DO NOT BUY FROM GEARBEST !!

when my one and only order from gearbest went awry, they sent me a similar response. I politely countered with:
1. I can open a paypal dispute
2. I can contact my credit card to do a charge back

within 2 days, I had a full refund in my paypal account. :)
Sometimes you just have to call their bluff. :mad:

Good find

pretty much most of these one post 'reviews' have more of the same on other sites from the same author each time, more than a few turn up on the same sites also which leans toward them being directed where to leave their feedback as well I guess

Would still like to know how he 'found' this thread - especially now that the previous GB thread is closed. Too much coincidence for GB themselves not to be involved, either officially or unofficially.

the same users seem to find the same sites in lots of places, it must be some sort of directive

no surprises really

No, not at all, absolutely.

I've spoken of this earlier in this thread, but let's be clear about the relationships Gearbest seeks to establish with reviewers across the web in forums like this and elsewhere. Despite the denials and explanations about motives from some, this is all about PAYMENT for promotional reviews.

gearbest2.jpg

gearbest1.jpg

hadn't seen those pages before but have seen the same type of activity on all sorts of forums all over the web, as you no doubt know in just about any category you can think of there's some sort of enthusiast forum and wherever that is there's some mention of gearbest there and some user reviewing product, maybe getting paid or just getting free product, depends how popular the category is and/or how gullible the reviewer is I guess as to which it is, either way I think they abuse the relationships just about everywhere they go, not only are they playing people but they help bring a false sense of credibility to unwitting consumers and build marketing material for them that they are incapable of generating themselves, equal measures of clever and deception involved on gearbests behalf

The only plausible answer must be huge volume.

they count on it, there are also tax breaks for hitting certain export targets

I met with a large Taobao seller a few years ago, they were one of the biggest sellers on there at the time and did a bunch of different products, their average profit per sale was USD $1

QUOTE="Dashmellow, post: 264409, member: 3107"]I keep wondering how a business model that works on such thin margins can afford to give out thousands and thousands of dollars worth of free products across the web for promotional review. The only plausible answer must be huge volume.[/QUOTE]

Yes , all Chinese online / ebay vendors are going for volume sales ...
This is why SH*t happens from time to time ...
You simply can not offer satisfaction 100% of the time when you sell at such high volume ..
Its this same volume that keeps prices down ...
I can pay $75 for a toy helicopter locally or pick it up VIA China for $25 with free shipping ...
Same goes with Ham radio gear , pay massive dollars locally or buy Cheap from China ... ?
I buy from the same places that the local trade buys from , .....
The other issue is , you can't buy anything in Australia , no one stocks what I want or need ...

I think this thread has run its coarse .. And people are just grinding axes to make dust ..

Perhaps a poll ?
But what would the poll be about ?

they count on it, there are also tax breaks for hitting certain export targets

I met with a large Taobao seller a few years ago, they were one of the biggest sellers on there at the time and did a bunch of different products, their average profit per sale was USD $1
Well I have received samples directly from manufactures as sample so it's not the vendor that pays for it all the time.
Vendor is in the picture but looks like some manufacturers have samples to hand out and they just need that information from vendor so I'm not getting thousands of dashcams, they are samples from manufacturers :D.

A word to all those thinking of ordering from overseas to keep in mind that if there is anything wrong with what you bought... the shipping cost to return/exchange it is on you... which can be as much as the original cost of the item... THINK TWICE before you jump...

Last edited:
Hello all, I had the same problem than the op of this post, My a118C died before 3 days of use!!!! I buy it in Gearbest 60 days ago....

Buy on gearbest 2 years, problems is never was. At once arrived the phone with factory defect (not working button lights), after speaking with customer support - i returned goods, then store offset the cost of sending and sent a replacement.. Of course but lost time is not the fault of the store, this was fault of manufacturer, the store went to my meeting.

SleepYawn02.gif~c200.gif

Buy on gearbest 2 years, problems is never was. At once arrived the phone with factory defect (not working button lights), after speaking with customer support - i returned goods, then store offset the cost of sending and sent a replacement.. Of course but lost time is not the fault of the store, this was fault of manufacturer, the store went to my meeting.

Покупайте на gearbest 2-х лет, проблемы никогда не было. Сразу же прибыл телефон с заводским дефектом (не работает кнопка горит), после разговора со службой поддержки - я возврат товара, а затем сохранить компенсировать стоимость отправки и послал замену .. Конечно, но потерянное время не вина магазина это была вина производителя, магазин пошел к моей встрече.

Посмотрите, как смешно вы звук на вашем языке, что вы написали ... на английском языке

Back