Do you have a Dash Cam that has NEVER had SD Card problems?

I have had 1 sandisk card permanently fail in a g1w-c before. besides that, ive had cards in my sgzc12rc and blackvue dr650gw-2ch require formatting. luckily the blackvue every time has an audio alert telling you to check the sd card the few times it has happened. my zc12rc i have no clue how long it wasn't even recording, i have the DVR hidden out of reach so I don't check it as often as I should I suppose. but that only happened once I think

Here's what I use on a daily basis:

iTronics ITB-100HD w/ SanDisk Extreme 32GB (>3 years without issues)
Street Guardian SG9665GC w/ SanDisk Extreme 32GB (>1 year without issues)
Mobius B lens w/ SanDisk Ultra 32GB (>3 years without issues)
Mobius C2 lens w/ SanDisk Ultra 32GB (>1 year without issues)
Xiaomi Yi actioncam w/ Lexar 633x 64GB (>2 years without issues)

I have tested (short term) approx. another 30 dashcams or so to date. I have been using the same Samsung cards (Class 6 16GB and Class 10 32GB EVO) for testing and have had 0 issues in the last 3 years with these 2 cards. I did try out ADATA SD cards, but those failed quickly in a Mini 0806. I have never used Transcend cards.

My recommendation is to stick to 32GB cards and under. I don't believe SDXC (exFAT) is as reliable as SDHC (Fat32) in dashcam applications.

I've had a battery powered Mobius with a 32Gb Sandisk Ultra card that's basically never left my car for almost 3 years and in a wide variety of climates ranging from extreme heat to extreme cold. I've never had a single problem with the cam, battery or card. Ever. I format the card maybe once or twice a year, on average.

The only issue I had (and I thought the cam was bricked) was when I used an older mSetup with a newer firmware. Once I figured that out, it was back to normal. I also have another brand/cam I recently purchased but it's too soon to say much about reliability yet.

I am still on my original 32GB Transcend cards that came with my Panorama IIs cameras. Over two years now and still work fine. I format them in the cameras every now and then...

forgot to mention my dashcam is Anytek A100H

SanDisk SD cards are best avoided for dash cam use. For one thing SanDisk will no longer honor their warranty if you use their cards in dash cams; and for good reason. Good candidates are Transcend, Kingston, PNY, Samsung and a few others.
Transcend excludes life time warranty for write-intensive applications:
Transcend said:
The Limited Lifetime Warranty will not apply to any Transcend memory cards being used in write-intensive applications, including but not limited to (as determined by Transcend): (i) recursive / in-car recording devices, (ii) video monitoring and surveillance devices, (iii) continuous data logging devices like servers, or (iv) other excessive uses that exceed normal use.
My Transcend TS64GSDU1 Class 10 UHS-I Premium SDXC 64GB (300x) died this month after using it 18 months in a Panorama II with parking mode/motion detection always on.

Transcend excludes life time warranty for write-intensive applications:

My Transcend TS64GSDU1 Class 10 UHS-I Premium SDXC 64GB (300x) died this month after using it 18 months in a Panorama II with parking mode/motion detection always on.

That's interesting. Last I checked Transcend did not have language like that in their warranty. So far, in six plus years of dash cam ownership Transcend cards (and Kingston too) have been extremely reliable even when used intensively for years in my vehicle's cameras.

I did have one failure with a brand new Transcend card when it was apparently corrupted by a problematic beta firmware for the new Mobius 2 camera. The card may have had a defect fresh out of the package but that remains to be determined by the camera developer.

Back