manufacturer is yours?

I notice that you have one with 1080p written on it and clear lens, my 2nd one is like that, both of mine are E-PRANCE from same seller,
What manufacturer is yours?

0803 all comes from the one factory. There are few trading companies and resellers like E-Prance, Foxoffer, DiggCams, MegTech, Chelong, and so on, who order different silk printed logoes for different markets. Thats the only difference. Other than that they are all the same.
Mine came from DiggCams.

I have 2 E-PRANCE with different silkscreen and 2 different lenses.

I have 2 E-PRANCE with different silkscreen and 2 different lenses.
I guess you bought them at different time, not at one time, right ?

Bought from E-PRANCE/Amazon direct, within a day of each other, both 8gb with GPS
Probably they had different stock.

Is there any issue with them, what is your concern ?

Probably they had different stock.

Is there any issue with them, what is your concern ?
Not sure which is better lens, maybe they are using old spare 0801 lens/casing on some 0803?

are they both Micro USB?

all 0801 cases are Mini USB

0801 used a different lens to either of the two lenses used on the 0803 cameras

Micro USB, but I have seen 1 0801 with a Micro USB lol, maybe a clone...
Odd why they printed 1080p on there.

I notice you commented on another thread that you know of 2x different lens for 0803, which is the better lens?

Micro USB, but I have seen 1 0801 with a Micro USB lol, maybe a clone...
Odd why they printed 1080p on there.

I notice you commented on another thread that you know of 2x different lens for 0803, which is the better lens?

A7LA30 version only supports 1080p so it's logical for them to have some housing to suit 0803 with this printed on, some customers have ordered that version

which lens is better is subjective, I feel one is better than the other, others may have different opinions but that's ok, not everyone looks for the same thing from a camera

Having two 0803 in hand with different lenses its easy to do side by side night n day test, put together into one synchronised video and see a difference, simple like ABC ;)

I have 2 vehicles, A Mercedes ML Class with top tint and Solar Control Screen and a BMW 5 Series with normal windscreen, I was wondering which one to put in which vehicle, as Mercedes has a darker windscreen I thought about using clear lens?

A7LA30 version only supports 1080p so it's logical for them to have some housing to suit 0803 with this printed on, some customers have ordered that version

which lens is better is subjective, I feel one is better than the other, others may have different opinions but that's ok, not everyone looks for the same thing from a camera

Back