Does anyone know why this happens on my V119 V2? Youtube video clip attached

brokenMotor

Reaction score
Country
United States

My VIOFO A119 V2 dashcam recently started recording broken video intermittently. I happen to be able to reproduce it in this clip.

Attempt to fix previously made: I removed the flex cable for the camera on the main PCB and reinstalled it. I felt the glitch probability was reduced but the problem still was not fully resolved.

Any idea what is going on?

I guess it is the cable to the sensor that is loose, if that is the one you reinstalled then it is quite likely to be the other end of it that has the issue?

It's probably a loose connector on the ribbon cable going to the lens module that houses the sensor plate rather than the end that goes to the PCB, assuming that is the one you've already re-seated.

This video should be helpful. It's for the A119, A19 Pro and the A119S but the procedure will be the same for the V2.

Thanks guys! I did what you suggested and the test run in my room looks fine. Will install in my car and report if the fix does not last.

Just to add some details here:

The connector to the ribbon cable on the lens module is covered by a piece of black tape and that piece of tape needs to be removed first before remove & reinstall of the cable can be performed. I am starting to think that the tape might have a different heat expansion rate from the connector/cable and over several years the tape might have caused the cable to move slightly leading to contact issues. Just a hypothesis.

Unfortunately the issue is still not resolved. Video has been off and on in the past several months. I am pretty sure there is an issue with the ribbon cable.

After a round of ribbon cable removal & reinstallation, if the ribbon cable is at certain angle or twist condition the video would freeze. Once the video froze it would never recover.

After another round of ribbon cable removal & reinstallation, I was not able to get any video at all.

I googled the ribbon cable part number and no result was returned.

Time to buy a new one I guess.

I googled the ribbon cable part number and no result was returned.
You can buy a cable from the camera to the main board on Aliexpress or another site.
If my memory serves me correctly, 28 pins 50 mm, check the markings on the cable during disassembly.
If you can’t find 28 pins, you can take more and cut off the extra tracks.

Tested, it works!

Example of a loop:

DSCN5973-1500x1200.jpg

You can buy a cable from the camera to the main board on Aliexpress or another site.
If my memory serves me correctly, 28 pins 50 mm, check the markings on the cable during disassembly.
If you can’t find 28 pins, you can take more and cut off the extra tracks.

Tested, it works!

Example of a loop:

View attachment 69160
That is very helpful!

If I decide to buy a third party cable, following should be the spec:

28 pins, 0.5mm pitch, 50mm length, contact on the same side

Not sure about the thickness of the cable.

IMG_0974.jpeg

Reactions: gse
Back