Does anyone do a hardwire kit with adjustable cut off voltage that is 2.5 - 3.0A?

Tritium

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have Azdome M550 which requires 2.5A parking guard hardwire kit.
The genuine kit has a 11.6V cut off and rated at 3A. I feel 11.6v is a little too low if you want to get any longevity out of your starting battery.
Viofo and Street Guardian do kits that have user selectable cut off voltage, but at 2A are underrated for the M550 in parking mode.
I have tried the Viofo HK3 kit which will power the camera when ignition is on but wont keep it going when off and parked.
Any suggestions on kits to use or mods that can be done to existing kits to either boost amperage or make higher amperage units adjustable?

When you used the Viofo kit, did you swap the red and yellow wires? On the Azdome kit, red is for ACC and yellow is for BATT. On the Viofo kit, red is BATT and yellow is ACC.

Good pickup.
I didn't check the little tabs on the wires and notice they were opposite.
I'll see how it goes now.
Cheers

The genuine kit has a 11.6V cut off and rated at 3A. I feel 11.6v is a little too low if you want to get any longevity out of your starting battery.
Viofo and Street Guardian do kits that have user selectable cut off voltage, but at 2A are underrated for the M550 in parking mode.
I have tried the Viofo HK3 kit which will power the camera when ignition is on but wont keep it going when off and parked.
Any suggestions on kits to use or mods that can be done to existing kits to either boost amperage or make higher amperage units adjustable?

Woah man! If you want to have jumper cables or a tow truck on speed dial, set it to 11.6!

12.4 = 75% Battery
12.2 = 50%
12.0 = 25%
11.8 = Dead Battery

11.6...good luck man you're car won't even crank.

Set it to 12.2 = 50%. It'll guarantee a long enough record time but without risking a dead battery. 12.4 = 75% and will cut off to quickly as battery ages.

Looking for the same: An adjustable hardwire kit which has also 12.2V/12.4V cutoff. Any ideas?

I have a AzDome 2.5A rated hard wire kit on a dual mirror cam. Cutoff voltage is too low (11.6V).
Viofo has nice mini USB ones hard wire kits but power rating only at 2.0A. I haven´t tested it but assume i need 2.5/3.0A.

Looking for the same: An adjustable hardwire kit which has also 12.2V/12.4V cutoff. Any ideas?

I have a AzDome 2.5A rated hard wire kit on a dual mirror cam. Cutoff voltage is too low (11.6V).
Viofo has nice mini USB ones hard wire kits but power rating only at 2.0A. I haven´t tested it but assume i need 2.5/3.0A.
I think you will be okay with the VIOFO, it has been updated a few times for more power hungry dashcam models without changing the specifications and will very happily provide maximum power, as seems to be confirmed in post #1.

Haven’t tried it with your camera, but I would be surprised if you use more power than an A129 Pro 4K 2channel.

I think you will be okay with the VIOFO, it has been updated a few times for more power hungry dashcam models without changing the specifications and will very happily provide maximum power, as seems to be confirmed in post #1.

Haven’t tried it with your camera, but I would be surprised if you use more power than an A129 Pro 4K 2channel.
I will try that, one thing the hooked mini USB connection on the viofo hardwire kit bends to the wrong direction. Is the housing sealed? or can i open it to connect another mini usb cable bending 180 degrees to the other end?

Good pickup.
I didn't check the little tabs on the wires and notice they were opposite.
I'll see how it goes now.
Cheers
And? did it work? Does the 2A viofo HW kit give enough amps for the AZdome M550 to keep on going without getting overheated?

Is the housing sealed? or can i open it to connect another mini usb cable bending 180 degrees to the other end?
It is sealed, and I don't recommend replacing it.

Another option is to use a Zenfox HWK, which is essentially the same as Viofo's HK3, except that it has a straight plug:

That normally drives the Zenfox T3 dashcam which has 3 channels and IR illumination to power, so is not short of power. I think the HWK has the same electronics inside as the Viofo, from the same factory.

Back