Does the Lightning to SD Card Adpater work for DashCam Videos?

Also check out Dr. Memory on Amazon.

I don't have personal experience with this product but it is said to work well to transfer from memory card to iPhone and vice versa, including many video codecs.

View attachment 29878

And yes, The Apple Lightning to SD card adapter will work if the dash camera has a viable DCIM folder. Some cameras, such as the SG9665GC have a DCIM folder but the folder will not be recognized as holding content so that the transfer will not work. At least with Amazon you can return the product if it doesn't work with your particular camera. (Edit: Not quite sure if this is available on Amazon UK at this time. :()
I purchased Dr. Memory from Amazon, and it was delivered today. Works perfectly on my IPhone and IPad playing files recorded using a SG9665GC V3. Thanks for the tip!
Edit: Uses an app that can be downloaded for free from the App Store.

I purchased Dr. Memory from Amazon, and it was delivered today. Works perfectly on my IPhone and IPad playing files recorded using a SG9665GC V3. Thanks for the tip!
Edit: Uses an app that can be downloaded for free from the App Store.

That's great! Do you get audio when you play the files? That's been the primary issue with these things.

Thanks! :) That's what we all need to know about Dr. Memory. Both the iReader and now apparently Dr. Memory haven't as yet been able to play the audio on an iPhone/iPad that should be with the original video files.

Last edited:
Thanks! :) That's what we all need to know about Dr. Memory. Both the iReader and now apparently Dr. Memory haven't as yet been able to play the audio on an iPhone/iPad that should be with the original video files.
Pretty sure I got audio when I used the Dr. Memory.

Thanks! :) That's what we all need to know about Dr. Memory. Both the iReader and now apparently Dr. Memory haven't as yet been able to play the audio on an iPhone/Pad that should be with the original video files.
I am unable to play the audio on either device using Dr. Memory. Audio was recorded as I can hear it fine on my Mac. The video is outstanding though.

I am unable to play the audio on either device using Dr. Memory. Audio was recorded as I can hear it fine on my Mac. The video is outstanding though.
Ok, now I need to go check. I thought I was getting audio.

Pretty sure both are from the same or similar developer and both are missing the audio codec from what ever Novatek 96655/96650 uses to encode audio.

Pretty sure I got audio when I used the Dr. Memory.

@Street Guardian USA said on Friday,

'"Ok I plugged in and "iUSB Pro" was prompted to be installed automatically.

A SG9665GC V3 test Video plays but there is no Audio. (just like the other readers)'"

My iReader that Street Guardian sent me awhile ago does the same thing.

No response from 360laptop parts yet. I've sent a message 5 different ways. They seem to be the exclusive seller of Dr Memory

Video/Audio plays back in every player out there except this oddball idissk/idiskk iOS app. It should be easy to fix if only we could get through to the actual developer. While video plays back great direct, at least audio works find if you export to the camera roll for now as a work around until then. I'll keep trying to get a hold of these guys.

Video/Audio plays back in every player out there except this oddball idissk/idiskk iOS app. It should be easy to fix if only we could get through to the actual developer. While video plays back great direct, at least audio works find if you export to the camera roll for now as a work around until then. I'll keep trying to get a hold of these guys.

"Yes Officer, just give me a minute or two here and I'll see if I can't show you the video of what happened! I was blowing my horn and the brakes were screeching but then she went and did what she did anyway."

Back