Do I need to update firmware on new dash cam? and install 64GB chip?

Rocko Pet

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just purchased a A118-C 1080p HD Dash Camera w/ Capacitor, do I need to update firmware, or should the firmware it came with work (purchased 2/22/15)?

I know it says 32GB max memory chip, is there a work around to get a 64GB chip work?

Any Dashcam viewer software recommendations (virus free)?

Thank you,
D

will have the latest firmware already, 64gb might work already, just try formatting it in the camera

Regsitrator Viewer is the best, if you don't have a GPS though they're just video files, you can view with any suitable player that will handle MOV files, VLC, Media Player, Quicktime etc

Should have the latest firmware... Best way to see if a 64gb work is to format it in the dashcam, if that doesn't work, try formatting it on your computer using exFAT or NTFS (not sure which format is correct...) And just use VLC or MPC or whatever works to view the video on your computer. If it's in .MOV, VLC, MPC, and Quicktime will definitely work.

Thank you jokiin and runtohell,
I'll put the 64gb in the unit and format, I'll try NTFS if offered. If that don't work I try Panasonic's SD/SDCHC/SDXC memory card formatting software which I use for formatting my chips for camera, DS games, etc. Link below or Google: Panasonic formatting
http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/sd/download/

Very popular formatter in the gaming community.

Back