DOD LS430W now available?

OK, back to the questions in my post #109 - a comparison between VF/LS300W and LS430W:
  • The mounts of VF300W/LS300W and LS430W are obviously the same, but my selfmade mount is now sitting a bit too firm on the LS 430W, probably due to production tolerances.

• The LS430W is heavier than the VF300W. The metal plate of my selfmade mount is not stiff enough and the new cam now shakes quite hard when driving on bad roads. Will have to make a better base plate.

• The LS430W has a bigger base (with the GPS antenna) and cannot be mounted as high as the VF300W. So it is better visible next to the read mirror than the VF300W if it is left in the car, together with the silver "steal me" ventilation openings.

• The LS430W has MUCH better shielding for electromagnetic waves (see the tin covers in this thread). I had to give up the VF300W as it heavily interfered with my car's sat nav (BMW Z4 E89, CIC) - no chance for a GPS fix as long as the VF300W was on; no success with additional tin foil. The LS430W has absolutely no influence on the car's sat nav.

• The LS430W's viewing angle appears to be wider than the VF300W's viewing angle. This makes it hard to read license plates on cars at the roadside when driving faster than 60 kph, at least in the current overcast and dark weather conditions. The VF300W was ahead in this point, but the LS430W is still much better than the "fake" 0801 I had for a short time last week.

• GPS and Registrator Viewer are working like a charm.
So I am quite happy with the 430W, but I also liked the 300W's smaller and lighter design and the slightly better video quality.

Best regards

Mick

Last edited by a moderator:
After an in-depth comparison, I must admit that video quality was much better with my VF300W. Viewing angle is the same, but I can hardly read license plates of oncoming traffic with the LS430W's footage, even in bright sunlight. Night/low light video quality is even worse, cannot compare with VF300W at all.

As long as you do not need GPS and as long as it does not interfere with your car's sat nav GPS, VF300W is a better choice. In fact, I am quite disappointed.

Last edited:
From Mindfactory:
http://www.mindfactory.de/product_i...DXC-Class-10-Retail-inkl--Adapter_918331.html

Which file system you are using on your ADATA microSD?

Not sure if its still relevant to you, but try to use h2testw on all your cards before using them, just to make sure. Also you can test them now, and if they ar estill 30GB then reformat them with the proper apps. Anyway I've been using that model of ADATA 64GB card for a few months and no issues. Not formatted at all, as it came from factory.

Not sure if its still relevant to you, but try to use h2testw on all your cards before using them, just to make sure. Also you can test them now, and if they ar estill 30GB then reformat them with the proper apps. Anyway I've been using that model of ADATA 64GB card for a few months and no issues. Not formatted at all, as it came from factory.
I tested my (second) new microSD with 64 GB from ADATA (without any changes from me; as it came from factory) with this tool and it has found nothing.
Now the microSD is damaged (after few hours recording)... The same issue as with the other microSDs (30,6 MB).

I use now my old microSD with 32 GB from SanDisk (class 10). :/

Does anyone have the same problem, that the camera sometimes stops recording without any reason?

I have the DOD LS300W. I've had ZERO problems with it and I love it. I thought about getting the newer model but I really don't have the need for a GPS or something that tells me what speed I am going. My car has everything. But I guess, if you need or want all that extra, then the newer model would be right for you. I just wanted a great quality picture. I was sick of using my cell phone video as a dash cam so I made the investment. Best thing I have ever done. I even made a video of all the bad drivers.

I have the DOD LS300W. I've had ZERO problems with it and I love it. I thought about getting the newer model but ...

Good you didn't change the cam. I have both, the vf300w (noname ls300w) and the DoD ls430w. Video quality of 300w is far superior, in particular at night. Only bought the 430w due to GPS issues with my car's sat nav. I will now try to find another place for the 300w without interference to the car's GPS, maybe add internal shielding to the cam.

Best regards

Mick

Hi guys, been following since page 1 and am finally ready to purchase one of these fine car dvrs.
I'm in a dilemma choosing btw the 330 and the 430. from the spec sheets, looks like they are identical, no?

but then as MJ700 mentioned, the ls300w seems to be far more superior in video quality.

I like the attached gps, but definately the video quality is the main priority hence the reason of buying a dvr.

thanks for answering .. :)

With the latest LS430W firmware (New Firmware for DOD LS430W (2014-04-09 EN11) http://dod-tech.co.uk/Download/firmware/ls430w/ls430w_EN_11_201404090_64GBsupport.zip), from here: http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/new-firmware-for-ls430w-and-ls330w.4675/page-2, I cannot disable WDR anymore. The only option is ON.

Also, I serisouly believe there's some issue with the footage, because I get a LOT of noise on it during the night, compared with Techmoans, in similar conditions. Tbh, I see virtually NO noise in his review.

I updated to the latest firmware here before doing a test footage. I previously had a firmware from January 2014 or the like. Any idea about the noise ? Does DOD provide any comments to their firmware updates ? Like "updated quality, fixed X and Y" ?

Techmoan: skip to 8:46

Another reviewer: skip to 8:59

Mine:

(3 minute long, similar lightning conditions throughout)

Similar lightning conditions and yet I have so many artifacts it gets ridiculous at one point. Is there a "preferred firmware" version with an emphasis on video quality ? What firmware do you guys have on it ?

I got this camera from an authorised DOD dealer, here locally (Romania). Could this be a fake ?

Am I crazy here ? Or is the quality not up to par with the other videos of ls430w on youtube ?

With the latest LS430W firmware (New Firmware for DOD LS430W (2014-04-09 EN11) http://dod-tech.co.uk/Download/firmware/ls430w/ls430w_EN_11_201404090_64GBsupport.zip), from here: http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/new-firmware-for-ls430w-and-ls330w.4675/page-2, I cannot disable WDR anymore. The only option is ON.

Also, I serisouly believe there's some issue with the footage, because I get a LOT of noise on it during the night, compared with Techmoans, in similar conditions. Tbh, I see virtually NO noise in his review.

I updated to the latest firmware here before doing a test footage. I previously had a firmware from January 2014 or the like. Any idea about the noise ? Does DOD provide any comments to their firmware updates ? Like "updated quality, fixed X and Y" ?

Techmoan: skip to 8:46

Another reviewer: skip to 8:59

Mine:

(3 minute long, similar lightning conditions throughout)

Similar lightning conditions and yet I have so many artifacts it gets ridiculous at one point. Is there a "preferred firmware" version with an emphasis on video quality ? What firmware do you guys have on it ?

I got this camera from an authorised DOD dealer, here locally (Romania). Could this be a fake ?

Am I crazy here ? Or is the quality not up to par with the other videos of ls430w on youtube ?

I think the lighting conditions are NOT the same in your video. The lamps are different wavelength and power. You'd need to get on a highway that's as well lit as the other vids. They also have slight noise. The darker your scene the more artifacting you will see. I use the original firmware and don't have significant issues. (one thing you can check is the bitrate, to make sure you are recording as advertized)

No one can turn off WDR with factory firmware on these cameras AFAIK.

A daft question and one I've seen hinted at but not actually 100% confirmed anywhere - the DOD LS430W is based around the Novatek NT96650 and AR0330 like all the other clones out there right?

I've seen lots of things saying it's the same as the LS330W which is, but none of the dedicated LS430W posts seemed to say other than it's the Novatek NT96650.

It's just some of the footage I've seen is really sharp!

Hey Bn880,

What firmware version do you have on it ? (you mentioned "original firmware" above).

you have very dirty windscreen, this is reason...

out.php

I don't agree. I used this camera 15 hours a day while I was testing it driving long distances, (now its in my wifes car and back using Jokiin's original camera in the truck) - Daylight and low light the image is very clear and detail is fine, however I do find at night there is noise in the video, even with clean lens and clean screen, however in saying that there may be pitting on outside of the windscreen glass. but that should not make the image like hash tags.
Overall the night view is quite good, but again I feel could be better. also id like to see the firmware redone, with more user options, the screen "speed display" option, DOD should be remove the stupid compass and insert clock. also have a red dot for "recording" on the screen speed display as in the truck you cannot see the LED blinking when its recording. a hot button for "parking mode" and maybe a valet mode for when you vehicle goes in for service or other people are driving. few other points ill post on later.

I've problem with noise too. They are unacceptable.

file.php

Last edited:
the screen "speed display" option, DOD should be remove the stupid compass and insert clock. also have a red dot for "recording" on the screen speed display as in the truck you cannot see the LED blinking when its recording. a hot button for "parking mode" and maybe a valet mode for when you vehicle goes in for service or other people are driving. few other points ill post on later.
Ok but the compass can be useful. I know it came in handy for me several times. So it can still be resized to make room for other things like a clock (though most cars have a clock)

Back