Does your GPS unit blink while getting lock?

bigjezza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi,

I just noticed today that my panorama II's GPS unit was not blinking and the GPS Signal on the display was red with little wave animations coming out of it. I've left it for 10 minutes or so driving along the highway and it still hasn't gotten lock, so I just unplugged the GPS and drove home.

I just tested it stationary for a few minutes. In the past it would get a fix almost instantly, but today it hasn't. My question is have I got a faulty unit? Does every one else's blink while its trying to lock or not, because mine doesn't... Tomorrow I will try leaving it for some time trying to get a lock.

Also, whats shpkoreas's warranty? I got it in jan this year...

Hi,

I just noticed today that my panorama II's GPS unit was not blinking and the GPS Signal on the display was red with little wave animations coming out of it. I've left it for 10 minutes or so driving along the highway and it still hasn't gotten lock, so I just unplugged the GPS and drove home.

I just tested it stationary for a few minutes. In the past it would get a fix almost instantly, but today it hasn't. My question is have I got a faulty unit? Does every one else's blink while its trying to lock or not, because mine doesn't... Tomorrow I will try leaving it for some time trying to get a lock.

As I understood, - the GPS was working ( locking ) before, and its only recently you realised it is not locking any more ?

As I understood, - the GPS was working ( locking ) before, and its only recently you realised it is not locking any more ?
that is correct, in the past it was fine, and now it is not locking onto the signal.

Did you do a firmware update, just before the gps died?

I asked, because FW updates have apparently caused gps outages on my unit.

yeah definitely wasn't the firmware. I did find another thread with a user explaining the same behavior as mine, except that they turned off the cam and put it back on and it got a lock...

well after reading another thread I popped open the GPS receiver and snapped the battery out, didn't desolder just ripped it out. All fixed...

that never worked for mine. it took a week of numerous daily on/off combos to return:(

Hi,

I've had nothing but problems with my GPS not locking on. Yesterday, it took over two hours, today, after 6 hours of driving, it never did lock on.

Rather than pay $50 + for shipping back and forth, I got home, removed this piece of junk Panorama IIS and put my old FineVu CR500 back in the car.

So much for the "Best Dash Cam of 2014" !

yeah I wasn't keen on posting it back. I thought it was worth a shot to kill the little button cell in the GPS module, and it worked. The downside is that it will take about a minute to get lock, abit slower than before my issue...

yeah I wasn't keen on posting it back. I thought it was worth a shot to kill the little button cell in the GPS module, and it worked. The downside is that it will take about a minute to get lock, abit slower than before my issue...

Did you remove the battery? Or replace it?

I didn't replace the battery, which I think is why it takes longer to lock

exactly. I approached it with the mindset of "it can't get any worse than it is" and there is no meat left on the PCB to solder it back after I literally ripped it out.

Back