Display on all the time.

Whitster

Reaction score
Country
United States
What is the menu/item that determines if the display is on or off all the time?

I understand that a short press on the on/off button will enable or disable the display with the recorder still running, but I want to make the 'display off' to be the default config upon power up, then if I want it on I can always press the on/off button for a short display.
The camera on my Taco is off all the time which is what I want, however the one on the Highlander is on all the time.
I've compared the settings side-by-side and they SEEM to be the same, but I'm missing something.

Last edited:
It will always come on for some period of time before going off depending on what screen saver setting you choose

It will always come on for some period of time before going off depending on what screen saver setting you choose

OK, I guess I never associated 'screen saver' with that function.

Thanks,

My GT680W has Screen Saver and GPS Screen Saver settings. The Screen Saver settings are off/1/3/5/10 minutes and I use 3. The GPS Screen Saver settings are On/Off speed warning and I have it off. The GT680W is wired to a circuit that energizes with the ignition. It turns on, displays for three minutes, then shuts off the display and continues to record with blinking LED as confirmation. When I pull the key, the LED pauses with a longer on blink and shuts down.

Once I had the GPS Screen Saver set to "On" and the display never turned off. Don't ask me.

I have three different dash cams and have similar menus, settings and nuances that required trial and error for my desired configuration and I just ordered another GT680W to replace the one without display.

Yeah, that did it, thanks...as always.

Back