Do you have a Dash Cam that has NEVER had SD Card problems?

The Red Grey SanDisks have been failing me so I recently bought a "High Endurance" SanDisk card that is supposed to be made just for dash cams and surveillance cams. I have a feeling it will disappoint as well.

Despite all the amazing claims SanDisk makes about their High Endurance cards, they have only a two year warranty compared with many of their Extreme and Ultra lines of cards that come with a lifetime warranty (with exceptions).

MB-MC256D_001_Front_Red-2-_w_600.png

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/samsung-microsd-256gb-evo-plus,31773.html

Yikes! For the price of that 256GB card one could buy three Mobius cameras and have 65 dollars left over to invest in microSD cards!
@kamakar1, you should apply to the Danish government for a grant to purchase one for testing purposes! :D

loool :) yeah it is pretty steep compared with the old king of the SD card Gb hill thats 80 dollars for 200 Gb

I assume the Samsung card will fall in line soon, or just collect dust on shelves around the world.

Yikes! For the price of that 256GB card one could buy three Mobius cameras and have 65 dollars left over to invest in microSD cards!

think I'll be waiting a bit before getting one of those for testing, note though that the 200gb card had the same sort of rrp not so long ago and they're down to $79.99 already

I had a 16 GB class 10 Kingston MicroSD card that gave up on me in March. Found that they have lifetime guarantee, obtained a RMA number from them, sent the card to Kingston in the UK and received a replacement a couple of weeks later. Good service, all it cost me was a letter postage stamp!

I just to to the shop where i got mine, wait a fjew min in line with my store RMA number i spend a fjew minutes in front of the computer to get, then give that and broken kingston card to guy behind counter and leave soon after with a brand new Kingston card.

Nothing against Kingston lifetime warrenty service thats for sure.

If you have a dash cam that has never had SD card issues, I would like to hear about it.
yeah the pano X2. launch day product. i run it 24/7 with 128gb sandisk cards. yes 24/7 since its launch. ive replaced my vehicles battery but the cam has still been going strong....

Here is the relevant paragraph from SanDisk's warranty statement in regard to dash cams.

This warranty does not cover use of the Product in connection with the following uses or devices (as determined by SanDisk): (i) normal wear and tear, (ii) video monitoring, security, and surveillance devices, (iii) internet protocol/network cameras, (iv) in-car recording devices/dashboard cameras/black box cameras, (v) display devices that loop video, (vi) continuous recording set top box devices, (vii) continuous data logging devices like servers, or (viii) other excessive uses that exceed normal use in accordance with published instructions.

So hypothetically if I wrote a DOS bat file with something like
Code:
format e: /q |y
copy c:\pictures\*.jpg e:\
sd_killer.bat
and name it sd_killer.bat it'd be self running looping format to erase it then copy pictures, and run the same bat file again until the SD card dies in matter of a few days rather than a few years with real quality SD cards, Sandisk would have to honor it because it was not used for video.

So hypothetically if I wrote a DOS bat file with something like
Code:
format e: /q |y
copy c:\pictures\*.jpg e:\
sd_killer.bat
and name it sd_killer.bat it'd be self running looping format to erase it then copy pictures, and run the same bat file again until the SD card dies in matter of a few days rather than a few years with real quality SD cards, Sandisk would have to honor it because it was not used for video.
Hmmm. I just may do something like that just to see how long it does take to kill a card. :D

Edit: I have a bunch of 1GB SD cards laying around - definitely would not use a BIG card.

For what it is worth my Thinkware F750 dual has been utterly reliable with the supplied 32gb Thinkware branded Micro SD card. Also I swear by Samsung Evo's, I won't buy anything else.

Pretty much every cam ever purchased ...
It comes down to the card you chose , I run Samsung EVO cards exclusively in all my cams and no issues so far

When you talk about the cards you own/try and don't say where you bought it, it really doesn't mean much.

I have used Kingston32Gb and 64Gb and ADATA 64GB and 128GB with my A118 and A118C for many years with no problem ever. I did need to format the 128GB with "Fat32 Formatter" tool (see link below).

I am now using ADATA 128GB with my DDPai M6 Plus for 3 weeks, also with no problems.

Link: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/128gb-cards.18818/

All Class 10 and bought in-store from local retailers:
http://www.ncix.com/detail/adata-premier-microsdxc-uhs-1-u1-0c-106626.htm
http://www.ncix.com/detail/kingston-sdc10g2-64gbcr-64gb-microsdxc-class-b4-117883.htm

When you talk about the cards you own/try and don't say where you bought it, it really doesn't mean much.

even if they do say where they bought it you could go buy one from the same place and still receive something from a different production batch with different controller, different firmware, cards can change a lot even if they look identical

I'm was worried more about whether or not a card may be a forgery/fake, now I have those things that you mention to worry about, LOL!

Never the first non-user-caused problem with Mobius and Transcend UHS1 64GB cards. Often run24/7 under sometimes quite hot conditions with about a year's use on the card. Formatted and tested every couple months, still like new. Given what I've heard this is uncommonly great card performance but I'll get a new one soon anyway. Samsung EVO 32GB was also flawless in this cam but not used long.

Same cards with the same results in my last G1Wc, but the previous one destroyed a new Transcend card when that cam died. Luck of the draw with G1W cams.

Phil

Never the first non-user-caused problem with Mobius and Transcend UHS1 64GB cards. Often run24/7 under sometimes quite hot conditions with about a year's use on the card. Formatted and tested every couple months, still like new. Given what I've heard this is uncommonly great card performance but I'll get a new one soon anyway. Samsung EVO 32GB was also flawless in this cam but not used long.

Same cards with the same results in my last G1Wc, but the previous one destroyed a new Transcend card when that cam died. Luck of the draw with G1W cams.

Phil

Hi SawMaster. I don't quite understand the first part of the first sentence, but I believe you're saying you have not had any problems with the Transcend UHS1 64 GB cards.
Something I don't know, you said the card is a UHS1 (Ultra High Speed 1) I thought Class 10 was used to designate card speed with "10" being the fastest. Is this wrong way of thinking ?

They're both class 10, I haven't a clue how they name the cards. Looked up what I thought the card was on Banggood and that's what I remember it as being. Class 10 cards work in the vast majority of cams so my one card type fits whatever I'm running, just format in-cam and go.

Phil

Back