Does this camera exist?

smarty156

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a Thinkware F770 dual cam setup as I loved all the features, the performance and the good reviews.
However, I am VERY limited in where I can put a camera in the front of my new car and the F770 just won't go anywhere that is either out of the way enough to be legal, sufficiently out of sight of the driver and not too far off to one side to not be a bit of a waste of time/annoying. I am therefore sending it back (reluctantly), along with the Cellink B that I was going to use for parking mode.
I've looked around for something else but can't find it. It needs to be as small (and discrete) as something like a Mini 0806 but have the features of the F770, including time lapse parking mode, dual 1080p cameras with good image quality (day and night), good reliability, build and support. It needs to be able to take at least a 64Gb micro SD card.
Remote live viewing would be nice too.
Not bothered about a screen if it has wifi.
So, does such a camera exist? Someone tell me it does and point me in the right direction please.
Thanks.

Maybe the qvia cameras, they are also the barrel type like 0806, but be that a larger barrel i think at least the dual channel models.

You could swap the smaller rear camera of the F770 to the front, but you wont have easy access to the buttons.

The front camera tends to be big as it houses electronics for two cameras.

The Blackvue DR650S is probably the next closest thing from the list of stuff you want. The front camera is still big just shaped differently compared to the F770. Rear camera is only 720p

My car has quite a low roof for a salon car and so the windscreen doesn't have much height. Something like the Qvia with the bracket that sticks on top just puts the camera in the way. It's also a bit long but not a disaster. The rest looks fine although reviews are a bit shaky.
Same issue with the Black Vue.
Swapping the F770 back to front won't work either as the rear would then block the view out of the rear window.

I guess I'll have to wait and see if any new models come out.
What I need is a tiny front camera but I can't find anything with Parking Mode.

However, I am VERY limited in where I can put a camera in the front of my new car and the F770 just won't go anywhere that is either out of the way enough to be legal, sufficiently out of sight of the driver and not too far off to one side to not be a bit of a waste of time/annoying.
If a low profile camera like the F770 doesn't fit anywhere in your car's windscreen, I don't think any camera will.

The F770 is low profile but when you stick it on the screen it actually takes up quite a bit of screen area. That's the problem.

I'm going to try a Mobius attached to the plastic cover that goes around the collision detection etc camera that's behind the mirror. Not ideal as a dash cam and no true parking mode that I can see. However it's nice and small and in that position will be very discrete from the outside and also out of view of the driver.
Not in the right section here but I'd like to know the best way to set this camera up to have some sort of parking mode running. I'm getting the super capacitor for it which should give it some parking life. I'll look in the Mobius section.

Thanks anyway all.

I'm going to try a Mobius attached to the plastic cover that goes around the collision detection etc camera that's behind the mirror. Not ideal as a dash cam and no true parking mode that I can see. However it's nice and small and in that position will be very discrete from the outside and also out of view of the driver.
Not in the right section here but I'd like to know the best way to set this camera up to have some sort of parking mode running. I'm getting the super capacitor for it which should give it some parking life. I'll look in the Mobius section.
Thanks anyway all.
The supercapacitor will not give you any parking life. It only has enough capacity to safely shut down the camera after the external power is switched off, or accidentally removed, which is about 2 seconds.

For parking mode, you can run the mobius in continuous recording mode all day from a powerbank. I used a 64Gb card and 16000mAh powerbank. I've since donated these to my wife for just that purpose, recording whilst her car is parked at work.

Thanks both.
If I'm not putting the camera in direct light (it will be shielded being below the plastic cover) am I better off having the battery rather than the capacitor? How long does the internal battery last before it runs out?
How do you recharge the power bank? Is it hardwired in?
Did I read there's now a time lapse parking mode?

I may use sticky back velcro to attach the bracket (with mount removed) directly to the plastic shroud behind the mirror.

Last edited:
Yeah the actual footprint can be a issue, i am so glad i have the dotted area in front of my mirror, otherwise the 9665GC would suddenly be a huge camera.

But with 2/3 of it "hidden" by the black dots it is pretty good, the XS while not a big camera just scream "HEY LOOK AT ME" in its location and on suction cup mount ( suction cup on black dots as that work in my car )

I've since donated these to my wife for just that purpose

What a nice guy :)

I guess I'll have to wait and see if any new models come out.
What I need is a tiny front camera but I can't find anything with Parking Mode.

There is a new F100 coming by the end of this month. Basically looks like the F50 model but you can add a rear cam to this one (although rear cam only 720p) still has parking mode, speed cameras (and you can actually disable the 'mobile camera zone' message on this one) no WiFi or display though but it will verbally tell you how many 'shock / movement' events you have had whilst parked. It isn't as good spec wise as the F770 but still good and a lot smaller.

@smarty156
With Mobius you're probably better off withe the caps instead of the battery version; it's far more heat-tolerant. I think almost all of us who record with it 24/7 use caps. FYI there's also a version with a side-mounted lens which may be a better fit in tight places or add to the discretion factor. Not sure which lenses fit that model- maybe somebody else here knows that answer ;)

Phil

I'll check out the F50 to see what that's like. Thanks.

The standard lens configuration is fine on the Mobius. I'll take a pic once I've fitted it.

Looking at the F50, if they can make the F100 the same size but with the ability to add a rear camera and keep the time lapse parking mode, that could be the one! It would just need a very low profile mount (unlike the F50). I'm sure I could sort something for that.
Just one question, how do you configure it if there's no wifi?
May be returning the Mobius as soon as it arrives!

It would need the memory card put into a PC to adjust settings / view the footage.
(Although in an emergency if you have an android phone with micro sd slot you can put the card straight from the camera into the phone and it should play the files)

The mount will be identical to the F50 though & no time lapse, just movement / shock.

No time lapse? Nooooo. That's what I want.
Now I'm disappointed.
Maybe I'll get an F50 for the front and something else for the rear. What is the size of a rear camera but actually a front camera that I can put in the rear?

Ok. Scrap that. I see the F50 doesn't have time lapse either.
I find that very annoying as surely that could very easily be implemented.

What I really want is an F770 in an F50 body. I'm really struggling with this!

I've seen talk from September last year saying Street Guardian were bringing out a dual camera system but can't find any info. Did it ever come out?
Also, the replacement for the Blackvue 650 - any info? Seems due this month too.

I've looked at the F50 reviews and they're not great. Video quality not great and no WDR.

Back